Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs and Duds, Packers Clinch Wildcard 2023:

The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    No Tex. No. He’s not good. I’ve watched several Bears games. He’s an elite passer and an elite runner for the position, but he has a 2 cent brain. He can’t play QB.

He rarely misses passes. When he throws it, it goes exactly where he wants it. But he can’t process the game. He’s always standing there confused. That doesn’t work.
    Maybe. I can agree, he isn't Aaron Rodgers and now Jordan Love that way (practically nobody is), but I don't see him as that bad either. To the extent that he is, blame his coaches and the lack of talent around him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!

No Tex. No. He’s not good. I’ve watched several Bears games. He’s an elite passer and an elite runner for the position, but he has a 2 cent brain. He can’t play QB.

He rarely misses passes. When he throws it, it goes exactly where he wants it. But he can’t process the game. He’s always standing there confused. That doesn’t work.
    Living in the Flatland, I’ve watched every Bears game. While a bit harsh, your evaluation is pretty spot on. All the talking heads down here are pretty much aligned. Even though he’s played well the past five games, today’s game was a stinker. He’s toast in Chicago.

So the Bears are going to ditch Fields and ruin another first round QB pick. Works for me.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    This year's draft class has been a revelation. Brooks with 3 sacks, LVN has 3 sacks, per pro football reference. Valentine looks like a serviceable player. Wooden is the odd one out but might be ok.
    Rashan Gary had 2 sacks his rookie season, so did Mike Daniels.

Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Wicks -- all look like keepers, and they might have something with Melton. Basically they got contributions from everyone except Lew Nichols, which should mean good things for their development and future.
    Wooden even had a couple of nice plays today, and one last week, I think. So maybe his arrow is pointing up, as mine is after this massive victory.

And how glorious it was to be there for the game. I loved it. Nothing like it. There with an old, good friend.

Bear fans are all nice enough, at least the ones I saw.

But the Bears still suck.

The offensive line was a stud today. Yeoman's work there.

And you've got to give Barry credit, whether you want him gone after the season or not (I still want him gone). That defense suffocated the Bears, and though they are no powerhouse offense, that was the same defense that made Tommy Cutlets look like an All Pro.

I really wonder if the coach trusts Carlson. How else to explain, with only eleven seconds left in the half, why you think you need to get five more yards before you let Carlson take another shot? They were well within an NFL-caliber field goal kicker's range. That mistake could've easily bitten them in the ass. If you insist on running one more play, don't you throw into the end zone if it's there, and throw it away and kick the FG if it's not? That seemed a dumb call.

I love watching Aaron Jones run. I do. His vision is just so damn good.

And I really like Preston Smith. He's not flashy, but he sets the edge, and makes plays against both the run and the pass. He's a professional.

I am wondering, if Isiah McDuffie gets through the concussion protocol, if Barely will start him ahead of Devondre Campbell, or if Campbell's experience gives him the nod. I kinda feel bad for Campbell. He seems like a good guy, but it gets clearer each game that he's just a shell of his former self.

Special teams was pretty poor on kickoff coverage. And Carlson's kicks were shorter than the Bears' kickers kickoffs. I am souring on Carlson. And starting to sour on Bisaccia.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!
    Don't hurt that shoulder RG.

Oh, and Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Actually, though, they didn't suck near as bad as usual.
    PFFT. They have a reputation that's mostly based on luck.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Living in the Flatland, I’ve watched every Bears game. While a bit harsh, your evaluation is pretty spot on. All the talking heads down here are pretty much aligned. Even though he’s played well the past five games, today’s game was a stinker. He’s toast in Chicago.
    Yeah I think Fields has all the physical tools and talent you could want, but he's a slow processer. At OSU he had a good OL and receivers, which helped him out as well as the level of competition. In the pros everything is faster, and the schemes are more complex.
    I do think his processing improved this season, but it's still on the slow side. I don't think he gets thru his reads fast enough. You could help him out schematically but I don't Getsy went far enough there, plus they were lacking talent outside of DJ Moore and Cole Kmet for most of the season.

He's Vince Young ish.

Is that sarcasm? He actually is good. As years go by, I could see Love and Fields as the top two QBs or close to it in the league.
    You are amazing.

*sarcasm sheldon. I know you struggle with it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.

Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.
    My position was clear to everyone except you.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

You're a pompous shithead who doesn't have the balls to come out and say much of anything.

Fields top two in the league?

ROFLMAO.

Holy shit. The lack of perspicacity is awe-inspiring.

The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.
    I wouldn't cheer for an injury.
    Admit it - it's much much more satisfying to say we beat Justin Fields than Nate Peterman.

Twitter continues to be an amazing place today.

Also - agree with the posters re: how the DJ Moore catch was a catch but the Melton TD wasn't.
    And that 4th down spot... ugh.
    Bears fans can complain about the non-roughing call, but they got plenty of favorable calls that game. You could sell me that the Rashan offsides call was iffy too - replay shows the LT was moving.

IDK what Justin Fields is top two in league in, other than maybe QB rushing yards. It sure isn't in any meaningful QB stat.

Just look at the pass attempts in a crucial game for his future. The Bears do not trust Fields to throw the football. That tells you everything you need to know about him. He's talented, but they need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Don't hurt that shoulder RG.

Oh, and Good Job!
    Haha

You know what, I’ve taken a lot of lumps in this life of mine. God damn it, if I do something as impactful on the world as rubbing the Bears noses in the stinker they layed in our living room, and amping up the rivalry…. You know what, I’m taking it. That’s my crowning achievement. That’s my high point in life. Please let me have that.

And I just want to say, I was watching the clock and situation and I was ready with the chant as soon as we hit that first down, it was on!!

Duds:

Officials. Holy shit, that was pretty bad.

I’ve never seen an ILB do this. This is first round pick from a couple years ago, Teven Jenkins

https://x.com/andyhermannfl/status/1...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

I’ve never seen an ILB do this. This is first round pick from a couple years ago, Teven Jenkins

https://x.com/andyhermannfl/status/1...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw
    I believe it was Karl Brooks (or was it Wyatt?) who schooled Jenkins on his sack as well. Jenkins is supposed to be a pretty good OG, but I didn't think he was that great Sunday.
    Somewhat unusual way to shed a block attempt, but leverage clearly won out there - Quay got lower and dished out some pain. LOL love to see it vs. the Bears.

Quay seems to be better attacking or chasing sideline to sideline vs. dropping into a zone. Like to see the aggression.