View Poll Results: WHO WAS THE MORE TALENTED/BETTER TEAM---Packers of 2022/23 or Packers of 23/23 ??

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Last years 22/23 Team was more talented/better

4 44.44%
  • This years 23/24 Team was more talented/better

5 55.56%

Thread: WHICH TEAM IS BETTER ???? PACKERS 22/23 or PACKERS 23/24 ??

Blog Entries

WHICH TEAM IS BETTER ???? PACKERS 22/23 or PACKERS 23/24 ??

Some interesting comparisons of this years GB team versus last year.

This time last year everybody was feelin a WHOLE LOTA TEXAIDE (Tex Homerism plus koolaide)

We won 4 straight...beat da Bears, Da Rams (WITH A QB), the Vikings (WITH A QB) , and the Dolphins. It was time to go finish off Detroit, and make our playoff run.

And then we shit on ourselves versus Detroit, a team who at least seemed to be on the rise

FAST FORWARD ONE YEAR LATER

The roller coaster has been interesting, but we got hot when we needed to and beat the Pathers by a second, and the Vikes (albeit without a QB)

And now we play a Bearts team, playing better, perhaps on the rise. We march back to the might Frozen Tundra, one win and we are IN. The TEXAIDE doesn't seem as strong, but I think we all feel much better about our future with the Love Machine right now than with our Karen last year.

But BIAS aside, WHICH was our stronger team....last years Pack going into the last week, or this years' Pack going into the last week ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Close, but the skill guys on offense are better this year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

This year since receivers are hugely better, tight ends are hugely better, and defense is pretty much the same + Gary is back so marginally better.

Last year's team was better because the defense was better. The Lions team they finally lost to was hot, having won 7 of 9 games. This year's team has more talent on offense, but may have to score 30 to have a chance to win because of their defense.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We should have a poll: whose polls were/are better, Joe's or Bretsky's. This again is a kinda bogus poll question. I suspect it is just agenda-driven - a backdoor attempt to throw shade on the GOAT, Rodgers.

Last year's team would have been/should have been loaded with talent except for Rodgers' injury situation as well as other injuries, etc. There was very strong expectation at the start of the season that they were the best team in the league and a definite possibility to win it all. This year's team had much lower expectations - without Rodgers, and it has proven to be loaded at most positions also. With Love playing at or near pre-2022 Rodgers level, we have a team that could possibly beat anybody in the playoffs, potentially held back only by Barry's D coaching - which, of course, was there last year too.

So all in all, talent level is about the same considering what we now know about Love. Performance-wise, it's still too soon to say.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We should have a poll: whose polls were/are better, Joe's or Bretsky's. This again is a kinda bogus poll question. I suspect it is just agenda-driven - a backdoor attempt to throw shade on the GOAT, Rodgers.

Last year's team would have been/should have been loaded with talent except for Rodgers' injury situation as well as other injuries, etc. There was very strong expectation at the start of the season that they were the best team in the league and a definite possibility to win it all. This year's team had much lower expectations - without Rodgers, and it has proven to be loaded at most positions also. With Love playing at or near pre-2022 Rodgers level, we have a team that could possibly beat anybody in the playoffs, potentially held back only by Barry's D coaching - which, of course, was there last year too.

So all in all, talent level is about the same considering what we now know about Love. Performance-wise, it's still too soon to say.

Well Joe's polls are better but tend to be more factual based. Joe likes the Elegant girl type polls and doesn't choose to stir any pot as much. Good or bad, my polls are more more spicy. I like to have one Elegant girls and add in three choices from the Oval Office to spice the decision making process up

The fact that my polls sometimes frustrate you and you are analyzing them, and occasionally complaining I didn't let you choose multiple answers......that means they are working

As for the BackDoor attempt to throw dart at your GOAT< and my Karen, you give me way too much credit. When I'm on the road I listen to sports talk shows all over, and sometimes I steal their ideas and create a poll in here.

I would actually probably lean toward Green Bay having the better team last year. High Expectations, and who knows how far we could have went had Karen not broken this thumb. Last year our Special Teams was definitely stronger. Last year our Defense played bettter and was statistically better then this year. And this year's offense was better, mostly because we severely upgraded the receiving core and have a QB (for you Tex) that is a better teammate and perhaps will spread the ball around more to the open guy instead of lock to one or two guys at times.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

One reason I went with last year's team is they faced a much tougher schedule. Last year's Packers played 8 games against teams that would make the playoffs. This year will likely be 4 or 5.

In all contexts - polls and food, I prefer the plain/can't stand spicy hahahahaha.

And Rodgers may very well be a "karen". but he's still the GOAT.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Last year's team was better because the defense was better. The Lions team they finally lost to was hot, having won 7 of 9 games. This year's team has more talent on offense, but may have to score 30 to have a chance to win because of their defense.
    What he said. Though I think this year's offense is better than last year, due to the development of the wide receivers and the addition of MusKraft.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What he said. Though I think this year's offense is better than last year, due to the development of the wide receivers and the addition of MusKraft.
    Did you coin that one? That's gooooood........

Question is "WHO WAS THE MORE TALENTED/BETTER TEAM"

IMO those are two different things:

This year's team is more talented.
    It's harder to say which team is 'better'.

I think the offense last year and earlier this year looked broken. Offense has improved, but the defense has not shown much if any improvement. Agree the schedule this year is much easier. I'd say last year's team was a little better, but the expectations were much higher and they responded with some atrocious games (the opener vs. MIN, most of Oct & Nov come to mind).

They were definitely the more disappointing team.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Did you coin that one? That's gooooood........
    I've heard 'Kraft YAC & Cheese' for #85, I kinda like that. MusKraft is fun, just like referring to Corey and Carrington as the *allentines.

I voted for last year, due to a healthier Jaire and Aaron Jones. A-Rod could have installed most of this offense if he wanted, but that would have lost him a few stars on his Field General uniform.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

I would say they are pretty close, but this team is absolutely trending upwards with fixable flaws while last years team was trending down with fatal flaws.

As run said right above me. This team has a mountain of young talent. Last yeas team had some proven vets who may have been better in that moment. The emergence of not one, but two good TEs will drive this team for a decade if they don't fuck it up.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I've heard 'Kraft YAC & Cheese' for #85, I kinda like that.
    I don’t think you can improve on how fitting that is. The fact he is good enough to warrant it in his rookie season is badazz.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Tucker Kraft in a Culver's commercial.

Tucker Kraft
    @TuckerKraft
    There really is a culvers at every Wisconsin exit and I’m here for it.
    10:30 AM · May 4, 2023
    ·
    Views

23/24. Because the QB isn't an absolute head-case.

Addition by subtraction.