Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Official Packers v Bears @ Lambeau Discussion Thread

I’ve gone once since that night. Probably 5 years ago, haha!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Fields said Lambeau will probably be loud because there is nothing to do in GB but watch football. The fans will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy. Needless to say, my son and I will be booing him at every chance. And getting very loud when he’s trying to organize the offense.

There are ZERO packers pro bowlers. The players will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy.

It’s a playoff game for us. There is plenty of ammo for the fans and players. Lambeau gonna be lit!!!
    Honestly, I don't think this stuff matters much if at all. I think players use it as an artificial aid, maybe, but even then, I don't think it matters.

They can get into the playoffs if they win. What more motivation could you want?

Of course, they had that same motivation last year, and we know how that ended...

Bears are playing well, just as the Loin were last year coming in. Last year the Packers - offense and defense - seemed kinda brittle. This year, it's just the defense, and sadly, the special teams.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I think so, haha. Last I was in that area,.
    Was that Last Night ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Honestly, I don't think this stuff matters much if at all. I think players use it as an artificial aid, maybe, but even then, I don't think it matters.

They can get into the playoffs if they win. What more motivation could you want?

Of course, they had that same motivation last year, and we know how that ended...

Bears are playing well, just as the Loin were last year coming in. Last year the Packers - offense and defense - seemed kinda brittle. This year, it's just the defense, and sadly, the special teams.
    I do think zero probowlers pisses them off. But yeah, the Bears are playing great ball right now. It’s gonna be a fist fight for sure.

The cherry picked 16 most prolific passing games of Fields career compared to the first 16 games of Jordan Loves career as a full time starter. I went 3 or more TD passes first. Over 200 yards second. 2 touchdown games third. So his most yards and TD games as a passer.

Fields
    289/457 63.2% 3,526yds 27td/12int 95.68rate 156rushatt/1,048yds 8TD/9fum 4,574totYD 35totTD

Love
    345/547 63.1% 3,843yds 30td/11int 93.8rate 47rush/248yds 4TD/8fum 4,091totYD 34totTD

Fields is a guy the media and fan base talks about as having a good chance of being the guy. He made the NFL top 100 this year. This is cherry picking his best games. And Love is right in the ball park including his worst games. Crazy.

Fields is a guy the media and fan base talks about as having a good chance of being the guy. He made the NFL top 100 this year. This is cherry picking his best games. And Love is right in the ball park including his worst games. Crazy.
    Yeah was about to say, Love doesn't have the benefit of several seasons to cherry pick from. We've learned the hard way that even Baker, Bryce, or DeVito can have an elite level QB game. With a larger sample size I suspect Jordan Love's stats will look substantially better than Fields.

One other important comparison point:
    Justin Fields has never gotten the Bears into the playoffs, much less kept them in playoff contention in the final week of the season. He's 5-7 as a starter this year, and 10-27 over his entire career.

The Sean Rhyan audition. Now’s the time to see what they have. It’s not like he’s had no experience. He’s a second-year guy who’s played about 15 or so snaps a game for about half the season. Time to show what he’s got.

Now, what will they do if Myers can’t go?
    I watched him closely last couple games. He has rebuilt his body from big and soft to kinda big and more firm. I'm still not overly impressed by him though.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

But be honest. This year feels....better.

A QBs job is to pass. His overall success is based on his ability to pass. Love is a far better passer. If it were about running then Christian Watson or a million other guys would be QBs. QBs don't win titles by running first. Love is far better at playing QB.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Game statuses for Sunday:

OUT: AJ Dillon, Rudy Ford

DOUBTFUL: Isaiah McDuffie

QUESTIONABLE: Elgton Jenkins, Luke Musgrave, Jayden Reed, Preston Smith, Luke Tenuta, Christian Watson, Dontayvion Wicks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Stay healthy, Aaron Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    A QBs job is to pass. His overall success is based on his ability to pass. Love is a far better passer. If it were about running then Christian Watson or a million other guys would be QBs. QBs don't win titles by running first. Love is far better at playing QB.
    As someone in Saints-land, there's a reason why they work "packages" for Taysom Hill, to "keep the defense off-balance" but don't give him the keys when the starter goes down.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    As someone in Saints-land, there's a reason why they work "packages" for Taysom Hill, to "keep the defense off-balance" but don't give him the keys when the starter goes down.
    After those installs, I wonder if anyone watches him run them and says “nice package”?

I hope Preston Smith can play. He’s about the only disciplined edge rusher on the team, and with Fields out there, they’ll need that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

A lot of people are saying this is the Bears SB and that they’ll have to extend Fields with a big contract if they win…

Me - I wouldn’t mind if they sign fields as the top qb prospects could be much better.

But facing MHJ 2x/yr would also suck.

Not gonna be an easy W… esp after blowing the same game vs the Lions last year.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Packers roster moves today:

Activated off IR: TE Luke Musgrave, RB Emanuel Wilson

Elevated from the practice squad: WR Grant DuBose

Placed on IR: S Rudy Ford

Released: CB David Long Jr.

Another thing that concerns me is MLF's poor track record in games of real gravity. He's laid a lot of eggs in big games.......

Blog Entries
    Can we lose, and still realistically backdoor into the playoffs ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Can we lose, and still realistically backdoor into the playoffs ?
    GREEN BAY PACKERS (8-8) vs. Chicago (7-9); Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS

Green Bay clinches playoff berth with:

GB win OR
    GB tie + SEA loss or tie + NO loss or tie OR
    GB tie + SEA loss + TB loss OR
    GB tie + SEA tie + TB loss or tie OR
    MIN loss or tie + SEA loss + TB loss OR
    MIN loss or tie + SEA loss + NO loss