Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Love - no worse than Rodgers in 2022

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I can’t hate on him. “Pepe” came out the regular season smelling like roses.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

^Hahahahahaha.

This kid can really throw it. I mean look at this, god damn.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/s...10658386645003

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

That's the sort of throw they tell young QB's to never do, unless your name is Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers... or Jordan Love.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You’re late to the party, I was kinda late too. Welcome to the Love train baby.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

If by 'throw' you mean casually flicking the empty soda can into the wastebasket, then yes.

Christ, he makes shit look easy.

Packers win means no Jets at Packers game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers win means no Jets at Packers game next year.
    Not even if they buy a ticket?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I still have questions about his deep ball accuracy but no significant questions about his short game. He does seem to throw behind guys more often than I'd like. I think this lack of accuracy may be off-set by his willingness to sling it. He is a weird mashup of Brett and Aaron where he'll throw it up anywhere but somehow doesn't actually throw interceptions.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 01-08-2024 at 11:12 AM.

I still have questions about his deep ball accuracy but significant questions about his short game. He does seem to throw behind guys more often than I'd like. I think this lack of accuracy may be off-set by his willingness to sling it. He is a weird mashup of Brett and Aaron where he'll throw it up anywhere but somehow doesn't actually throw interceptions.
    They've basically stopped throwing the deep sideline passes that he was missing so badly on. Some of that may be due to not having Watson. He's still a work in progress, but he's making throws Rodgers wouldn't even attempt early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    That's the sort of throw they tell young QB's to never do, unless your name is Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers... or Jordan Love.
    Yeah, late, across your body and over the middle is a bad combination, especially if you don't throw it where only your guy can catch it.
    Love has outplayed the 2008 and 2022 versions of Rodgers. Looks like we're all going to see how his career unfolds. I expect they'll be announcing an extension in May.

He does have a list of things to work on -- his footwork being one. MLF did adjust plays to his strengths (as he should) but smart teams will watch film and find ways to better defend and take away the throws he does best.
    I think if he works on his fundamentals his accuracy will improve everywhere on the field. Assuming there is continued improvement and development at the skill positions, that will help him out too.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He does have a list of things to work on -- his footwork being one. MLF did adjust plays to his strengths (as he should) but smart teams will watch film and find ways to better defend and take away the throws he does best.
    I think if he works on his fundamentals his accuracy will improve everywhere on the field. Assuming there is continued improvement and development at the skill positions, that will help him out too.
    Everyone can polish fundamentals. Until the retire. They’ll never stop doing that.

But Love is very accurate falling away and it’s far better for him to fall a way more often than to stand in there too often and get killed. That is way overblown to me.

Occasionally he doest have his feet turned in the right direction and I see him miss 90% of those. But those are rare in the second half of the season. Maybe one every two games lately.

The primary criticism people lay on his fundamentals is the fall away, and I insist it’s an asset.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Everyone can polish fundamentals. Until the retire. They’ll never stop doing that.

But Love is very accurate falling away and it’s far better for him to fall a way more often than to stand in there too often and get killed. That is way overblown to me.

Occasionally he doest have his feet turned in the right direction and I see him miss 90% of those. But those are rare in the second half of the season. Maybe one every two games lately.

The primary criticism people lay on his fundamentals is the fall away, and I insist it’s an asset.
    I agree. Falling away actually increases accuracy. Think step back 3. Think of SS throwing off balance in MLB. However you lose a little steam doing it. Love has shown a master class ability to throw off platform. All the things Zack Wilson was supposed to do.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    FINAL 8 games for LOVE

18 TD's and 1 INT
    70.3 percent completion %
    112.4 passer rating
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Interesting comments by Mick Bosa. https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1747365285668217112

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well Bosa did make Rodgers his bitch so he should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    FINAL 8 games for LOVE

18 TD's and 1 INT
    70.3 percent completion %
    112.4 passer rating
    All of that, and Love just keeps on getting better.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?