Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which Players Do You Think Are Obviously GONE next year?

I think they like Preston and would do everything to keep him vs. just cut him for the cap space. He's been very good lately and solid overall this year. He's better right now than LVN or Enagbare. The draft isn't chock full of quality EDGE rushers, and he's been very healthy over his career. Seems like he's good in the locker room as well, I know Rashan values him there. Unless you think LVN is going to be substantially better or there's a drop off in Preston's play I'm not sure you let him go.

They redid his contract already, I could see them doing it again to keep him around. I think with some of the uncertainty in the secondary, you want to have a solid front line/pass rush. Gary has 9 sacks, Preston has 8. He's still worth keeping IMO. Agree you might want to rework his contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Yosh Nijman T GB UFA - GONE
    Keisean Nixon CB GB UFA Market Value GONE
    Darnell Savage S GB UFA - Signed cheap
    Johnathan Ford FS GB UFA - GONE
    David Long CB GB UFA - I don’t know who he is
    A.J. Dillon RB GB UFA Market Value signed cheap
    Eric Wilson OLB GB UFA - no clue
    Josiah Deguara TE GB UFA - GONE!!!!
    Tyler Davis TE GB UFA - GONE!!!
    Jonathan Owens SS GB UFA - Double GONE
    Zayne Anderson S GB RFA - Don’t know who he is
    Robert Rochell CB GB RFA - He’ll be in camp
    Jon Runyan G GB UFA - DOUBLE GONE
    Caleb Jones T GB ERFA - IN CAMP
    Daniel Whelan P GB ERFA - IN CAMP
    Benny Sapp III S GB ERFA - WHO KNOWS
    Patrick Taylor RB GB ERFA - IN CAMP
    Bo Melton WR GB ERFA - He’s gonna be here
    Christian Uphoff S GB UFA Don’t know who he is

Bakhtiari is gone and Jones is restructured.
    I have reassessed things with some perspective. I really think Gutes is trying to be really young and fix the cap. This is probably mostly accurate in addition to Campbell being gone.

Run, you are probably right about Alexander being locked in given his age and early in his contract. I'm just seeing a prima donna little bitch that I don't want on my team is all. He is the guy who made a handful of plays and thinks he deserves to be treated like the 15 year vet who has brought it every game. He reminds me a lot of Z to be honest. Mountain of talent, thinks thats enough.

Following my theme, I expect Preston will be gone early as well. I hope I'm wrong, but we are deep at edge and they probably view him as expendable.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

what about aaron jones being traded?

seems like lefleur has been wanting to move on for a couple years now even though jones is our best offensive player

splitting carries with dillon? stupid
    "forgettting" to put jones in the game? stupid

coach doesn't seem to think jones is as good as the rest of us do

I can't help but think Dillon's injury is in some ways good for the team. I've heard stories of GM trading players away to keep coaches from playing them, maybe Dillon's injury is effectively forcing MLF to play Aaron Jones more.
    The other thing I wonder is if someone finally told MLF that Jones might be gone and they might as well get everything they can off him while he's here. They've been riding him more than I recall these last few games.

He is a difference maker in the offense and makes life for Jordan Love much easier. I think they have to draft some better OL and a couple of RBs, and hope they can redo Jones' contract to bring him back next year as a bridge/mentor for whoever they bring in.

Preston might be gone, I just think he's got something in the tank and still playing well enough. As an edge setter he's still decent vs the run and he's not bad as a pass rusher. You can't have enough good pass rushers. I'd bring him back but only if the price is right. He's a bit expensive.