Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers v Bears @ Lambeau Discussion Thread

Mike Spofford
    @mikespofford

WRs Christian Watson, Jayden Reed, Dontayvion Wicks all practicing for #Packers Wednesday.
    Also practicing: CB Jaire Alexander, LB De’Vondre Campbell.
    Not practicing: S Rudy Ford, G Elgton Jenkins, LB Isaiah McDuffie, LB Preston Smith
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    My 21 yr old Giants fan son and I are gonna be there! Win and in!

Bears defense was a pass rusher away. Since adding Sweat (top 10 edge and more productive than Gary), they’ve been a top 5 defense.

Fields is as accurate and strong armed as anyone. And he can really run. Just from a physical standpoint of arm talent and mobility, he’s on Lamar’s level because Fields is a more accurate passer. But he’s Forrest Gump level stupid. He stands there baffled on most drop backs. Lamar can actually process the game so it’s no comparison whos a better quarterback. But…. The packers have a young and somewhat predictable defense. That’s the kind of easy reads Fields can dominate with. On the other hand, the Packers have the speed on the edge (Preston, Gary, LVN) to make a mobile quarterbacks job harder.

Regardless, the Bears are playing really good ball right now and Fields is a threat go off on any given Sunday, even if it is only one in 5 games, those epic ones do pop off and it could happen.

It’s going to be a tough, hard fought, traditional Bears defense vs elite Packers QB kind of game.

Go Pack Go!!!
    Pretty good sum up. The Bears are dangerous right now. I agree with most of what you said about Fields, except that I think the biggest difference between him and Lamaar is coaching. Harbaugh has built an offense around 2 reads and run. The 2 reads are almost built in presnap regardless of D. It makes processing much easier. I haven't been watching the Bears other than high lights, but your assessment seems pretty accurate. They are playing well and playing to Fields strengths.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Mike Spofford
    @mikespofford

WRs Christian Watson, Jayden Reed, Dontayvion Wicks all practicing for #Packers Wednesday.
    Also practicing: CB Jaire Alexander, LB De’Vondre Campbell.
    Not practicing: S Rudy Ford, G Elgton Jenkins, LB Isaiah McDuffie, LB Preston Smith
    Great news, especially Christian Glass Watson.

Considering how fragile Watson is and how well the team has played without him, I hope they play him sparingly, a few deep routes, etc,
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Packers are ranked 9th in DVOA on offense, 28th on defense.
    Chicago is ranked 21st on offense, 14th on defense.

Packers offense has been very good since the PIT game, CHI D since the trade for Sweat and Jaylon Johnson realizing he's not getting traded (and playing for that fat contract).

Will be a good matchup. I expect a close game. Division games often are.

Chicago has improved, especially on defense, but Justin Fields hasn't really set the world on fire as a passer. The teams they've beat on their run haven't been the top teams except for Detroit.
    Many of the things that directly contributed to recent Bears wins are unusual - Josh Dobbs throwing 4 INTs, rushing for 250 yards vs. ARI, getting a phenomenal performance from DJ Moore (and stupid play from Taylor Heinecke) vs. ATL.

I'm not calling them frauds, but I don't think they've been a juggernaut either.

Keys to the game:
    - Don't turn the ball over
    - Utilize slot WR and RB as receivers (Bears are bad covering them)
    - Stop the run game
    - Blanket DJ Moore
    - Keep Fields in the pocket

They do those things and they'll win easily. Problem is, most of those are defensive tasks, so I don't trust Barry.

Could this be the game we see Musgrave line up as a BIG slot? With Kraft emerging as the inline TE, its the natural next step.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Glad that trade for Chase Claypool never happened. I forgot he was in the league.

Since getting shipped off to MIA, he's had 3 catches on 5 targets. He's gonna wash out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Could this be the game we see Musgrave line up as a BIG slot? With Kraft emerging as the inline TE, its the natural next step.
    CHI is fairly good against the run, but GB offense in 12 personnel and then motioning Musgrave (and Reed) around could cause the CHI defense some problems. Kraft and Musgrave feel like potential matchup nightmares, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Packers are ranked 9th in DVOA on offense, 28th on defense.
    Chicago is ranked 21st on offense, 14th on defense.

Packers offense has been very good since the PIT game, CHI D since the trade for Sweat and Jaylon Johnson realizing he's not getting traded (and playing for that fat contract).

Will be a good matchup. I expect a close game. Division games often are.

Chicago has improved, especially on defense, but Justin Fields hasn't really set the world on fire as a passer. The teams they've beat on their run haven't been the top teams except for Detroit.
    Many of the things that directly contributed to recent Bears wins are unusual - Josh Dobbs throwing 4 INTs, rushing for 250 yards vs. ARI, getting a phenomenal performance from DJ Moore (and stupid play from Taylor Heinecke) vs. ATL.

I'm not calling them frauds, but I don't think they've been a juggernaut either.

Keys to the game:
    - Don't turn the ball over
    - Utilize slot WR and RB as receivers (Bears are bad covering them)
    - Stop the run game
    - Blanket DJ Moore
    - Keep Fields in the pocket

They do those things and they'll win easily. Problem is, most of those are defensive tasks, so I don't trust Barry.
    Yup. I'm expecting Fields to break some huge runs. Rashan Gary is just not that disciplined, and if Preston doesn't play, neither will Van Ness/Enagbare be. And asking a Joe Barry defense to stop the run - that happens once in a blue moon, and we had ours last week.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I admit I am nervous about this one.

Primarily because we are sporting a junior high defensive scheme led by a guy who shouldn't be leading anything other than a middle school band.

If Elgton can't go, I'm guessing they go with Runyan at LG and Rhyan at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If Elgton can't go, I'm guessing they go with Runyan at LG and Rhyan at RG.
    The Sean Rhyan audition. Now’s the time to see what they have. It’s not like he’s had no experience. He’s a second-year guy who’s played about 15 or so snaps a game for about half the season. Time to show what he’s got.

Now, what will they do if Myers can’t go?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Sean Rhyan audition. Now’s the time to see what they have. It’s not like he’s had no experience. He’s a second-year guy who’s played about 15 or so snaps a game for about half the season. Time to show what he’s got.

Now, what will they do if Myers can’t go?
    Myers was a full participant in practice today, so he's probably good to go. But if not they would probably have 2 options: Runyan or Tom. If Tom, then Nijman at RT. If both Jenkins and Myers were out, then you either have:

LG Newman/C Runyan/RG Rhyan

or LG Runyan/C Tom/RG Rhyan/RT Nijman

It’s a playoff game. Big country will be out there.

Fields said Lambeau will probably be loud because there is nothing to do in GB but watch football. The fans will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy. Needless to say, my son and I will be booing him at every chance. And getting very loud when he’s trying to organize the offense.

There are ZERO packers pro bowlers. The players will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy.

It’s a playoff game for us. There is plenty of ammo for the fans and players. Lambeau gonna be lit!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Fields said Lambeau will probably be loud because there is nothing to do in GB but watch football. The fans will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy. Needless to say, my son and I will be booing him at every chance. And getting very loud when he’s trying to organize the offense.

There are ZERO packers pro bowlers. The players will have a chip on their shoulders and bring the energy.

It’s a playoff game for us. There is plenty of ammo for the fans and players. Lambeau gonna be lit!!!

What a dumb crap

There is a LOTTA Caramel to chase in Green Bay at the OO )))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What a dumb crap

There is a LOTTA Caramel to chase in Green Bay at the OO )))
    Is that place still in business?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Is that place still in business?
    I think so, haha. Last I was in that area, it looked open.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.