Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lets see some real analysis of Jordan Love.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Peter Bukowski
    @Peter_Bukowski

His accuracy has improved, but they've also leaned into the KINDS of shot throws he's best at. Love is excellent laying deep throws outside the numbers on corners, deep overs, and slot fades.

He's far less accurate throwing sideline go balls or seam/posts to the middle.
    Very noticeable that he has been firing away. I don’t think he does touch passes great but damn the lasers are direct hits.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I agree with you about going for the kill, but he shoulda rolled out, got outside the tackle box, and thrown it away rather than making it a ten yard longer kick for a shaky rookie kicker.
    It was really the only play all game where he looked like a first year starter.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    It was really the only play all game where he looked like a first year starter.
    I don't agree. He stepped up in the pocket trying to avoid the sack but the pocket collapsed on him. If he tried to roll out, he might have lost more yards. He couldn't just throw it away because he was still in the pocket and it would have stopped the clock.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I don't agree. He stepped up in the pocket trying to avoid the sack but the pocket collapsed on him. If he tried to roll out, he might have lost more yards. He couldn't just throw it away because he was still in the pocket and it would have stopped the clock.
    Exactly, the worst possibility on that play was an incompletion. We needed the clock to run. If Love had thrown it away, we would have given Mahomes 40 extra seconds to tie the game up.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The decision of a pass play - going for the kill - for better or worse, was almost certainly LaFleur's. That part is debatable. The mistake the kid made - and I say this as now a big supporter of his, was to take a deep drop and let himself be sacked. Fortunately for him and all us fans, the kicker bailed him out by making it from 10 or so yards farther.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

So I have heard a lot of love trash talk this season, and I know I was doubting him at one point, but I kinda already hate how much rah rah love dtuff is bring published. This week has gotten stupid and I hope it cools a bit. Not his play, just the excessive praise.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

He's the new thing after beating two 1st place teams in consecutive games on National TV. If he was beating ARI and IND with the 3rd string broadcast crew there wouldn't be as much noise about it.
    I do agree there's been a lot of hype though. Am hoping MLF and the veterans can keep the youngsters focused on the game and doing what got them this far.

This will be a great game to see how Love responds to success. You all remember what Mike McCarthy used to say about success….
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    So I have heard a lot of love trash talk this season, and I know I was doubting him at one point, but I kinda already hate how much rah rah love dtuff is bring published. This week has gotten stupid and I hope it cools a bit. Not his play, just the excessive praise.
    It is the world we live in now. Knee Jerk, over the top reactions to generate clicks for advertising $$$.

I HATE IT!

Unfortunately, it will take a bad game for the press to stop hyping him. I'd rather deal with a fawning press if it means that Love is lights out these last 5 games.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The decision of a pass play - going for the kill - for better or worse, was almost certainly LaFleur's. That part is debatable. The mistake the kid made - and I say this as now a big supporter of his, was to take a deep drop and let himself be sacked. Fortunately for him and all us fans, the kicker bailed him out by making it from 10 or so yards farther.
    The deep drop is due to the play call. He stepped up trying to minimize the loss, but the pocket collapsed. The only possible alternative was to pull the ball down sooner to run. No guarantees you don't get the same result and no chance to make the big play. HoF QBs would have done nothing different.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I am not on the Love bandwagon. I am not a Love hater.

I still like to point out that Pat Kirwin on NFL radio says it takes 20 games to really know what you have at QB.

Signs sure seem to be pointing up right now but 5 weeks ago I think we all were worried that Love wasn’t going to be a quality starter at QB.

For me, he certainly has shown enough to know he is your starter for next year. Get some more weapons especially at RB and get some help for the OL. Fire Barely and keep drafting like the last couple of years.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

How is he on the sidelines? Does he communicate with the line or receivers when the D's on the field?
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 12-09-2023 at 04:45 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.