Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Week 14 Other Games Thread

Dak Prescott having an MVP-type year with Mike McCarthy calling plays. Imagine that.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dak Prescott having an MVP-type year with Mike McCarthy calling plays. Imagine that.
    M3 looking healthy at halftime. Hate cowboys but still wish McCarthy well.

That Cowboys kicker is gonna make one from 70 some day.

I really like McCarthy. He could win another Owl this year. If we can’t win it, I hope MM does.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I’m getting a laugh out of Mahommes getting eaten alive on Twitter for being a sore loser and a whiny bitch. He’s graduated from grateful awe shucks youngster to full pampered tyrant in a few short years.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m getting a laugh out of Mahommes getting eaten alive on Twitter for being a sore loser and a whiny bitch. He’s graduated from grateful awe shucks youngster to full pampered tyrant in a few short years.
    Did you whine on Twitter about the two successful “Love Shoves” that were called back due to offensive offsides? If so, who are you to call P-Ma a tyrant?

P-Ma has a point: the zebras are scripting NFL games. Hell, an argument could be made supporting the notion that the zebras scripted Brady to 7 Super Bowl wins - it all started with that infamous Brady fumble that was overturned as an incompletion.

They all do. It must be human nature. Except for Bart Starr, maybe, but that was a different time.

I can't even imagine - "Hey, Bart, what's your 'brand'?"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Did you whine on Twitter about the two successful “Love Shoves” that were called back due to offensive offsides? If so, who are you to call P-Ma a tyrant?

P-Ma has a point: the zebras are scripting NFL games. Hell, an argument could be made supporting the notion that the zebras scripted Brady to 7 Super Bowl wins - it all started with that infamous Brady fumble that was overturned as an incompletion.
    APB, I generally have more bad to say about officials in various sports than just about anybody, but I sure as hell don't buy into this idiotic conspiratorial crap about "scripting" games or "it's all rigged". I'm surprised that you do. They make mistakes, and I wouldn't put it past them to do make up calls for the mistakes, but scripted? Hell No. Basketball, both NBA and college, are a LOT worse than the NFL. There, I wouldn't claim out and out favoritism, but there is a bias toward some styles over others which makes some teams victims more than others. The worst you can validly say about the NFL is they aren't consistent in how close they call things - like last night, super close on both teams early and later not so much.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I've always had a high opinion of Dak even when a lot of others didn't. In his early years, he was the next thing to Rodgers in being careful. Then he had a stretch of throwing too many picks. Now under McCarthy, he has settled in to doing it right. Do ya'all suppose McCarthy actually gets some credit for coaching up Rodgers early in his career to be that way too? Maybe Packer fans didn't give Ol' Mike enough credit. Or maybe he just needed a new start to up his coaching game. Or maybe both.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    APB, I generally have more bad to say about officials in various sports than just about anybody, but I sure as hell don't buy into this idiotic conspiratorial crap about "scripting" games or "it's all rigged". I'm surprised that you do. They make mistakes, and I wouldn't put it past them to do make up calls for the mistakes, but scripted? Hell No. Basketball, both NBA and college, are a LOT worse than the NFL. There, I wouldn't claim out and out favoritism, but there is a bias toward some styles over others which makes some teams victims more than others. The worst you can validly say about the NFL is they aren't consistent in how close they call things - like last night, super close on both teams early and later not so much.
    I was attempting to be sarcastic.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Mahomie is fun to watch regardless but I really need to stop hearing him talk because all I can think is…..

It seemed to start last year after they won the Super Bowl. All that talk about how "nobody respected us". Hell, they were always one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe it started before that and I just missed it.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It seemed to start last year after they won the Super Bowl. All that talk about how "nobody respected us". Hell, they were always one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe it started before that and I just missed it.
    Isn't that what every team says? It's such an artificial stimulant, so obvious.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"Well, except for my mom, my school coaches, my ex-teammates, my current teammates, fanmail from prisons and elementary schools, my Twitter replies, and the sellout home crowds and their signs, my personal chef, private performance coach, the Bodega clerks, cat groomer, gawking pizza-delivery teens,
    and the one contrarian dude on the panel show, nobody believed in me."
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

I hate-enjoyed watching Mahomes on the final drive against us. It was easier since it was an eight-point deficit, but he reminded me of an old arcade boss where you beat 'em up and they come back faster and angrier (and maybe a different color). He just wanted to launch 20-30 yard rockets when he ran out of tineouts.

But just like last week, it sounds like he had chances after the controversial play, and didn't make it happen.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Blog Entries
    That's an awesome way to describe that feeling man. He was acting like King Bowser yesterday after Mario beats him.

But dont you automatically dislike him for being a Texas Tech guy with all your Baylor love?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Mahomie is fun to watch regardless but I really need to stop hearing him talk because all I can think is…..

Hi ho, kermit the frog here....
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I hate-enjoyed watching Mahomes on the final drive against us. It was easier since it was an eight-point deficit, but he reminded me of an old arcade boss where you beat 'em up and they come back faster and angrier (and maybe a different color). He just wanted to launch 20-30 yard rockets when he ran out of tineouts.

But just like last week, it sounds like he had chances after the controversial play, and didn't make it happen.
    That’s exactly how it felt. It felt like he was gonna do it too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hi ho, kermit the frog here....
    And he dates a blonde!!

Sorry to disrupt the AFC shit, but the friggin’ Bears looked and delivered scarily good.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Sorry to disrupt the AFC shit, but the friggin’ Bears looked and delivered scarily good.
    For sure. Fields can really throw the ball. Velocity, accuracy, touch, everything. He’s an elite passer. And dangerous runner. Jordan Love is better off platform, but other than that, when it comes to physical skill and talent, every thing Jordan Love does, Fields does better.

If not for the mental part of the game, Fields is a generational talent.

But he processes slow. He has no anticipation. He stands there confused on more than half of his drop backs, if not more. They do everything they can to make one read plays for him, like screens or isolating DJ Moore on half of the field where the defense has less moving parts to account for. They’re doing everything they can to make a kindergarten offense for him, but he’s so limited mentally, I think you always just kind of want to replace him so you can open up your offense.

But on any given Sunday, that guy can destroy your defense if they get him enough easy reads to just let his elite talent take over.

And the rest of their team is very much improved. If they keep fields they’ll be good. The only way they’re gonna sink into the usual bear misery is if they let fields go and completely whiff in their qb selection. And that is peak Bears being Bears.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 12-12-2023 at 05:48 PM.