Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers at Giants Discussion Thread

Evidently He got his paper, he got his cash.
    Such is the NFL nowadays

Well, I'm not saying that. I think the guy wants to play and all. I'm not questioning his heart or motivation. I'm just saying it's a damn violent game, and once players start getting hurt, especially the same areas over and over, the body breaks down and it's harder to stay on the field. That's what I'm afraid is happening with Alexander. The guy has never given us reason to question his heart. The dude isn't afraid to tackle. He's not like some past Packer corners or safeties, who regularly turned down tackles.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It's been a bad year for Jaire. I don't know that you trade him, you'd be probably selling low on him, and he should have some good seasons left. When he's dialed in, he's very very good. I'm not sure he's top-paid CB good, but it doesn't hurt to have a CB like that to guard the Justin Jeffersons of the world.
    The games he's played this season he's been hot and cold, mostly cold. I do think being a smaller corner has contributed to his injuries.

GB will almost definitely draft a CB and a S. They have ONE safety under contract next year, and they've been starting Corey Ballentine (a PS CB who sometimes gets picked on but is contributing) at CB while trying out guys like Rochelle, Kelly, and Long.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    It's been a bad year for Jaire. I don't know that you trade him, you'd be probably selling low on him, and he should have some good seasons left. When he's dialed in, he's very very good. I'm not sure he's top-paid CB good, but it doesn't hurt to have a CB like that to guard the Justin Jeffersons of the world.
    The games he's played this season he's been hot and cold, mostly cold. I do think being a smaller corner has contributed to his injuries.

GB will almost definitely draft a CB and a S. They have ONE safety under contract next year, and they've been starting Corey Ballentine (a PS CB who sometimes gets picked on but is contributing) at CB while trying out guys like Rochelle, Kelly, and Long.
    I know we're all excited about where this team is right now, but we also have to remember this is a very young team. I'm reading lots of BS about running the table, but man, this is the same team that couldn't get out of its own way earlier in the season. I'd say we need to be patient if tonight the Packers look sloppy or don't play well. They are still young.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

#Packers RB Aaron Jones (knee) isn’t expected to play tonight against the #Giants, per source.

Jones, who is listed as questionable, is working hard to get back. He’s just not ready. So, it’ll be the AJ Dillon show again tonight.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

Good Point about Jaire. I think he bounces back and plays better with several other good ones sharing the load. I"d like to say Stokes will come back strong, but that would be a shaky assumption. Between Jaire, Stokes and Valentine, however, with Ballentine and Nixon as quality back ups, I think we're good at Corner, maybe draft a good young prospect if there aren't other higher priorities.

Which of the Safetys is the only one under contract? I hope not Savage hahahaha. I like these new guys - Ford, Owens, and Johnson - at least as good as what we've had playing Safety in recent years - a lot better than Savage.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

We ought to be able to beat the Giants. LaFleur just needs to instill a don't be over confident attitude - leave that for us fans hahahaha.

I think the Packer offense continues to roll, and we win big unless Barry's D makes it close.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Anthony Johnson Jr. is the only safety under contract past this year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hopefully Barry doesn't run the same off ball soft zone defense that he used against the Steelers. Inviting a running team to run the ball is the definition of stupidity.

Not to take anything away from 2 great victories - but the Lions just lost to the Bears and the Chiefs lost again at home.
    Perhaps we caught both ‘good’ teams on low points.

Giants coming off a bye - definitely a trap game.

Packers are gonna roll in this one. Giants don't have a QB and are tanking to get one.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Not to take anything away from 2 great victories - but the Lions just lost to the Bears and the Chiefs lost again at home.
    Perhaps we caught both ‘good’ teams on low points.

Giants coming off a bye - definitely a trap game.
    Fuken hater, maybe the Packers sent them spiraling? Not like they squeezed out wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Fuken hater, maybe the Packers sent them spiraling? Not like they squeezed out wins.
    Ha. I’m not hating - just hoping Lafleur has them in the right mindset.

The giants game last year where Aaron broke his thumb was the end of an era in many ways.

I think we’ll win tonight - just have to keep their head below the clouds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Packers are gonna roll in this one. Giants don't have a QB and are tanking to get one.
    Finally!! Took you all season but we finally got one great post out of you. Must be a contract year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Ha. I’m not hating - just hoping Lafleur has them in the right mindset.

The giants game last year where Aaron broke his thumb was the end of an era in many ways.

I think we’ll win tonight - just have to keep their head below the clouds.
    Hope he had the team watch the bears lions. Seeing lions turned into kitties is all the motivation needed. Tex said no but I say the North is up for grabs.

Giants are not a good team, but they are a dangerous team. Focus on stopping Barkley and I think they'll be ok.
    Offense has been better and improving - Josh Myers outplayed Creed Humprey last week and has been doing well the last few weeks. Runyan is still a bit of a problem. If Dexter Lawrence is playing they will have their hands full.

As long as the Packers don't play stupid or beat themselves with mistakes they should win.

I feel like there's been so much talk of it being a trap game it's not one any longer. I'm sure the players know what's at stake. Win tonight and they effectively have 1.5 games on the Rams for a playoff spot.

Not surprised Aaron Jones isn't playing. Metlife Stadium is known for having a bad field, it rained in NY yesterday, and it will be a short week with TB coming to Lambeau after beating ATL for the 1st place tiebreaker in the NFC South.

Thanks for the detailed update on the Packers-Giants series and the current status of both teams! It's fascinating to see the historical stats and the nuances of their last meeting, especially with Aaron Rodgers breaking his thumb on the last play, leading to a challenging stretch for the Packers.

As for the Giants, it seems like they've faced some quarterback challenges with Daniel Jones out for the season, but Tommy Devito and Tyrod Taylor have been holding their own. The defensive stats provide a comprehensive overview of their performance against the pass and the run, showcasing both strengths and areas for improvement.

Looking forward to the upcoming game and seeing how the dynamics play out on the field. Feel free to share more updates and insights as the season progresses!

They’ve beaten washington 2w, cardinals and patriots.

We really should beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Hopefully Barry doesn't run the same off ball soft zone defense that he used against the Steelers. Inviting a running team to run the ball is the definition of stupidity.
    This is my big fear. I just don't understand how Joe Barely thinks. That, and my other fear is that the young offense plays . . . young tonight. Young and hungover.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcupid View Post
    Thanks for the detailed update on the Packers-Giants series and the current status of both teams! It's fascinating to see the historical stats and the nuances of their last meeting, especially with Aaron Rodgers breaking his thumb on the last play, leading to a challenging stretch for the Packers.

As for the Giants, it seems like they've faced some quarterback challenges with Daniel Jones out for the season, but Tommy Devito and Tyrod Taylor have been holding their own. The defensive stats provide a comprehensive overview of their performance against the pass and the run, showcasing both strengths and areas for improvement.

Looking forward to the upcoming game and seeing how the dynamics play out on the field. Feel free to share more updates and insights as the season progresses!
    Welcome to PackerRats! Your account is now fully activated, and your post can be seen by the supposed football "experts" here.

Let me know if you have any questions.