Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 2 Weeks To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 2 Weeks To Go

Division Winners

1. San Francisco 49ers 11-4 Better conference winning pct. than Philadelphia and Detroit
    2. Philadelphia Eagles 11-4 Better strength of victory than Detroit
    3. Detroit Lions 11-4
    4. Tampa Bay Bucs 8-7
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Wild Cards

5. Dallas Cowboys 10-5
    6. Los Angeles Rams 8-7 Head to head tie-breaker over Seattle
    7. Seattle Seahawks 8-7
    _________________________________________________ __________________________

Outside Looking In

8. Minnesota Vikings 7-8 Head to head tie-breaker over Atlanta and Green Bay
    9. Atlanta Falcons 7-8 Head go head tie-breaker over Green Bay and New Orleans
    10. Green Bay Packers 7-8 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
    11. New Orleans Saints 7-8
    12. Chicago Bears 6-9
    13. New York Giants 5-10
    14. Washington Comm. 4-11
    15. Arizona Cardinals 3-12
    16. Carolina Panthers 2-13
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Philadelphia retakes #2 seed from Dallas
    49ers have clinched NFCW. Lions have clinched NFCN
    Eagles and Cowboys have cliched a playoff spot
    Giants, Commanders, Cardinals and Panthers have been eliminated from the playoffs.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Key Week 17 Games

Detroit at Dallas
    Atlanta at Chicago
    Los Angeles Rams at New York Giants
    Arizona at Philadelphia
    New Orleans at Tampa Bay
    San Francisco at Washington
    Pittsburgh at Seattle
    Green Bay at Minnesota
    Last edited by Joemailman; 12-25-2023 at 11:31 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We have to first hope to gosh the Packers can beat the Vikes - what, 35-34? - and then root for the Bears to beat the Falcons, and for the Rams and Seahags to lose.

It would be great to have the Packers playing for a playoff spot on the last weekend of the season. Good experience.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Assuming we win the last two (if we don't, it's irrelevant anyway), We only need the Niners to beat the Rams to slide ahead of the Rams. Seattle, though, would be tougher. They have two easy opponents, so they also should win those. That would give them the same conference record as the Packers. And a quick glance makes it strongly seem like they have a stronger strength of schedule. So we would need Atlanta to lose to either the Bears or the Saints. Looks like we're gonna be rooting for those damned Bears again hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Assuming we win the last two (if we don't, it's irrelevant anyway), We only need the Niners to beat the Rams to slide ahead of the Rams. Seattle, though, would be tougher. They have two easy opponents, so they also should win those. That would give them the same conference record as the Packers. And a quick glance makes it strongly seem like they have a stronger strength of schedule. So we would need Atlanta to lose to either the Bears or the Saints. Looks like we're gonna be rooting for those damned Bears again hahahaha.
    If the Packers win out, a Dirty Bird loss is unnecessary unless BOTH the Seafucks and Sheepfucks finish 0-2. In other words, win out and hope for a Sheepfuck or Seafuck loss.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean. Did you mean to say "if" instead of "unless"? In the scenario you describe, BOTH Green Bay and Atlanta get in. However, that ain't likely since Seattle plays Pittsburgh and Arizona, and they almost certainly would beat one or both. And the Rams play the Giants and likely aren't gonna lose to them either. I don't see a way in unless Atlanta loses to either the Bears or Saints.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what you mean. Did you mean to say "if" instead of "unless"? In the scenario you describe, BOTH Green Bay and Atlanta get in. However, that ain't likely since Seattle plays Pittsburgh and Arizona, and they almost certainly would beat one or both. And the Rams play the Giants and likely aren't gonna lose to them either. I don't see a way in unless Atlanta loses to either the Bears or Saints.
    My bad. I think GB will miss playoffs finishing 2-0 if ATL finishes 2-0 AND, say, SEA finishes 2-0 and LA 0-2 (or vice versa).

Basically, b/c the Pack choked against ATL, they need to avoid the head to head tie breaker with ATL. GB needs at least a three teams clusterfuck of 9-8 to avoid the head ups with ATL, assuming both Packers ATL finish 2-0. Not sure about a 3+ 9-8 teams scenario involving TB.

As a Ray Rhodes once said, if you need help getting into the playoffs, you ain’t deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 12-26-2023 at 03:10 PM.

I think the Bears will beat the Falcons this week.

Rams - lose you fuckers.

Seahags - lose you fuckers.

Falcolns - lose you fuckers.

Vikings - lose you fuckers.

"How the Packers Can Get Toward the PostSeason in Four Bullet Points."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

How the Packers can get in the playoffs….

Who cares.

Just see improvement and good signs from the young guys and lose games that are from reasons we can easily fix next year. This is the time of year we get excited for the future with another possible HOF QB and we dream of draft picks.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It's pretty crazy. Two games left and Packers could finish anywhere from #6 seed in the playoffs to last place in the division and top ten draft pick.

With Love playing so well, it’s crazy how happy I am to lose and stock up for a run. When it was almost 40 year old Rodgers and I had no clue if we would have a chance anytime in the near future, I would cross my fingers and hope we’d get lucky and somehow win one even when it looked bleak.

Now I’m not worried. We’ll get a bunch of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    How the Packers can get in the playoffs….

Who cares.

Just see improvement and good signs from the young guys and lose games that are from reasons we can easily fix next year. This is the time of year we get excited for the future with another possible HOF QB and we dream of draft picks.
    It's the "reasons we can easily fix" part that bothers me. The Packers have not been able to fix that defense for about thirteen years, despite a plethora of first-round picks by two different GM's, and about four different defensive coordinators and two head coaches.

So there is no "easily fix" here, Rashan.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's the "reasons we can easily fix" part that bothers me. The Packers have not been able to fix that defense for about thirteen years, despite a plethora of first-round picks by two different GM's, and about four different defensive coordinators and two head coaches.

So there is no "easily fix" here, Rashan.
    They went 15 years without a 3rd round pick panning out too, and it seems like Kraft is a home run and Rhyan might be good too. This isn’t the type of pattern that necessarily repeats. There are such patterns, but I don’t think this is.

So many teams have to lose (although we control one of those losses at least). The path to the playoffs isn't great. I haven't looked at other teams schedules, but passing 3 teams out of 4 with only 2 games to go seems difficult at best. Factor in our suddenly off again defense and I just don't see it.

But as JH said, fuck it, just keep seeing Love improve and manage 30 points with 10 first contract starters and all his 2nd round pass catching talent on the sidelines. Thats the future.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So many teams have to lose (although we control one of those losses at least). The path to the playoffs isn't great. I haven't looked at other teams schedules, but passing 3 teams out of 4 with only 2 games to go seems difficult at best. Factor in our suddenly off again defense and I just don't see it.

But as JH said, fuck it, just keep seeing Love improve and manage 30 points with 10 first contract starters and all his 2nd round pass catching talent on the sidelines. Thats the future.
    There’s a tons of scenarios about this and that, but right now, at this very moment in space-time, the Packers have a 28% chance of making the playoffs. Ain’t great odds and the season will pretty much be doomed with a loss to the Queens. If the motherfuck happens and the Seafucks and Sheepfucks both win in week 17 and Pack lose to the Queens, Pack’s mathematically eliminated from the dance.

However, if Pack finish 2-0, they have a 95% chance of making the playoffs. Just need the Seafucks or Sheepfucks to drop a game in the final two weeks. Lumpensteelers are also fighting for a playoff spot, so there’s a 100% chance they ain’t gonna wave the white flag at Seattle this upcoming Sunday. 69ers likely will be fighting for the 1 seed in week 18, so that game ain’t gonna be a cakewalk for the Sheepfucks.

Then again, to paraphrase Ray Rhodes…