Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL VIKING PACKER GAMEDAY THREAD

THE OFFICIAL VIKING PACKER GAMEDAY THREAD

Well, it's after midnight now, and I'm still up, so I may as well start this now.

There are a lot of reasons why the Packers should win this game, and a few possible things that could mess things up. I think we win it. Enough said.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Uh Oh. Tex is up late, probably servicing the wife. Starting this thread was like his after-sex cigarette. He's feeling good about things, but a little lazy in that post-sex hazy glow.

But then the wife starts in on him. "Dammit, Tex, when you going to finish trimming the trees and cleaning the windows like I asked you to? When are we going on that Cabo vacation? When are you going to stop spending so much time on your computer, looking at football crap?"

Reality sets in:

Vikes 37
    Pack 24
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

This is the only time this year I spend time with the extended family who are all Packers fans.

There is no consensus on what we will see in tonight’s game.
    The big plus is we will all be drinking regardless of the outcome.

Blog Entries
    The NFL football KARMA gods Hate E.T.T. and have blessed Green Bay with another JV quarterback to play.

GB wins this one, probably next week, and then we get fed to the sharks and are done.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Uh Oh. Tex is up late, probably servicing the wife. Starting this thread was like his after-sex cigarette. He's feeling good about things, but a little lazy in that post-sex hazy glow.

But then the wife starts in on him. "Dammit, Tex, when you going to finish trimming the trees and cleaning the windows like I asked you to? When are we going on that Cabo vacation? When are you going to stop spending so much time on your computer, looking at football crap?"

Reality sets in:

Vikes 37
    Pack 24
    We're morning people for the purpose you describe hahahaha, Fritz - hence my lateness replying to your post. A little after midnight is actually early for me. She's actually very supportive and almost as big a Packer fan as I am.

I'm 76 years old and have literally never trimmed trees (unless you mean put up the Christmas tree which we did a couple months ago) or washed windows hahahaha.

Reality would be a big Packer win, a rout. Joe Barry will probably lessen that again, but I still expect a win by a bigger margin than last week.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    A couple of tidbits:

I was meaning to go look who the starting corners were during the three game streak, thanks to the internet, I didn't have to:

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Illustrated
    Ballentine and Valentine were the starting corners for the three-game sweep of Justin Herbert and the Chargers, Jared Goff and the Lions and Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.
    Is it perhaps better to run with the dogs who got you here?

Then this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Illustrated
    Quarterbacks win games. You know what else wins games? Scoring seven points rather than three.

The Packers have been oddly underwhelming in the red zone (21st-ranked 51.8 percent touchdowns) but incredibly awesome in goal-to-go situations (top-ranked 94.7 percent).

Green Bay has had first-and-goal 19 times this season. It’s scored 18 touchdowns. For perspective:

- It might be the best touchdown rate in NFL history. The NFL has kept red-zone and goal-to-go data since 1999. The previous best was the Titans’ 94.1 percent in 2020. Only a handful of teams finished the season at better than 90 percent.

- When the Packers led the NFL in red-zone success in 2020 with what might have been the best touchdown rate in NFL history, it’s goal-to-go success rate was 90.5 percent.

Golden in Goal to go situations seems rather impressive, is it?
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some sweet stats Capt. even in the shitty losses we saw some good offense this season and didn’t even know it.

I expect them to find a way to break my heart tonight. Vikes always get a chubby for us. Truthfully if Love plays a good game in this one, I'll be 100% on board the big contract he is going to land. Why not, everyone else overpays their QB.

In other news Ron Rivera is on the hot seat. He would make a stellar DC imo.

Oops, gameday thread, lest I get sidetracked.....Pack 24 Vikes 27 in a game that once again sees our D keep Love on the sideline for extended periods. Who is the vikings punter? If I see him 2x I predict the score will flip and we win 27-24.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Well, we are screwed this game. It's the Official Packers verses thread. Tex trying to make Rastak feeling welcome starts it with the Vikings.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Tex has been on a mission all year to blow up my E.T.T bus

If Tex is worth anything as a threadmaster, GB dominates the Vikings 5th or so string QB and being home an easy win.

I expect GB to win tonight for sure
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

another "must win game against a shit no name QB" . i'm guessing he goes over 300 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Tex has been on a mission all year to blow up my E.T.T bus

If Tex is worth anything as a threadmaster, GB dominates the Vikings 5th or so string QB and being home an easy win.

I expect GB to win tonight for sure
    Astute observations. We got help from Da Bears today and maybe - not finished yet - the Steelers. Nothing matters if we don't beat the Vikings, but things are shaping up nicely if we do.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Looks like the Lumpensteelers are gonna win. Destiny is a-calling the soft and dumb Packers.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    A Pack loss tonight and they’re out of the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A Pack loss tonight and they’re out of the dance.
    we've been hearing that for the last 4 weeks

and we lost 2 of those 3 games

As always - I have no idea how this game is gonna go. Part of me thinks we’ll lose / so we’ll probably play an amazing game.

Packers 34
    Vikings 17

No Watson or Wicks tonight (or Campbell).

Next year - I don’t think we’ll have Preston, Campbell or Jaire or Barry on this squad. Need an overhaul in LB and secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    No Watson or Wicks tonight (or Campbell).

Next year - I don’t think we’ll have Preston, Campbell or Jaire or Barry on this squad. Need an overhaul in LB and secondary.
    watson has to be one of the biggest pussies we've had in awhile

we just spent a high first round pick on an OLB. we've got both starters there

we probably need a smart guy to play the other ILB next to quay (he has fire, but seems as dumb as a rock)

we need CBs in a big way. alexander has been shit for at least the last 2 seasons, and stokes hasn't played over the last 2 seasons. getting rid of douglas looks even worse right now

we also need OTs and maybe a new center (ours sucks). probably should start looking for Rbs

but i'm sure we'll draft another 3 wrs instead. couldn't force gute to draft a WR when rodgers was here, but he sure loves to do it now
    Last edited by red; 12-31-2023 at 06:39 PM.