Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    And fuck you APB
    All pretending around to be hip and hop and you don’t know shit
    In life
    In love
    In football

Out
    You got it QB.

Tank is a lying creep and his racial posts are annoying and creepy.

How being a racist is cool in this day and age is beyond me.

Stokes ruled out for the game

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Stokes ruled out for the game
    Packers coaches and management are a lot like the incompetent managers at the burger joint that enslaves me. HR hires a bunch of clueless newbies. Management then treats vested workers like shit, forcing them to quit. A month later, 70% of the new hires have quit. Management cries about shit not getting done.

Somewhere J-Alex is smiling. Bench your best corner cos he went out for the stupid coin toss then watch your other first round corner pull his fragile hammy once again.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

We may have to use our first 5 picks on defensive backs next year.

Just think if we had a real pro like Rasul Douglas.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    We may have to use our first 5 picks on defensive backs next year.
    Yeah, that position went into the toilet in the space of a single season, didn’t it?

Stokes is sure starting to reek of “bust.” Alexander went from one of the premier corners in the NFL to a head case. The one true professional of the group got traded. What was the strongest unit on the team is now a patchwork of seventh-rounders and knockarounds.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, that position went into the toilet in the space of a single season, didn’t it?

Stokes is sure starting to reek of “bust.” Alexander went from one of the premier corners in the NFL to a head case. The one true professional of the group got traded. What was the strongest unit on the team is now a patchwork of seventh-rounders and knockarounds.
    That’s scary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Really man. Was Stokes ever that good?

I remember he was OK as a rook, but not special.

Then he gets hurt a couple times and now we're waiting for him to pop.

We probably have to keep him around.

Like you guys say, we can't come up with all new DB's next year.

He had next level speed and likely lost some of it due to being injured the psat two years. I have serious doubts that he'll return to being a good player. They need to reboot the secondary next year. I suspect they will. In the spirit of ETT, I would hope they have 3 picks in the top 45 and they are a tackle and two defensive backs.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

As a rookie Stokes was one of the top CBs in the league for "seperation allowed". Its not the only stat that matters, but it shows that he wasn't allowing QBs to hit wide open targets.

The more I think about it the more I hate Barry. Stokes, Alexander and Savage were all trending up before we hired Barry. Then all 3 went to absolute shit.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

At this point, the only thing that's likely to "pop" is his hamstring.

As I recall, Stokes had excellent straight-line speed but was seen as having stiff hips, and was a decent tackler and fairly physical for a corner.

But the guy's suffered that Lisfranc injury and now the hammy stuff, so I wonder if he's lost his greatest asset - that speed.

Sounds like he might turn into Kevin King at this point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    ESPN has Nick Mullens as 6'0" His wife must be travel-sized.
    I like to think of her as fun-sized.

On a more serious note, I think Gute drafts 2 safeties and a CB. The secondary will look a lot different next year.
    Nixon is ok at best as a slot corner, I think he's a little too stiff and isn't always assignment sure.
    I have concerns about Jaire's headspace, and Stokes health.

You can't really play either in the slot much, but if they are both hurt you have to explore other options.

I don't think Stokes is a bad player, but like many I worry about his speed and rust after these injuries. A year ago he was in a wheelchair for crying out loud.
    Jaire's shoulder issues are a worry as well. He's on the smaller side for CBs that GB likes and smaller guys just struggle to stay healthy over the long term.

Trading Rasul hurt them this season but I don't think it was a bad move for the long term.

As for Watson, he's a tightly wound dude and needs to work this off season on injury prevention. It sounds like he's already tried a lot of things, he'll get it figured out. Clay Matthews was like him with the hamstrings, he started both to figure it out and slow down. I suspect Watson does the same.
    He's only in his 2nd season, he's not a bust. Next year will be very important for him though, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave, and Kraft are going to continue to be major parts of this offense and if Watson doesn't get on board he'll be left behind.