Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers at Vikings Discussion Thread

Packers at Vikings Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 65-58-3. 64-57-3 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs.

Last meeting: October 29, 2023. Vikings defeated the Packers 24-10 at Lambeau. Packers had just 270 yards total offense. Kirk Cousins threw for 274 yards and 2 TD's before suffering a season-ending injury.

Offensively, Vikings rank 21st in points scored and 10th in yards gained. The starting QB is now Nick Mullens who has thrown for 797 yards in 2+ games with 4 TD's and 6 INT's. T.J. Hockenson leads Vikings in receiving with 960 yards and 5 TD's. However, on Sunday he suffered what may be a serious knee injury. Jordan Addison has 826 yards receiving with 9 TD's but may be day to day with an ankle injury. Justin Jefferson is back from injury and has had 823 receiving yards with 4 TD's. He had a huge game last week against the Lions with 141 receiving yards and 1 TD. Alexander Mattison leads the Vikings with 659 rushing yards, averaging 3.9 YPC. However, he carried the ball only 2 times last week. Ty Chandler has been getting more carries lately.

Defensively Vikings rank 10th in points allowed and 13th in yards allowed. Opposing QB's have passed for 3382 yards with 18 TD's and 11 INT's. Vikings have sacked opposing QB's 42 times led by Danielle Hunter with 15.5. D.J. Wonnum, who has 8 sacks is likely out with an injury. Opponents have rushed for just 1437 yards, averaging just 3.7 YPC and 11 TD's.

Vikings are favored by 1.5.
    Moneyline: Vikings -132, Packers +112
    Over/under: 46

Packers have won 3 straight as underdog.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

so what retread QB are they trotting out to win NFC offensive player of the week?

I have no idea if we can win this one. It will be a dogfight. This even feels like a game the D shows up. 3 on, 3 off kinda deal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Fucking NFL won’t flex this game out of the Sunday Night slot. If I get canned from the burger joint for calling in yet again, the NFL owe me $30,000 (the equivalent of $15/hr, 40 hr/wk for a year).
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    so what retread QB are they trotting out to win NFC offensive player of the week?

I have no idea if we can win this one. It will be a dogfight. This even feels like a game the D shows up. 3 on, 3 off kinda deal.
    Kevin Seifert
    @SeifertESPN

Just wrapped up with Kevin O'Connell. He's not ready to name a starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Packers. Indicated all 3 -- Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall and Josh Dobbs -- are under consideration but said he would make a decision before practice prep starts tomorrow.

Queens hotshot TE is out for the season.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Open season on Rastak starts…..

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Queens hotshot TE is out for the season.
    Torn MCL and ACL. That's rough. With it happening this late, won't be ready for start of 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If I were the Minny coach, I'd open up the starting gig on Sunday to bribery - which of those three also ran/retreads wants to be the NFC Offensive Player of the Week next week? Which one has the hottest wife? Anyone have a brother-in-law who has a year's supply of venison backstrap? Who wants the career boost most??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If I were the Minny coach, I'd open up the starting gig on Sunday to bribery - which of those three also ran/retreads wants to be the NFC Offensive Player of the Week next week? Which one has the hottest wife? Anyone have a brother-in-law who has a year's supply of venison backstrap? Who wants the career boost most??
    Probably go with Nick Mullens.

Torn MCL and ACL. That's rough. With it happening this late, won't be ready for start of 2024.
    I know you Boomers/GenX-ers grew up hating the Mobsters of the Midway with every ounce of hatred inside your blood, but us millennials, we grew up watching Favor and Butte owe the Mobsters.

The Queens, on the other hand, fuck the Queens! Everything from the Moss moon job to Queens fans celebrating Butte’s broken shoulder while listening to “Purple Rain,” we despise the Queens.

Fuck the Queens. I am gonna channel my inner Tex and proclaim that I am glad Hockenson is fucked.

hahahaha I'm not gonna deny, that was my reaction to that news. Glad to see I'm not the only "horrible person" as several have said.

Old as I am, I never hated the Bears quite as much as I hate the Vikings - good years and bad in both cases.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Probably go with Nick Mullens.

Oh my. I would definitely agree.

This does not look favorable for the Pack - playing in a dome, against a Vikes team with a good defense and an offense missing its top two - or three? - QB's?

Mullens throws for over 350 yards, Vikes defense stifles the young Packer offense. The backup to Hockenson has a career day, too!

Vikes 34
    Packers 24, as they score a last-minute, meaningless TD.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Did the Packers just suspend J-Alex for the Queens game?

With the Packers facing Jefferson?

With the season on the line?

Jesus, the Packers are soft. Suspend your top corner for going out for the stupid coin toss.

Soft and dumb.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    This front office is a joke.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    This front office is a joke.
    For once, I agree with you.

Gutenkunst got a fat, new contract, and now he’s embracing the tank.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    For once, I agree with you.

Gutenkunst got a fat, new contract, and now he’s embracing the tank.
    I was surprised the team is as good as it is but why suspend JA when Barry is OBVIOUSLY the problem and he has not been fired.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wow, I am shocked. OK Jaire fucked up, but they couldn't handle this internally?

All I can think is that Jaire got a little dinged up in the game and wasn't going to play this week anyway. So pretend to make an example out of him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jaire is not the top corner. He barely plays.

He’s a head case and hopefully we can get some value out of him.

He wasn’t a captain and almost fucked up a possession - then played it off as if his shit didn’t stick.

Fuck jaire