4 26.67%
  • ILB

1 6.67%
  • S

1 6.67%
  • CB

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You could get a probowl player from the draft at any position except QB. What position 1st

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I put Edge Rusher because as a general case most teams most of the time, that's the biggest difference maker. This year for the Packers, though, it's becoming increasingly apparent that we need a quality ILB.
    You don’t think it’s weird that you value the guy rushing the passer, but not the guy stopping the other teams star pass rusher? If one is important, doesn’t the other have to be?
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I'm sick of this regime throwing pick after pick after first round pick at the D and not getting any results regardless of who the coordinator is. And now, with the NFL focus on offense, I'm starting to stack that side of the ball. Of course, this would depend who's all available and the different positions, but I would love an elite tackle to shore up the OL.
    I get that, but the question wasn't what you want the organization to spend a high pick on, it was what do you want if you were guaranteed a pro bowl level player. I would agree with you if not for that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I'm sick of this regime throwing pick after pick after first round pick at the D and not getting any results regardless of who the coordinator is. And now, with the NFL focus on offense, I'm starting to stack that side of the ball. Of course, this would depend who's all available and the different positions, but I would love an elite tackle to shore up the OL.
    Actually the Packer OT's, despite being unheralded Day 3 picks, have graded out pretty well. The weak spots on the offensive line have been at Center and Right Guard.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    You don’t think it’s weird that you value the guy rushing the passer, but not the guy stopping the other teams star pass rusher? If one is important, doesn’t the other have to be?
    The reason I don't think that is weird is 1. defense > offense in importance in general, and 2. I've seen decades of IMO piss poor O Line play, OTs especially, and Favre, Rodgers, and now Love survive and thrive the great majority of the time anyway. You of all people (your namesake), I would think would want a perceived star player like him, or Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor or whoever else would be considered the GOAT pass rushers over Bakhtiari or whoever else were considered great OTs. And that's not even addressing the fact that you're likely to get a Mandarich way too big a percentage of the time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I say DT because they’re soooooo rare. You can find other positions, but there just aren’t many good DTs. You stack that spot and have a rotation…. You can find the other positions easier.
    I'll grant you that when an elite Big man (meaning down lineman) is available they go 1st after elite QBs. A true 3/4 DE is an interior DL, so I grade them similar to DT. Edge is different. But I can't argue with you that pressure up the middle is super disruptive. Its why Clark is much better when we have a lead.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The reason I don't think that is weird is 1. defense > offense in importance in general, and 2. I've seen decades of IMO piss poor O Line play, OTs especially, and Favre, Rodgers, and now Love survive and thrive the great majority of the time anyway.
    I don't know what games you are watching, but if it's Packer games you couldn't be more wrong on both points.

I knew you and probably others in here - sacred cow worshipers, etc. would disagree hahahaha. What people can suddenly see with Love being rushed so bad, that happened all through the Rodgers years, yet we had all those 13-4 and 14-3 seasons because Rodgers escaped the rush, just as Love does most of the time now. Deny it if ya'all like, but it's pretty damn obvious. And the other, most people consider as a general case, defense to be more important - "defense wins games". Yeah, the Packers to a great extent are an exception to that, but with most teams most of the time, it ain't that way.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?