4 26.67%
  • ILB

1 6.67%
  • S

1 6.67%
  • CB

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You could get a probowl player from the draft at any position except QB. What position 1st

You could get a probowl player from the draft at any position except QB. What position 1st

I phrased it that way because I don’t want people to consider who might be there or who’s most likely or anything like that. Just what position would you want to fill if you could fill one this year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Tackle. Then DE.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Franchise LT for 10 years.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The only thing better than having a great quarterback is having a guy who hits great quarterbacks. Go edge.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The only thing better than a guy who gets QBs from the edge is a guy who does it from the middle. DT.

And there are 20+ legit edges in the league and less than 10 DTs. Hardest to find position in football and most impactful.

I assume you meant this particular Packer team. I would say Safety. A Pro Bowl safety would improve this defense more than any other position. Plus, Packer Super Bowl teams have had Willie Wood, Leroy Butler and Nick Collins at Safety.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I could see safety too. We desperately need a safety and there is so much area to cover in the middle of the field. They don’t get drafted high, they don’t get paid a lot. But I think they make such a huge difference and as bad as we are at safety, that would make a huge difference for us.

I can see cases for a lot of positions.

I say DT because they’re soooooo rare. You can find other positions, but there just aren’t many good DTs. You stack that spot and have a rotation…. You can find the other positions easier.

Long snapper.

DL - those guys are rare. Imagine adding a Myles Garrett, Aaron Donald, or JJ Watt (hell, even a Cam Heyward) to your roster on a rookie salary. Paired with Kenny and then Rashan, you give offenses a lot of trouble.

Next up would be LT, you have a good one and you're set for years. A pro bowl LT (with good health) will give you a decade of worry free pass-pro. That's worth a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I say DT because they’re soooooo rare. You can find other positions, but there just aren’t many good DTs. You stack that spot and have a rotation…. You can find the other positions easier.
    That's my thinking, too, but I think Joe's point about a safety is also good. Imagine someone who could cover ground like Nick Collins could. Wow.

But still, a Pro Bowl DT is about as disruptive to an offense as it gets. Maxx Crosby, though I think he's more a DE-type, single-handedly wrecked the Packers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You could argue if you think it's hard to get good DL, relative to other positions, you just have the wrong expectations for a good DL.

I'll take me a solid pass rush and a good edge set against the run over what other positions provide. Edge for me, but OT is a pretty close second.

Blog Entries
    GREAT POLL IDEA RG !!!!!!

I'll go with a Pro Bowl Edge to go along with Rashan Gary
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I assume you meant this particular Packer team. I would say Safety. A Pro Bowl safety would improve this defense more than any other position. Plus, Packer Super Bowl teams have had Willie Wood, Leroy Butler and Nick Collins at Safety.
    This.
    Greatest teams are built from the middle.
    To be more specific, Free Safety.
    Although I’m so old I don’t even know if it’s a thing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    To be fair though, they also had Willie Davis, Reggie White, and peak form Clay Matthews.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Shutdown corner.

The poetic edge rusher and champion D-Yokozuna can be neutralized somewhat with double team blocks. The hip hop safety can be fooled. The shutdown corner’s island is often impregnable.

Look at the Packers without J-Alex. Even with poetic edge rusher Gary Lightbody and everyone’s favorite champion Yokozuna, Cletidus Clark, the defense made DeVito look like Steve Young and Mayfield look like Bert Favor.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I went tackle, but seriously think about dt, s and cb as well.

If the poll was all pro I would definitely go dt.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

I put Edge Rusher because as a general case most teams most of the time, that's the biggest difference maker. This year for the Packers, though, it's becoming increasingly apparent that we need a quality ILB.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I'm sick of this regime throwing pick after pick after first round pick at the D and not getting any results regardless of who the coordinator is. And now, with the NFL focus on offense, I'm starting to stack that side of the ball. Of course, this would depend who's all available and the different positions, but I would love an elite tackle to shore up the OL.

Left Tackle, without question.