Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I'll play devil's advocate for fun. Brady always played the short game and chewed clock. He audibled to run plays more than any good QB ever. He kept Hoody's Ds rested and on the sideline a lot.

The NBA uses stats like "per 100 possessions". The NFL is in the dark ages using "per game" stats to rank things. I want to see Love's points per possession at the end of the season. Yards per play. ect.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/gnb/2023.htm

Look under Team Stats and Rankings, it shows yards/play (5.4 so far), and also shows points per possession (1.97). These are Team stats but you could probably get Love's individual stats with some digging.

NE didn't have what I would call an explosive offense with Brady, the 18-1 year being the exception. His other years was a lot of option routes where he's dumping short/intermediate to Welker or Edelman, and he also had Gronk (and for a while Hernandez). James White, Danny Woodhead, Rex Burkhart, etc. would catch 5-8 passes too. He was a bit of a check down guy at times, but he stayed ahead of schedule and would dog walk down the field until they could grind it into the EZ or find a kill shot. Brady was a very very quick processer and accurate. That's what got him so far. Paired with Belichick's penchant for devising clever opponent-specific game plans (esp on D) they were consistently one of the better teams in the league. Having what was mostly a garbage division during all that time helped too.