Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    PFF Best/Worse Players

Top 5 offense

1. RB Patrick Taylor: 77.9
    2. TE Tucker Kraft: 76.4
    3. RT Zach Tom: 72.2
    4. LT Rasheed Walker: 67.7
    5. RB A.J. Dillon: 66.1

Taylor rushed for times for 30 yards and two first downs, caught two passes for 22 yards and a first down and was the team’s highest graded pass-blocker overall. Kraft caught all four targets for 64 yards and three first downs and was excellent as a blocker in both phases. Tom allowed only two hurries and was the offensive line’s top graded run blocker. Walker gave up two pressures, including a sack, but was otherwise solid. Dillon turned 17 touches into 78 total yards and forced six total missed tackles.

Top 5 defense

1. DL Devonte Wyatt: 89.7
    2. DL TJ Slaton: 86.9
    3. OLB Lukas Van Ness: 72.1
    4. LB Isaiah McDuffie: 68.3
    5. CB Carrington Valentine: 66.3

Wyatt had a team-high five pressures (all hurries) and four stops against the run. Slaton produced two run stops and a pressure over 34 snaps. Van Ness got bullied on Saquon Barkley’s first touchdown run but also produced one pressure and one run stop. McDuffie had a stop and didn’t allow a catch in coverage but graded out poorly against the run. Valentine gave up four catches, including a touchdown, and had a penalty, but he also produced two stops and a fumble recovery.

Bottom 5 offense

1. TE Ben Sims: 52.4
    2. C Josh Myers: 54.6
    3. WR Romeo Doubs: 54.7
    4. LG Elgton Jenkins: 55.3
    5. WR Malik Heath: 55.8

Sims wasn’t targeted and received poor run-blocking grades over 10 snaps. Myers allowed a season-high five pressures including a sack. Doubs ran 39 routes but had just 32 receiving yards on seven targets. Jenkins allowed five pressures, including two quarterback hits, and had a false start. Heath caught 1-of-2 contested targets (on final two plays) over 10 routes and was below average as a blocker.

Bottom 5 defense

1. CB Keisean Nixon: 40.1
    2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 40.9
    3. CB Corey Ballentine: 46.1
    4. DL Karl Brooks: 50.1
    5. S Darnell Savage: 57.9

Nixon gave up four catches for a team-high 60 yards, including the back-breaking 32-yarder to Wan’Dale Robinson. He also missed a tackle. Enagbare had three hurries but graded very poorly against the run. Ballentine, an ex-Giant, allowed two catches, missed two tackles and was the defense’s lowest graded run defender. Brooks didn’t have a pressure over 13 pass-rush snaps and struggled against the run. Savage missed a team-high three tackles and was responsible for three completions.

Special teams

Rudy Ford and Anthony Johnson Jr. both committed 15-yard penalties on special teams. Ford recovered a fumble. The Packers didn’t have a tackle or miss on special teams. Anders Carlson connected on 3-of-4 field goals, with a long of 48 and a miss from 45. Daniel Whelan put 1-of-3 punts inside the 20-yard line but averaged under 40 yards per punt. Keisean Nixon fumbled away a punt return. Overall, this was the Packers’ second-lowest graded game on special teams.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 58.6 Love finished with three “big-time throws” and two “turnover-worthy plays.” He hit on just 1-of-5 passes thrown over 20 yards and 3-of-10 passes thrown over 10 yards, averaged just 2.3 yards per attempt under pressure (14 of 41 dropbacks) and received a poor run grade after losing a fumble. Love had seven completions thrown behind the line of scrimmage gaining only five yards. Monday night was Love’s second-lowest grade of the 2023 season.

Thank you for posting this; my eyes were not lying when I was watching another pathetic performance by Josh Myers, who they should really just send packing.

I really enjoy listening to Bryan Bulaga's weekly breakown of our OL after watching every play over and analyzing each OL

Bulaga absolutely loves Zach Tom. He thinks he's a future Pro Bowler who can do great at several positions. As for Myers and Runyan, well...same answer for BOTH of those two
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

We all can rest assured Guter will be picking at least two offensive linemen in the next draft, and one is almost surely going to be in the first two rounds.

WTF is going on with Jenkins? He was lights-out before he got injured, and I don't know if he's never recovered or what, but he's not played well this year.

I was glad to see Devonte Wyatt appear on the top of the list - if he can really develop, that takes the stress of Guter to pick yet another defensive lineman or OLB early early. He'll definitely need a safety or two and a corner, but maybe the #1 pick this year will be an offensive player, though not a player who's offensive.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jenkins looks about 30 pounds heavier than pre injury. Maybe its my lying eyes.

Speaking of my eyes, they told me that Walker, McDuffie and Wyatt had good games, and that correlates with the scores. They also told me its time to put Myers out of our misery and that too matched the score. Nixon was noticeably bad.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

With very few exceptions, this PFF crap flies in the face of observation.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    With very few exceptions, this PFF crap flies in the face of observation.
    It's certainly flawed, but it doesn't help if you've already made up your mind and refuse to consider any data that does not conform to your opinion.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

True - Observation over Analytics or whatever you would call this PFF crap every time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Thank you for posting this; my eyes were not lying when I was watching another pathetic performance by Josh Myers, who they should really just send packing.

I really enjoy listening to Bryan Bulaga's weekly breakown of our OL after watching every play over and analyzing each OL

Bulaga absolutely loves Zach Tom. He thinks he's a future Pro Bowler who can do great at several positions. As for Myers and Runyan, well...same answer for BOTH of those two
    Where is that? I would like to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's certainly flawed, but it doesn't help if you've already made up your mind and refuse to consider any data that does not conform to your opinion.
    I don't know how they generate scores, but I think they do a pretty solid job overall. Sometimes I disagree, but I don't watch every player on every play either.

I don't know if the comments that come with the top-five and bottom-five that Joe puts out there for us are from Joe or the site, but when I read them, it appears that the scores are really heavily weighted by certain big plays, positive or negative. So if a guy is having a really shitty day, but he makes one big play - maybe gets an interception or catches a long bomb - it really amps up his score. So if he was really crummy most of the time, but made a big splash play, he seems to get a good score. And the reverse, also - a guy can be playing a good solid game, but if he has one bad play, his score plummets. I don't know if that's how it really works or not; that's just my observation from reading the comments that go with the scores.

KYPack

I don't know if the comments that come with the top-five and bottom-five that Joe puts out there for us are from Joe or the site, but when I read them, it appears that the scores are really heavily weighted by certain big plays, positive or negative. So if a guy is having a really shitty day, but he makes one big play - maybe gets an interception or catches a long bomb - it really amps up his score. So if he was really crummy most of the time, but made a big splash play, he seems to get a good score. And the reverse, also - a guy can be playing a good solid game, but if he has one bad play, his score plummets. I don't know if that's how it really works or not; that's just my observation from reading the comments that go with the scores.
    The scores are compiled by Pro Football Focus and published by Packers Wire. I don't know if the comments are also by PFF, or if those are composed by Packers Wire.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I also wonder how a score is calculated for instance....Myers allows massive inside pressure and Love is crushed. On the same play Tom was beaten slightly, but it had zero impact on the play because Myers was beaten so bad. How do they score the Tom play? And if Tom stonewalled his guy on the same play does he get a bonus, or same "no difference"? Early in Walkers tenure he was beaten a lot, but it didn't impact the play. Also, he had a ton of TE help early...how do they score that? What if its a quick hitter, but Runyan was bowled over, but it didn't impact the play?

Edit: To me if you need a TE chip, its a negative play on your end. You "lost" the down by needing help at all. I don't even care if you stonewalled the guy from that point on.

Speaking of Walker, has his play improved enough to consider him a possible good starting left tackle next season, or is he just a JAG?

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Walker, has his play improved enough to consider him a possible good starting left tackle next season, or is he just a JAG?
    Bulaga and Tauch would say he's currently a JAG but they'd like to see more of him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Where is that? I would like to watch it.

He's on the radio. I downloaded an application called Wisconsin On Demmand and I have free access to several radio shows that include Wilde and Tausch as well as Steve the Homer True. Bulaga comes on once a week. Let me figure out the exact day

He has improved to where he's better than Njiman, but he has much room for improvement in terms of consistency, fundamentals, and run blocking. I don't know how he compares to Marshmellow Newhouse back in the day, but I get those kind of vibes.
    Walker does have great size and is a good athlete, I think some of it is between the ears with him and he might come around. If I were Gute I wouldn't be shy about drafting an OT though. Njiman won't be back and Bahktiari might be done. At a minimum they'll need another T for depth, and I am skeptical Luke Tenuta or Caleb Jones are it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The scores are compiled by Pro Football Focus and published by Packers Wire. I don't know if the comments are also by PFF, or if those are composed by Packers Wire.
    There should be an explanation on the PFF site for how the scores are determined. A 60 is roughly average NFL play. A 90 is All-Pro elite. I don't always agree with their grades but they are in general at least in the ballpark. Part of the issue -- especially recently -- is they've expanded their grading to more games and thus they need more graders, some of whom aren't as good as the original staffers. (I think somewhere out there you can even find a job posting to be a PFF grader) There are rumors they outsourced some of it to other countries lol.

It's a nice idea and I appreciate what it tries to do, but at times can be victim to subjectivity or bias.

Andy Herman does a grading as well if you follow any of the Pack-a-Day stuff, I tend to agree with his scores most of the time, and his usually agree with PFF's, with a few exceptions. At least he'll give explanations on his podcast for scores as well. He's started bringing Sam Monson from PFF on his show and they talk some of it as well and that sheds a bit of light on it. Sorry if I sound like an ad for a podcast (not my intent), just passing along the info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He's on the radio. I downloaded an application called Wisconsin On Demmand and I have free access to several radio shows that include Wilde and Tausch as well as Steve the Homer True. Bulaga comes on once a week. Let me figure out the exact day
    Hey thanks, Mr BMan.

I downloaded that baby. Give us another heads up so I can listen to Whale's comments.

I love Tausch so it's already cool.