Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The look on his face implies it was his masturbating hand.
    I bet you can’t dribble left when playing basketball. Me, I am a lot like Pistol Pete in that I am ambidextrous. And I’ve gotten quite proficient using both hands. It’s hard to score when one’s making $15/hr.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

The injuries are crazy now.

It might help to have Jones back now, and maybe even more importantly, have Alexander back playing corner. Even if Stokes plays, he's going to be rusty as an old Model T.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packers will face another team this week that likes to blitz. TB has 38 sacks, but nobody with more than 5.5. 13 different guys have a sack. Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. has 4.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Injury report will matter a lot going into this game. Not feeling very confident after the Giants game, but might be my own recency bias.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Kenyan Drake for 80 yards and a touch?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers will face another team this week that likes to blitz. TB has 38 sacks, but nobody with more than 5.5. 13 different guys have a sack. Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. has 4.
    Run early, run past blitzer for chunks. Thats how you beat it. Get a lead and neutralize the aggression. We didn't against the Gints. We allowed them to control the ball and the clock by getting gashed for positive yardage in early downs. Football isn't rocket science. Amazingly we understand the concept on offense, but then pretend its the opposite for other teams offenses.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I'm a closet KD fan. Love his game. Its a crime this guy wasn't on a roster, but it has more to do with veteran compensation rules than his ability on the field.

I'm a closet KD fan. Love his game. Its a crime this guy wasn't on a roster, but it has more to do with veteran compensation rules than his ability on the field.
    Your lack of cap understanding is showing again.

Drake is willing to sign a practice squad contract, so he would be stupid not to accept the minimum salary for someone with his experience to be a part of a 53. Under the Veteran Salary Benefit (VSB) of the current CBA, any battle-scarred vet can sign a 1 year deal for the minimum and only count against the cap at the cap-level of a player with only 2 years of experience.

Signing Drake to the 53 would cost the Packers less than $1M (VSB - Proration). But since the Packers are in a dreaded cap hell, they can’t afford Drake (/s).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    All in on play.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Vita Vea likely out for them is a pretty big deal.

I'm going to guess that Jones will play in a limited role and be a non-factor; Alexander won't play again, and Savage will also play in a limited fashion and then leave the game.

They seem to have injuries that linger and linger and linger and linger.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Your lack of cap understanding is showing again.

Drake is willing to sign a practice squad contract, so he would be stupid not to accept the minimum salary for someone with his experience to be a part of a 53. Under the Veteran Salary Benefit (VSB) of the current CBA, any battle-scarred vet can sign a 1 year deal for the minimum and only count against the cap at the cap-level of a player with only 2 years of experience.

Signing Drake to the 53 would cost the Packers less than $1M (VSB - Proration). But since the Packers are in a dreaded cap hell, they can’t afford Drake (/s).
    Drake is a 7 year guy so his salary base is 1.65M. If he had been rostered on day 1 it would have been guaranteed. Personally I believe he would have been worth it, but GMs would rather go with Patrick Taylor on and off the squad. A rookie by comparison has a 750k minimum not guaranteed.

If he had been rostered on day 1 it would have been guaranteed.
    I think this is the important part. Given how tight they were against the cap this year, guaranteeing any more money to the RB room would have been an extravagance, especially for a RB3. I think back in August most people would have been ok giving that money to Marcedes Lewis instead.
    Kenyan Drake has been a decent player and seems like he could be a sneaky good pickup if he has anything left in the tank. It's a better get than James Robinson IMO, poor dude's career is shot like his Achilles.

TBs injuries are about as bad as GB's. Agree no Vita Vea and Carlton Davis changes things a bit.

Unless the injury is really really minor, I'm not sure how you play Dillon. If he's in the game, it's a run play. How do you catch a pass with a broken thumb? He'd be a pretty worthless decoy on a pass play. If they can get 20-25 snaps from Jones that would be big. Patrick Taylor and Kenyan Drake might be able to get it done, but that's a tough ask. Looks like Reed will be ok, and if Wicks can play a few snaps that helps. I thought he was out for several weeks given his injury, maybe not. After having a bad gameplan vs. the Giants (LET'S SEE IF JET SWEEP #8 WILL FOOL THEM) MLF will need to do better, and Jordan Love will have to play much much better.

⚡️ T.C.B. ⚡️

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Vita Vea likely out for them is a pretty big deal.
    According to Aaron Nagler, Vea has been upgraded to questionable.

Drake is a 7 year guy so his salary base is 1.65M. If he had been rostered on day 1 it would have been guaranteed. Personally I believe he would have been worth it, but GMs would rather go with Patrick Taylor on and off the squad. A rookie by comparison has a 750k minimum not guaranteed.
    Veteran Salary Benefit would’ve lowered Drake’s cap hit to something at or between 940k - 1.092M, depending on the signing bonus. For a team - drowning in a cap hell and all that shit - that just handed Gary Lightbody a 34.6M bonus, 1.65M is chump change.

Yeah, the Packers are in a cap hell, so they just couldn’t afford to take a max hit of 1.092M to sign Drake in the offseason.

APB, I thought you were similar to me - figuring that the cap can always be dealt with/managed/manipulated/whatever.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    APB, I thought you were similar to me - figuring that the cap can always be dealt with/managed/manipulated/whatever.
    “APB, I thought you were like me - small dick size can always be dealt with/manipulated/whatever.”

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Your sense of sarcasm ain’t too good, Tex.

Too many uncool Pack fans are barking about cap hell when they ain’t got a clue about the dynamics of that pig-enrichment thing called the NFL salary cap. Maybe they oughta heed the burger flipper who has passed the Wisconsin CPAs.