Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers v Bears @ Lambeau Discussion Thread

Official Packers v Bears @ Lambeau Discussion Thread

My 21 yr old Giants fan son and I are gonna be there! Win and in!

Bears defense was a pass rusher away. Since adding Sweat (top 10 edge and more productive than Gary), they’ve been a top 5 defense.

Fields is as accurate and strong armed as anyone. And he can really run. Just from a physical standpoint of arm talent and mobility, he’s on Lamar’s level because Fields is a more accurate passer. But he’s Forrest Gump level stupid. He stands there baffled on most drop backs. Lamar can actually process the game so it’s no comparison whos a better quarterback. But…. The packers have a young and somewhat predictable defense. That’s the kind of easy reads Fields can dominate with. On the other hand, the Packers have the speed on the edge (Preston, Gary, LVN) to make a mobile quarterbacks job harder.

Regardless, the Bears are playing really good ball right now and Fields is a threat go off on any given Sunday, even if it is only one in 5 games, those epic ones do pop off and it could happen.

It’s going to be a tough, hard fought, traditional Bears defense vs elite Packers QB kind of game.

Go Pack Go!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

My son just got his back to back 4.0s in his last two semesters at GB. He’s gonna be a teacher and a coach. So he loves ball. It’s gonna be a lot of fun!!

Back when I was a young and a Tex level aggressive sports nut (2007) my son was 5 years old and liked football. The Giants, lead by Strahan, Osi, Tuck and Robbin’s beat the snot out of Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. I was cheering for them to injure him and celebrating every violent attack he endured. The Giants won and from then on my son was a Giants fan. That might have been the helmet catch game too.

Back then, like Tex, I too used to attack Rastak and rub it in his face when we injured the Vikings. I had a few rough edges, but have calmed down with age and psych medication.

And to waste your time further with my memories, the last game my son and I were at was the Rodgers Cobb end of the half Hail Mary game against my sons Giants squad. We were 1/3 of the way up on the south end zone where Cobb scored. The whole crowd threw our hands up and I blacked out. I forgot what was going on and then there was this moment where I was like damn, I don’t even know what dimension I check out into, but I’m back here on earth and that was the coolest feeling ever.

So yeah, hopefully this is another epic one! Maybe I’ll skip meds for a week and get some nose candy just to make sure I’m in the right head space for the event.

From the Packers perspective, this is maybe the most important Packers/Bears game since the 2013 season finale when Rodgers hit a wide open Cobb late for the 33-28 winner.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers favored by 3.
    Over/under 44
    Moneyline: Packers -172, Bears +144

It’s gonna be funny if 15 years from now we’re listening to Tom Brady (foxes long time lead analyst in 2038) talking about how the Packers have been starting 3 HOF quarterbacks for 45 years and the Bears have started 103 stumble bums for half a century.

Bears are seemingly playing for nothing but have won 4 of their last 5. Their D has been one of the top defenses in the 2nd half of the season. Better not take them lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    And to waste your time further with my memories, the last game my son and I were at was the Rodgers Cobb end of the half Hail Mary game against my sons Giants squad. We were 1/3 of the way up on the south end zone where Cobb scored. The whole crowd threw our hands up and I blacked out. I forgot what was going on and then there was this moment where I was like damn, I don’t even know what dimension I check out into, but I’m back here on earth and that was the coolest feeling ever.

So yeah, hopefully this is another epic one! Maybe I’ll skip meds for a week and get some nose candy just to make sure I’m in the right head space for the event.
    I was at that game too

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Bears are seemingly playing for nothing but have won 4 of their last 5. Their D has been one of the top defenses in the 2nd half of the season. Better not take them lightly.
    It's the exact same situation as last game last year. Lions were hot but had been eliminated from the playoffs earlier in the day. Packers were in a win an in situation. Knocking the Packers out of the playoffs was the Lions own Super Bowl. I gotta believe MLF is reminding the team of what happened a year ago.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi Ave
    Love has more single-season passing yards and passing touchdowns than any Bears quarterback in NFL history.

That's hard to believe, but correct. In 1995, Erik Kramer threw for 3,838 yards, 29 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. It's Chicago's best statistical season of quarterback play. Love beat that in year one.

STOKE THE FIRE!
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Have a great time, Rashan.

Bring home a playoff spot!

Bears are playing really well, somehow they've turned the season around and haven't quit. Hard to believe, given how much turmoil there was at the beginning of the season.

Packers should take a look at DL Biggs and RB Cook on waivers.

What Cook? Surely not Dalvin or his little brother?

I've never been able to work up as much hate for the Bears as I have for the Vikings. Before they were the pathetic losers they became, permanent suckage and all, they were a team to respect more often than not over the many decades.

In the here and now, there has been a few recent signs that the "Bears still suck" line may be coming to the end. The Packers need this game, and I think they will win it, but ...... it might not be easy. I have always had a high opinion of Justin Fields. And the Packers seem to have a particular problem with running QBs even more than Joe Barry's D has problems in general. As good as Fields is, though, Love is better. And the Packers team in general is so loaded that even Joe B can't drag it down.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The bad news is the Packers are 0-2 at home this year vs division rivals. The good news is the second time this year the Packers have faced division rivals, Love has ripped them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Packers should take a look at DL Biggs and RB Cook on waivers.
    Buggs? Someone will pick him up. Not sure who you cut to make room for him on GB's roster, not with all the young DL under contract. He's better than Johnathon Ford on the PS, but I don't think he's signing there when DET would sign him and keep him around.
    Dalvin Cook would be a fascinating backup to Aaron Jones, but I don't think there's much tread left on those tires. Cook has had a lot of injuries and a bigger workload than Jones, both drafted same year.

Kick the tires on them? Sure.
    Sign them to the 53 in hopes they'd be ready to play in a week? LOL no. You roll with who you have at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Agree. The defense has really improved and the Montez Sweat trade has made a big difference. They will be a challenge. Being at home will help GB.
    Justin Fields has played better, but if Jaire is back and his head is in the game they can put him on DJ Moore and that will basically shut down the passing game. The 1-2 punch of Herbert and Johnson at RB are pretty good and we all know about the Joe Barry run defense.

I think this is a closer game than Week 1, but I also think GB should be able to squeak it out. If they can get some good news on their injuries (Watson, Wicks, Reed, Musgrave, Preston Smith, McDuffie) that will really help GB.

FYI - Toure on IR, Melton is on the 53 officially.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    FYI - Toure on IR, Melton is on the 53 officially.
    Toure placed on IR with an injury identified as a “brain fart.”
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=18

CBS Late - All of Great Lakes area, Alaska and much of the rest of the country will get Bears at Packers. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call.