16 Mon 2023-12-25 12:00PM Las Vegas Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

16 Mon 2023-12-25 3:30PM New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles

16 Mon 2023-12-25 7:15PM Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
    Thursday Night: New Orleans @ LA Rams (Amazon)
    Saturday 4:30 PM ET: Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (NBC; Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge)
    Saturday 8 PM ET: Buffalo @ LA Chargers (Peacock; Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth)
    Christmas Eve (Sunday) 8 PM ET: New England @ Denver (NFLN; Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner)
    Christmas (Monday) 1 PM ET: Las Vegas @ Kansas City (CBS; Jim Nantz, Tony Romo)
    Christmas (Monday) 4:30 PM ET: NY Giants @ Philadelphia (FOX; Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston)
    Christmas (Monday) Night: Baltimore @ San Francisco (ABC)

CBS Single - Much of the country will get Cleveland at Houston. Ian Eagle and Charles Davis with the call. Most of Wisconsin and much of Minnesota will get Jacksonville at Tampa Bay late. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green with the call. West coast including Alaska will get Seattle at Tennessee. Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber and Matt Ryan with the call.

Fox Late - Most of the country, including Alaska will get Dallas at Miami. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Madison area and much of Illinois will get Arizona at Chicago. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call.

Rams lead the Saints 17-7 early in the 3rd quarter. Packers probably want Rams to win because they want Falcons to win NFCW. That's because if Packers tie with Falcons for wildcard spot, Falcons have head to head tiebreaker over Packers. Packers have head to head over Saints and Rams.

Packers were lucky to play the Rams when they didn't have Stafford or Kyren Williams
    Last edited by Joemailman; 12-21-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    2023 NFC North champs, Detroit Pussies.

Seafucks came back to win their game.

To paraphrase Ray Rhodes, if you need help getting into the dance, you ain’t deserve to be in the dance.

Cowfucks ahead by 1 at the moment. Fox keeps showing McCarthy and the dumb look on his face.

Blog Entries
    Bears win
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I am HAPPY for the DETROIT LIONS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am HAPPY for the DETROIT LIONS
    Ugh.

But it’s good for the Packers that the Vikings lost.

Mullens can be had. Picks. If, uh, you have any kind of defense.

Therefore we can conclude Mullen’s going to be lights-out next week.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ugh.

But it’s good for the Packers that the Vikings lost.

Mullens can be had. Picks. If, uh, you have any kind of defense.

Therefore we can conclude Mullen’s going to be lights-out next week.

Honestly this season is very stress free for me; I have so many other things going on I find myself caring less. Either we slip into the playoffs and get bounced in round one, or we don't make the playoffs. After last year I was positive Joe Barry was getting fired. At this point I at least think Joe Barry is not coming back, and not by choice. But I'm really no "more" confident than I was last year

That is undoubtedly the number one wish for rest of the season. The rest really does not matter

I would have been happy if the only thing that happened was Love panning out and we lost most of the games. But that’s not all that happened. Not even close.

Love panned out
    Rasheed Walker panned out at LT
    Zach Tom took a second year leap at RT

QB and both tackles are nice positions to have filled.

But that’s not all that happened, not even close.

Tucker Kraft looks like a beast
    Musgrave flashed the kind of speed that most defenses don’t have an answer for from the TE position
    Dontavion Wicks looks legit
    Jayden Reed look legit

So many things are lining up for the offense. The future is so bright!!

Karl Brooks is a really nice add on the DL. Valentine looks like a dude too. There is a lot of work to do on defense, but with Gary, Clark, Jaire and a couple likely ascending players, the cupboard isn’t completely bare. The cap is starting to clean up. We have a ton of draft capital and we should have a new coach. A lot of progress can be made in the offseason.

As good as Love has played, there have been several moments and situations where he wasn’t quite 3 steps ahead like you want your QB to be. Failed 2 minutes, timeouts because of chaos, some bad decisions, etc… but damn he has a high starting point and odds are he’ll be better a year from now.

The Packers, one year after moving on from Rodgers, are poised to be a perennial contender for the foreseeable future. Just have to add a little to the defense and we’re about to roll.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Mahomes not getting it done for the Chiefs again.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I would have been happy if the only thing that happened was Love panning out and we lost most of the games. But that’s not all that happened. Not even close.

Love panned out
    Rasheed Walker panned out at LT
    Zach Tom took a second year leap at RT

QB and both tackles are nice positions to have filled.

But that’s not all that happened, not even close.

Tucker Kraft looks like a beast
    Musgrave flashed the kind of speed that most defenses don’t have an answer for from the TE position
    Dontavion Wicks looks legit
    Jayden Reed look legit

So many things are lining up for the offense. The future is so bright!!

Karl Brooks is a really nice add on the DL. Valentine looks like a dude too. There is a lot of work to do on defense, but with Gary, Clark, Jaire and a couple likely ascending players, the cupboard isn’t completely bare. The cap is starting to clean up. We have a ton of draft capital and we should have a new coach. A lot of progress can be made in the offseason.

As good as Love has played, there have been several moments and situations where he wasn’t quite 3 steps ahead like you want your QB to be. Failed 2 minutes, timeouts because of chaos, some bad decisions, etc… but damn he has a high starting point and odds are he’ll be better a year from now.

The Packers, one year after moving on from Rodgers, are poised to be a perennial contender for the foreseeable future. Just have to add a little to the defense and we’re about to roll.
    +1. Lots to like about this team and moving forward.

Lamar Jackson looking awesome tonight .

Blog Entries
    Brock Purdey exposed as the dwarf little bitch that he is.

4 picks ain't what Shanny wants to see from his QB

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lamar Jackson looking awesome tonight .
    Watching the game. So THESE are what professional defenses look like.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brock Purdey exposed as the dwarf little bitch that he is.

4 picks ain't what Shanny wants to see from his QB
    Everyone has bad days at the office. Ask Darren Charles about the day I shut him down. It was glorious, but it didn’t prevent Charles from getting a free ride to Tex/Fosco/Bretsky/TH/Cumby/Sud’s alma mater.

Sometimes arm strength is overrated. Sure, it would be nice to have a Bert Favor, a P-Ma or a Butte quarterbacking your team. But rock throwers like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George, they have rocket arms but puny brains and little accuracy. Give me smart, accurate noodle-arms like Purdy, Kurt Warner and Tua over Leaf and George on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Didn't Leaf have some sort of arm problem that caused him to throw it into the ground a lot?

In general, I'd rather have a strong armed QB. Accuracy can be taught or improved with coaching. Arm strength is kinda like a 7 foot Center in basketball - you either have it or you don't.

If I was a Niner fan, I'd constantly be looking for an upgrade from Purdy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Everyone has bad days at the office. Ask Darren Charles about the day I shut him down. It was glorious, but it didn’t prevent Charles from getting a free ride to Tex/Fosco/Bretsky/TH/Cumby/Sud’s alma mater.

Sometimes arm strength is overrated. Sure, it would be nice to have a Bert Favor, a P-Ma or a Butte quarterbacking your team. But rock throwers like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George, they have rocket arms but puny brains and little accuracy. Give me smart, accurate noodle-arms like Purdy, Kurt Warner and Tua over Leaf and George on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday.
    I’m with Tex. After last night your Purdy crush may die down. Niners met a buzzsaw and Purdy handed off the MVP talk to Lamar. With his 4 picks. Not to mention they punked him out of the game in his own stadium. Darnold injected some life for a few minutes and there was still hope. But coaches decided to throw in the towel even though announcers said he could come back in. The NFC has to wonder what a game like last night does to mighty 49ers phyche.

That was an old school ass-kicking.

I've not always been a Lamar fan, but I've seen a lot of him this season. If he doesn't get MVP, something ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I’m with Tex. After last night your Purdy crush may die down. Niners met a buzzsaw and Purdy handed off the MVP talk to Lamar. With his 4 picks. Not to mention they punked him out of the game in his own stadium. Darnold injected some life for a few minutes and there was still hope. But coaches decided to throw in the towel even though announcers said he could come back in. The NFC has to wonder what a game like last night does to mighty 49ers phyche.
    I ain’t got no crush on Purdy, hombre. Just saying, until it starts becoming a pattern, Purdy pretty much just had a bad day at the office. From the looks of it, he good enough for the 69ers system and their personal.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.