Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 16 Other Games Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Didn't Leaf have some sort of arm problem that caused him to throw it into the ground a lot?

In general, I'd rather have a strong armed QB. Accuracy can be taught or improved with coaching. Arm strength is kinda like a 7 foot Center in basketball - you either have it or you don't.

If I was a Niner fan, I'd constantly be looking for an upgrade from Purdy.
    Some so-called NFL scouts considered Leaf a better prospect than Manning cos Leaf had the better arm. Manning had average arm strength and below average athleticism, but he turned out all right due to high football IQ and excellent accuracy. Leaf was a pompous asshole and an inaccurate dumbass.

I, too, love rocket arms. Just saying, rocket arm means shit if you ain’t got the smarts and accuracy.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I don't disagree. Leaf may have had a rotten attitude - I don't recall one way or the other, but I kinda recall that arm defect or whatever that he had that caused him to throw it into the ground a lot, or am I thinking of somebody else?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Some so-called NFL scouts considered Leaf a better prospect than Manning cos Leaf had the better arm. Manning had average arm strength and below average athleticism, but he turned out all right due to high football IQ and excellent accuracy. Leaf was a pompous asshole and an inaccurate dumbass.

I, too, love rocket arms. Just saying, rocket arm means shit if you ain’t got the smarts and accuracy.
    I don't disagree entirely. "arm talent" includes accuracy as well though. Jeff George had the best arm talent I ever saw, coupled with a 5 cent brain.

But no matter how smart you are, you need "enough" arm talent. Guys like Chad Pennington and Matt Flynn (post elbow issue) just had noodle arms to go with great brains. You need both to excel.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.