Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers Beat F***in' Bears

More Banjo - Packers Beat F***in' Bears

Jordan Love - 27-32, 316 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 lost fumble, Passer rating 128.6
    Aaron Jones - 141 total yards.

Jayden Reed - 4 catches, 112 yards

Bo Melton - 5 catches, 62 yards

Wicks - 6 catches, 61 yards, 2 TD

Karl Brooks and Enagbare with 2 TFL each

Defense with 5 sacks.

Discuss.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

great win for such a young team

i think they said early in the game that we would be the youngest team ever to make the playoffs

I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The NFL certainly wants Stafford-Pussies, Packers-McCarthy next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.
    Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The NFL certainly wants Stafford-Pussies, Packers-McCarthy next week.
    And so it is.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    No punts today.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No punts today.
    Bobble knew that - that there would be zero punts - so he took the over.

Good thing I ain’t a gambler like Bobble.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.
    Yeah the Bears hung around a lot longer than they should have. Give them credit for being a tough out - I think they will be on the rise as well, and we could have a real rivalry with them once again.
    I thought the refs called a weird game. Reviews and calls did not go GBs way often.

Justin Fields and Co. didn't run wild, and DJ Moore didn't go off for crazy yardage either. Seems like they had Valentine on him quite a bit, which should have been a mismatch. The pass rush got to Fields -- seemed like Preston, Brooks, and others were bothering him while also providing some level of contain on him and rushing his mental clock. Flowers for Barry for actually calling some aggressive plays and containing an offense who put up 27 or more points in 3 of their previous 4 games. That said, the defense still has weaknesses and I don't trust them. Even on that 3rd and 22 late in the game I was nervous. Nice end to his tenure here, but it should be enough to keep him. (PLEASE DON'T KEEP HIM)

Lots of stars on the offense today - Jones, Reed, Wicks, etc. OL held up pretty well against an improving front. 1 sack on Love and his jersey looked pretty clean today.
    Speaking of Jordan Love, his star is certainly rising. Completing just over 84% of your passes and not throwing a pick against a team that's been very ballhawking lately - on over 30 attempts - is really astonishing. If he plays like this going forward, they are a threat to win any game.

Barry was dialing up some blitzes today. He knew Fields isn't good enough reading a D to check out of it.

From the Bears subReddit; comedy Gold:

"My hot take: Jordan Love isn't as good as people think. His offensive line just gives him a million fucking years to throw."

"It’s not a hot take. Well blocked for and coached. Got 4 full seasons to memorize a playbook. I would not be surprised to see a Mac Jones 2nd year slump"

LOL. The delusion is breath-taking.

Packers will play 3:30 Sunday.

I don't think GB has much of a chance on the road vs. Dallas, but I'm just enjoying the win, especially since it's vs. the Bears.

LOL at Mac Jones 2nd year slump.
    It's entirely possible Jordan Love is having a career year, but I doubt it. Jordan Love is surrounded by better talent, and is in a scheme that he has shown he can perform well in. His decision making and arm talent are better than Jones. His OL, his receivers, etc. are better. I'd take MLF over Bill O'Brien for an OC any day. Mac Jones did well with Josh McDaniels, and sucked when he left, so there's that. I suspect talent and coaching have caused Mac Jones to turn into a garbage QB; I don't think GB will make those mistakes with Jordan Love.

We do have a chance against Dallas. They rush the passer well, but when our line is on, they’re pretty good. We have a shot.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

we're playing with house money at this point IMO

i went into this season with zero expectations other then to see some improvement over the course of the season from love and some of the other young guys

in no way was i expecting a playoff team and an MVP caliber QB, with a shit ton of young exciting rookie playmakers

who knows if we can win next week, but this season has already been an incredible success in my book

Man it must suck to be a bears fan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We do have a chance against Dallas. They rush the passer well, but when our line is on, they’re pretty good. We have a shot.
    O.A.D.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Man it must suck to be a bears fan.
    The Bears and Vikings subReddits are a delicious firehose of Schadenfreude, rn.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The Bears and Vikings subReddits are a delicious firehose of Schadenfreude, rn.
    gotta suck being a bears fan and knowing that we have found our 3rd straight QB that is better then any bear QB in history

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    gotta suck being a bears fan and knowing that we have found our 3rd straight QB that is better then any bear QB in history
    LOL. Yes. And they are acutely aware of it.