Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs and Duds, Packers Clinch Wildcard 2023:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Is that sarcasm? He actually is good. As years go by, I could see Love and Fields as the top two QBs or close to it in the league.
    You are amazing.

*sarcasm sheldon. I know you struggle with it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jayden Reed had 64 catches 793 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns this year. That’s a good starting point.
    Dontayvion Wicks 39 catches 581 yards and 4 Tuds

Watson is a pretty good player with some wow factor and Doubs has to be the best 4th receiver in the league.

Kraft and Musgrave look like players

Jlove gonna be mvp next year!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Jayden Reed had 64 catches 793 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns this year. That’s a good starting point.
    Dontayvion Wicks 39 catches 581 yards and 4 Tuds

Watson is a pretty good player with some wow factor and Doubs has to be the best 4th receiver in the league.

Kraft and Musgrave look like players

Jlove gonna be mvp next year!
    Crazy how Doubs became low man on the totem pole so quickly.

To be fair to Fields, his OL didn't help him much, and outside of Moore his receivers are kind of junky. (Mooney was out)
    That said, I think it's obvious he's not an elite starting QB. Elite in fantasy football perhaps, but not in the real game. Maybe you can trade him to a team with a better culture and they rehab him as a project, but I have serious doubts he will be much more than a better version of Marcus Mariota. Look for ATL to give up a R2 for him. IDK, maybe with an offense better suited to his skills you can win 9 games, but the Bears ain't it.

Interesting box score reading on this game. The Bears had something like 40 plays if you remove FG and punts yet only trailed TOP by about 3 minutes. They had 6 possessions, GB had 7. That is a quick game. Seems like both teams were able to move the ball on each defense, but I felt that GB outplayed them and were the better team.

Also - the reddit ChiBears is pretty hilarious right now with some drunk, angry, or depressed posters.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

Also - the reddit ChiBears is pretty hilarious right now with some drunk, angry, or depressed posters.
    That sub is a fucking riot rn. I still need to go to the Vikings sub and taste their tears, as well.

Aaron MotherFucking Jones. 'nuff said. I'm going back to drinking now.

The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.

The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.
    I wouldn't cheer for an injury.
    Admit it - it's much much more satisfying to say we beat Justin Fields than Nate Peterman.

Twitter continues to be an amazing place today.

Also - agree with the posters re: how the DJ Moore catch was a catch but the Melton TD wasn't.
    And that 4th down spot... ugh.
    Bears fans can complain about the non-roughing call, but they got plenty of favorable calls that game. You could sell me that the Rashan offsides call was iffy too - replay shows the LT was moving.

IDK what Justin Fields is top two in league in, other than maybe QB rushing yards. It sure isn't in any meaningful QB stat.

I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!

I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!
    Don't hurt that shoulder RG.

Oh, and Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Don't hurt that shoulder RG.

Oh, and Good Job!
    Haha

You know what, I’ve taken a lot of lumps in this life of mine. God damn it, if I do something as impactful on the world as rubbing the Bears noses in the stinker they layed in our living room, and amping up the rivalry…. You know what, I’m taking it. That’s my crowning achievement. That’s my high point in life. Please let me have that.

And I just want to say, I was watching the clock and situation and I was ready with the chant as soon as we hit that first down, it was on!!

So the Bears are going to ditch Fields and ruin another first round QB pick. Works for me.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.
    My position was clear to everyone except you.

You're a pompous shithead who doesn't have the balls to come out and say much of anything.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Fields top two in the league?

ROFLMAO.

Holy shit. The lack of perspicacity is awe-inspiring.

Just look at the pass attempts in a crucial game for his future. The Bears do not trust Fields to throw the football. That tells you everything you need to know about him. He's talented, but they need to move on.

Duds:

Officials. Holy shit, that was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Duds:

Officials. Holy shit, that was pretty bad.
    Yes, yes the refs were bad. Numerous calls both ways - but moreso favoring the Bears IMO - in that game.

Never forget: refs are part-timers who just work weekends for the NFL. It's not their full time job; a lot of them are attorneys, entrepreneurs, or IT pros.

I’ve never seen an ILB do this. This is first round pick from a couple years ago, Teven Jenkins

https://x.com/andyhermannfl/status/1...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw