Thread: I'm calling it now (again). The 3rd round curse is over

I'm calling it now (again). The 3rd round curse is over

Somewhere (I think in his draft thread) I said that Kraft would end the 3rd round curse. It started shaky, but I feel pretty good about that coming to fruition at this point.

I also said the future of this offense would run through the TE room. Not sure I was right on that one give how good all the young WR look right now (I can live with being wrong for that reason).

What do you guys think about Kraft? 10 year pro? I am having nice dreams of 2 TE sets where defenses have no clue what we are going to do. Musgrave over the middle? Kraft release screen? Power run? Watson for 50 because they clamped down on all those options?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Speaking of TE's, let's say we pick around 11th, where we're currently at, and assume the top 2 LT's and MHJ are off the board, would you take Brock Bowers at 11'ish?

They will trade down if there is not a tackle, edge or CB available.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Somewhere (I think in his draft thread) I said that Kraft would end the 3rd round curse. It started shaky, but I feel pretty good about that coming to fruition at this point.

I also said the future of this offense would run through the TE room. Not sure I was right on that one give how good all the young WR look right now (I can live with being wrong for that reason).

What do you guys think about Kraft? 10 year pro? I am having nice dreams of 2 TE sets where defenses have no clue what we are going to do. Musgrave over the middle? Kraft release screen? Power run? Watson for 50 because they clamped down on all those options?
    I hope you're right because Packers have 2 3rd round picks in 2024. And who knows? Sean Rhyan may be a part of burying the jinx too. Am I being too greedy here? But Kraft has been great. I like everything about him including his garage. (Well, except for the Budweiser sign. Gotta get him a Leinie's sign).

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So you shot a bunch of bullets in a barrel and now youre bragging about hitting a big fish?

Blog Entries
    Went to the Bengals Pack pre-season game. Sat right behind the Packers bench. Musgrave was really impressive, big, fast, jacked up. Kraft looked like a skinny kid. Now Kraft has shown himself to be a strong player, I hope the Flower can them both, giving us a competitive advantage.

Too bad we lost Luke to a freak injury .

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    So you shot a bunch of bullets in a barrel and now youre bragging about hitting a big fish?
    Yep!! Although I don't recall liking a single 3rd round pick we have made recently. I think I said Tom was better than Rhyan the day after the draft. I know I hated DeGuera from the start. I own my failures. No problem there. I follow the skinbasket model for admitting when I'm wrong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    To end the curse, we need to wash out hands of all these shitbag 3rd round draft picks on our roster and let things start fresh from last year.

Josiah Deguara....good bye.............who else is left ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    To end the curse, we need to wash out hands of all these shitbag 3rd round draft picks on our roster and let things start fresh from last year.

Josiah Deguara....good bye.............who else is left ???
    Just Sean Rhyan, who might be a starter next year. Everybody else had already been discarded.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen