Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Pussies of Charlotte

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

More Banjo: Pussies of Charlotte

Packers D made Bryce Young look like Steve Young.

Bo Milton for Dog Fucker Award.

Apparently, J-Alex wasn’t a captain for the game. Joined the coin toss anyway, cos, he hails from Charlotte. Won the toss and opted for “defense,” not “defer.” Refs gave Pack a mulligan, much to the disgust of Adam Thielen, and allowed Pack to defer.

33 saw daylight but not endzone.

In the lay man’s terms - unless I am incorrect - Pack make dance by winning out and Sheep-fucks or Sea-fucks lose once. “If you need help getting into the dance, you ain’t deserve to be in the dance.” - Ray Rhodes.

Discuss.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Didn't see much, but I guess Packers were saved by the clock.

Kraft is da man right now.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Didn't see much, but I guess Packers were saved by the clock.

Kraft is da man right now.
    The Redneck TE caught a bullet between two defenders to set up Carlson’s final FG. Great concentration.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Yea, playoffs or not, by waiting til the season is over before jettisoning Barry, we assure we are not making noise if we get there.

Seriously MiLF....fire him tomorrow. A gift to the loyal fans.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I will add this though. No Watson, Reed, or Musgrave. Throwing to guys picked in the 3rd round or later. Wicks goes down and misses 2nd half. Seriously, Love is throwing to Bo fucking Melton. If this is an illusion instead of a breakout, David Copperfield would be proud.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The Redneck TE caught a bullet between two defenders to set up Carlson’s final FG. Great concentration.
    Do they have Rednecks in South Dakota?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I will add this though. No Watson, Reed, or Musgrave. Throwing to guys picked in the 3rd round or later. Wicks goes down and misses 2nd half. Seriously, Love is throwing to Bo fucking Melton. If this is an illusion instead of a breakout, David Copperfield would be proud.
    How cool, calm, and collected was Jordan Love today playing with the 3rd, 5th, and 6th WR. I think we might have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Do they have Rednecks in South Dakota?
    Rednecks are everywhere

They’re like a disease as contagious as polio or syphilis

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    How cool, calm, and collected was Jordan Love today playing with the 3rd, 5th, and 6th WR. I think we might have a good one.
    I was thinking about it in the car today before the game. He’s not as accurate or as risk adverse as #12 is

He does have a big arm that is a little wild and is willing to take some chances, and occasionally throws a head scratcher that drives you nuts

Like #4

Be nice to end up with something in the middle

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    O has 9 full drives and scored on 6.

D faced 10 drives. Forced 3 punts and one out on downs. Without the clock running out we would have gone to OT.

Car scored 4 TDs. Car hadn’t scored an offensive TD for 25 possessions or 9 quarters before today.

Barely needs to be fired tomorrow. MiLF has to let the organization know that mediocrity will not be tolerated.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Mediocrity?

You’re being generous.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

We were out scored in the 2nd half 20-10 against a team we all knew were pretty much the worst team in the NFL. How many times during the game did you think we should be blowing this team out but instead we’re just letting them hang around.
    Our defense is now the laughing stock of the NFL. How we beat the Vikings and then the Bears is beyond me.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mediocrity?

You’re being generous.
    It is Christmas Eve.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Not a very satisfying day, but it beats losing (unless you're one of those poor misguided fools wishing for a tank of the season).

Love is the real deal. All of the receivers did good, or you could say Love made them good. Aaron Jones still has it. Jaire was just ok at best. Stokes looked pretty decent/but not quite great.

All the bad said in here about Joe Barry is true and then some. It was abundantly clear that the D problems were a lot more on Barry than on the players. One good thing Barry did was blitz with the ILBs, at least early - I've been hoping for that. Perhaps the worst of all the bad things about Barry, though, is that when a team adjusts to what he is doing, he can't seem to counter-adjust.

I was not too thrilled with the playcalling of LaFleur also.

One guy I never heard or read mentioned among the injuries in the broadcast or in here was Rudy Ford - IMO they really missed him. 36 Johnson hits hard but had a bad game in coverage. Owens had a good game. McDuffie seemed fairly decent. Preston Smith looked better than he has all season.

Basically, they played a bad game but still managed to win - mostly because they were a bad team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quay is clueless in coverage.
    We don’t have one safety, let alone two
    We don’t have a nickle who can cover

The middle of our defense gets shredded in the pass game.

Barry has to go. We have a decent pass rush and serviceable front overall. There’s no reason to be the worst defense in football. He has some less than ideal parts, but not so bad that he shouldn’t be able to produce a top 20 defense.

The offense has a chance to be elite next year. If Jones stays, imma drop 100 on Love for MVP. Maybe not likely, but the odds are going to be so good, that I like my chances of a big pay day.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

A win is a win, so yeah!

But good gracious, this defense just can't get it together. Seemed every Panther drive, the Packer defense looked great on 1st and 2nd down, then clueless on 3rd down. Granted, it wasn't every 3rd down, but geez, way too many times I saw the Panthers convert on 3rd down. 3rd and long, 3rd and short, it didn't matter.

....and the middle of the field was open for the Panthers ALL GOD DAMN DAY!
    Last edited by pittstang5; 12-25-2023 at 07:08 AM.

I do think that game sealed Joe Barely’s fate. You blow a two-touchdown fourth-quarter lead against one of the worst offenses in the NFL, then let the other team fly down the field with 19 seconds and no timeouts to come within a second of allowing a game-tying FG, you just can’t bring that sour taste in your mouth back next year.

And at this point, does anyone think this defense is suddenly going to shape up these last two weeks?

I don’t think so.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It’s clear quay is a pure athlete - but I don’t see him as a communicator/leader. We need a leader at LB and Safety for calls (the qb of the defense).

I’m officially done w/ Jaire. Dudes a headcase.

We need smart (or at least football smart) and athletic people out there.
    Last edited by Fosco33; 12-25-2023 at 09:13 AM.

so lafleur somehow is blaming the offense for the defense almost giving the game away

https://lombardiave.com/posts/matt-l...barry-panthers

time for lafleur to go

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so lafleur somehow is blaming the offense for the defense almost giving the game away

https://lombardiave.com/posts/matt-l...barry-panthers

time for lafleur to go

Can we just say it together

MATT LAFLEUR DOES NOT WANT TO FIRE HIS FRIEND JOE BARRY
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?