Thread: Love - no worse than Rodgers in 2022

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I don’t think the eye”s lie despite what the stats may say. Karen showed flashes of really high upside early. I don’t see that with Love. I continue to feel he will be just fine. Solid but never spectacular
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don’t think the eye”s lie despite what the stats may say. Karen showed flashes of really high upside early. I don’t see that with Love. I continue to feel he will be just fine. Solid but never spectacular
    Funny, I'm just the opposite. Every week I see a throw or two that make me take notice. Throws that not every QB will even try, let alone complete. A couple of the TD throws to Reed, a couple to Watson, others in the middle of the field. A couple every week on the run after avoiding the rush, into tight, tight windows, etc.

I worry more about the "easy" ones he misses. Will that cause him to be too inconsistent? He has shown plenty of the unique abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Funny, I'm just the opposite. Every week I see a throw or two that make me take notice. Throws that not every QB will even try, let alone complete. A couple of the TD throws to Reed, a couple to Watson, others in the middle of the field. A couple every week on the run after avoiding the rush, into tight, tight windows, etc.

I worry more about the "easy" ones he misses. Will that cause him to be too inconsistent? He has shown plenty of the unique abilities.
    I agree. Sunday was a perfect example. An absolute dart to Reed for TD while rolling out. A no look pass to Wicks for a big gain. But also a miss to Reed that would have been a TD. Despite some inconsistencies, Love is on pace for about 4100 passing yards and 30 TD's. This while throwing to rookies and 2nd year guys and not much support from a running game. If he improves the inconsistencies, I think his potential upside is as high as any young QB in the NFL.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

He has happy feet. They got bad during that run where the OL was a sieve. During the offseason he has to work on setting his feet to throw. It should be an easy fix and then the short stuff won't sail as much.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.