Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
I only have interest in the AFC West due to regional impact. The raiders have a huge following in CA as you would imagine. No one cares about the chargers. Don’t care at all about any other unless Packers play that div. Just like I take a special interest in the NFCW due to niners, rams, seahawks, not really cards. But unlike TexasPackerBacker, who embraces and even roots for regional teams like the cowboys because “mediapukes” tell him they are “America’s team”, I am good with NFCW losing all their games and splitting ties with their div opponents.
I'm surprised you don't remember the story I told a long time ago about how I became a Cowboy fan, secondarily of course. It goes back to the NFL/AFL wars when the NFL put their expansion team in Dallas in direct competition with the Dallas Texans - owned by AFL bigwig Lamar Hunt with his tons of oil money. Like most Packer fans, I hated the AFL with a passion. I rooted for the Cowboys to succeed and the Texans to fail - which they did to some extent, leaving Dallas and becoming the KC Chiefs. Rooting for them got to be a habit, I guess. That, and I sorta respected them after the Packers beat them to get to the first two Super Bowls. That was almost a decade or so before I came (involuntarily thanks to the army) to Texas.