Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Versatility similar to the 49ers offense

Versatility similar to the 49ers offense

Watson
    Wicks
    Kraft
    Musgrave
    Aaron Jones

Musgrave has legit WR deep speed. He ran his 40 coming off a leg injury and still had a legit WR flying 20.

Kraft is a prototype Kelce/Kittle type of athlete who catches the ball and can breakdown in space well enough to move into the backfield as an HBack blocking type.

Aaron Jones is a legitimate passing option as well as an explosive runner.

You can have two inline TEs. You can have a FB, RB and inline TE. All your TEs and receivers can block. Or you can go 4 or 5 wide with receiver type speed across the board.

A million ways for the defense to die. How do you match personnel. And I know we’ve dreamed of this type of versatility before and then Deguara fucked the pooch or Lazard showed up mediocre as shit in the passing game to do the complete opposite of complimenting his unusual blocking skills or the OL faltered with injury or all of the above….

But these guys are showing play making talent. All of them. Big athletic flashes of exciting stuff to come.

It could be an exciting era of offensive football on the horizon as if it’s not already pretty darn exciting at what should be the low end of its potential.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

You forgot Reed.

It's a nice, young, inexpensive core of players... with the exception of Jones.
    I think if you go into the offseason looking to improve your OL and RB and find a legitimate FB you'll have something.

Aaron Jones doesn't have much left in the tank and Dillon is a nice backup but that's it. Don't overpay RBs.

If they are smart they won't neglect to draft and develop receiving talent like they did after Davante. Maybe some of that was Rodgers being a dickhole, but when guys like Juwann Winfree and Darius Sheppard are getting a lot of snaps you might have shaky depth.

Easy to forget Reed, doesn't do much.

On a tangent guess which rookie receiver just broke sterling sharpes rookie reception record.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Jones not much left in the tank? When he's healthy - the past two games, he sure seems to have plenty. I had about concluded a few weeks ago that a draft priority was replacing him and/or Dillon. Now, I'm thinking they find a way to keep both of them, and maybe still draft somebody, maybe a 3rd or 4th round, maybe Braelin Allen if he falls far enough.

Any RB is an injury risk, Jones probably more than most. If that lets us keep him for less money, though, great.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Do not want the WI kid, and i can be a Badger homer.
    Big college backs who succeed in the pros are rare and I'm not sure Allen will be one. And yes, I expect he will be there in R3 and probably taken R4. There isn't a RB worth taking in R1 this year, you'll see the very top-rated guys go on Day 2 and a big run on them in Day 3.

I'd love to keep Jones, but he's 29 and missed half the season with injuries. He's had like 3 MCL injuries now, they add up. It's what happens to RBs as they age and become less effective. Maybe it's not this season, but it's coming soon.
    Jones is waaayyy better than Dillon (who should be a RB3 IMO) but you still need to get younger and cheaper there. RB is a meat grinder position and you have to keep bringing in fresh new meat. (It's also why a lot of players who would be RBs are now WRs on the college level, but I digress.) Jones' contract is going to have a big say in whether he stays or not. That will come down to discussions between Gute, Russ Ball, Jones and his agent. I'm 100% sure MLF would like him back, so would the fans. If you see Aaron Jones interact with fans you can't help but love the guy. You can't pay $17M for a RB in their age-30 season. Either way they have to bring in new RBs to make both the offense and cap work.

Dillon is a great guy and I like him, but is he worth 3M/yr of your limited cap space? He's not dynamic. He's miscast in this offense. His vision and feet aren't great. He is good in pass pro and as an outlet, and if you run a lot of under center power runs -- which GB doesn't -- he'd be more effective. I could see someone like TEN or BAL having a lot of fun with him. GB needs RBs who are shiftier and quicker, not bulldozers. It's why Jones is more effective in the offense. I'm not seeing a strong argument for keeping Dillon.

I think the tweaks have us running some things similar to the dolphins. Bo melton is running free with separation like tyrique Hill
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    This is a good thread content wise. The Packers really do have a wide variety of skill on offense.

And where did Bo Melton come from ? Was he a stud in colleage who got lose in the NFL due to sub par measurables or a bad RAS score ? He looked really dam good
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    This is a good thread content wise. The Packers really do have a wide variety of skill on offense.

And where did Bo Melton come from ? Was he a stud in colleage who got lose in the NFL due to sub par measurables or a bad RAS score ? He looked really dam good
    Had great combine numbers except for height/weight. Ran a 4.34 40. Still wasn't seen as an explosive player. May have been limited in college by poor QB play. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bo-mel...1-b314a42762bf
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Tucker Kraft is a tough dude but comps being Kelce and Kittle? Cmon bro. Kelce is an all-timer and Kittle is a right-nower. He will likely never come close to either of them and could still be a very good player.

Who is that receiver homie #18 who straight up attacks the ball? Also some no namer that wasn't drafted IIRC.

I left Reed off this list because when you want to go full unpredictable mode, you want to use guys who can excel in the run game and pass game. Reed is tiny to be a blocker or RB

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Tucker Kraft is a tough dude but comps being Kelce and Kittle? Cmon bro. Kelce is an all-timer and Kittle is a right-nower. He will likely never come close to either of them and could still be a very good player.
    Do you watch the games? Kraft is a fucking athlete and a baller. He does look like an elite tight end. He’s playing like one. Watch the games.

Blog Entries
    I will probably pay for this statement later but Tucker Kraft has looked better than Musgrave to me. More Fluent, catches the ball more naturally and can catch and run after the catch
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Who is that receiver homie #18 who straight up attacks the ball? Also some no namer that wasn't drafted IIRC.

Are you thinking of Malik Heath, who has looked really good at times as well ? I radio head was trying to sell Heath as a future #1 WR. Callers kept claling in asking him if he really means Wicks and the guy kept pounding the table for Heath. I like Heath and all but that guy was an idiot to say that

WITH THAT BEING SAID IN NO ORDER

Watson
    Reed
    Doubs
    Wicks
    Heath
    Melton

There are6 guys who to me are all CLEARLY better than the LIZARD and COBB.

It's nice that we don't have to carry DEAD WEIGHT.....aka....SHARON'"S FRIENDS anymore to appease the snarky lil arrogant prick ))

Speaking of Aaron's buddies, is there any value left in Dalvin Cook? Surely he's not suddenly pasture material after a season on the Jersey pine.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Do you watch the games? Kraft is a fucking athlete and a baller. He does look like an elite tight end. He’s playing like one. Watch the games.
    I don't watch as much as I'd like to you but I just do not believe he is playing elite. He is showing up and certainly appears to play hard though. I like that he is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    Speaking of Aaron's buddies, is there any value left in Dalvin Cook? Surely he's not suddenly pasture material after a season on the Jersey pine.
    I think the Vikings properly saw he was declining. That's how he ended up on the Jets. Packers don't sign Viking retreads. It's the other way around.

I don't watch as much as I'd like to you but I just do not believe he is playing elite. He is showing up and certainly appears to play hard though. I like that he is tough.
    Too early to say he is elite. Rookie TE's rarely are. But he sure has taken advantage of his opportunities once given more playing time.

hahahaha The anti-homer rears his ugly head again.

The Packer situation with those two TEs reminds me of the Patriots when they had whatshisname the guy that went to prison and the other one - both quality TEs for Brady to throw to.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The comp that I've heard some of the old-timers use for Kraft is (on-field only) Mark Chmura.

I've read comps to Dallas Goedert, which I think are pretty reasonable.

Either way, I don't think he's George Kittle or Kelce. I think he could be a notch below them though, which would put him in prime-Goedert country.
    I didn't see the play, but one guy was saying he put Danielle Hunter on his ass on one play when blocking. That's good stuff.

He's come a long way in his blocking this year, the pass catching and YAC was always there - he was a monster with that at SDSU. Small school guys take a while if they ever manage to figure out the pros. His head was swimming early in the season.

Malik Heath is a poor man's Lazard. That's it.
    Bo Melton is a thrift store Jayden Reed. The speed is there, but the explosion, size and agility are so-so, not sure about his routes. He played at Rutgers which isn't a football factory and likely didn't help him, but he and Pacheco were their best players.

Randall Cobb is washed up and Lazard is limited in what he can do. I'd take the young guys because of the long term upside. Of course Aaron is going to want his dudes, he doesn't have time to wait for guys to develop and wants receivers who know how to run routes like he wants them to, even if they can't separate anymore.

Musgrave is an interesting one - he's come along and has some toughness if zero balance. He's going to fly down the seam and break some long gains; just watch. He's willing to block too, so he's no Jimmy Graham or Mike Gesicki. He's like a TE equivalent of Christian Watson, athletically speaking.

A lot of young players with plenty of upside still. Good reasons to be excited about the receivers. Now they need to work on the RBs...