Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers Beat F***in' Bears

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers will play 3:30 Sunday.
    Fuck! I was hoping for a Saturday game.

If the Packers lose - and there’s a high probability they will lose - I will be too bummed to flip burgers and will have to call in yet again.. I am inches away from getting canned.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    O.A.D.
    ? What is OAD?

^One and done.

They're playing with house money. I think they are gonna beat Dallas or maybe lose by like 3 or something. The D matches up well with what Dallas likes to do IMO. Gonna be a high scoring affair.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We do have a chance against Dallas. They rush the passer well, but when our line is on, they’re pretty good. We have a shot.
    100% agree. Definitely more than a puncher’s chance. Love is already better than Dak. The pressure is all on cowboys to not choke another SB run away. Pack will get to play spoiler in the playoffs which is a welcome change IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    ? What is OAD?
    Bretsky when he gets a hardon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    ? What is OAD?
    It's the other acronym that I've used a few times to describe, our playoff fate if we happen to slip in
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The defense has looked better with 26 back. Getting Ford off the field has helped a lot.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I read through 15 pages of Gameday and 2 pages of Banjo, and no mention of the chant. That was absolutely fantastic when the crowd on national TV started chanting BEARS STILL SUCK hahahahaha. Actually they sucked a lot less than usual today.

I really like the way LaFleur is running the offense late in the season. And Love, he is getting better and better at reading the D and passing it. The kid seems to really learn from mistakes. Hence, I think he will do a better job of not fumbling from here on.

With just a few exceptions, Barry's D did and exceptional job, but as I said in the other thread, it was the Bears. Still, they are one of the top running teams in the league, and Fields is damn good.

We should have won this game by more. The Packers are gonna have to clean up the mistakes if they are gonna have a chance against the Cowboys.

I just saw RG's post about Ford. He has done a damn good job, and even though Savage was ok today, Ford IMO has greatly outplayed him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I read through 15 pages of Gameday and 2 pages of Banjo, and no mention of the chant. That was absolutely fantastic when the crowd on national TV started chanting BEARS STILL SUCK hahahahaha. Actually they sucked a lot less than usual today.

I really like the way LaFleur is running the offense late in the season. And Love, he is getting better and better at reading the D and passing it. The kid seems to really learn from mistakes. Hence, I think he will do a better job of not fumbling from here on.

With just a few exceptions, Barry's D did and exceptional job, but as I said in the other thread, it was the Bears. Still, they are one of the top running teams in the league, and Fields is damn good.

We should have won this game by more. The Packers are gonna have to clean up the mistakes if they are gonna have a chance against the Cowboys.
    I was there and I feel like I started that chant at the end of the game, I’m serious!! I’m pretty sure I got that going

As soon as I realize we could kneel down, I started the chant

Then I'll put YOU on the stud list hahahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers will play 3:30 Sunday.
    I was a bit surprised that this one didn't go to Peacock to grab the big fan bases of the Packers and the Cowboys. But maybe they are hoping for Tay-Tay to bring in the audience.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Just a couple items I didn't see mentioned elsewhere on this site:

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere Online
    Aaron Jones became the first player since (Batman!) Ahman Green in 2006 to rush for 100 or more yards in three straight games

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain's Thoughts
    Dontayvion Jaquain Wicks has this really devastating shake n bake move and he used it at least twice
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Just a couple items I didn't see mentioned elsewhere on this site:
    “John” Wicks looks like a poor man’s version of that furious assassin, Tae Adams. Wicks’ lack of handsomeness even resembles that of Adams’. Sure, we all wish we could look as handsome as Ryan Grant, but there ain’t ever been a correlation between looks and game.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Best, worst PFF scores.

Top 5 offense

1. QB Jordan Love: 83.0
    2. RG Jon Runyan Jr.: 81.0
    3. RB Aaron Jones: 80.4
    4. WR Bo Melton: 77.7
    5. WR Dontayvion Wicks: 76.6

Love chewed up the Bears from clean pockets, under pressure, against the blitz and off play-action. He was dinged for two turnover worthy plays, but he also completed eight passes of 10 or more yards. Runyan Jr. didn’t give up a pressure and was the team’s highest-graded run blocker over 31 snaps. Jones forced seven missed tackles and had four runs of 10 or more yards, and he created 10 first downs overall. Melton caught five passes for 62 yards on 25 routes run. He had a touchdown reversed on replay. Wicks caught two touchdown passes, two contested catches and averaged 2.26 yards per route run.

Top 5 defense

1. DL Karl Brooks: 89.4
    2. LB Quay Walker: 76.1
    3. DL Kenny Clark: 75.9
    4. CB Jaire Alexander: 74.9
    5. DL T.J. Slaton: 71.0

Brooks had three pressures, including a sack, and he finished with two tackles for losses over 17 snaps. Walker missed two tackles but produced three pressures, including a sack, and three stops. Clark led the team with five pressures. Alexander had a run stop and a pass breakup and gave up just one catch in coverage. Slaton added another run stop.

Bottom 5 offense

1. WR Romeo Doubs: 53.6
    2. TE Ben Sims: 55.9
    3. RB Patrick Taylor: 56.1
    4. WR Malik Heath: 56.7
    5. RG Sean Rhyan: 61.1

Doubs was unable to make a contested catch for a touchdown, and he left due to injury after 11 snaps. Sims didn’t have a target in the passing game and was only average as a run blocker. Taylor played 11 snaps but didn’t have a carry or a target. Heath was targeted four times and generated nine receiving yards over 10 routes. Rhyan was perfect in pass protection but received poor run blocking grades over his 31 snaps at right guard.

Bottom 5 defense

1. OLB Lukas Van Ness: 44.2
    2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 44.9
    3. DL Devonte Wyatt: 50.9
    4. CB Carrington Valentine: 54.1
    5. CB Keisean Nixon: 62.0

Van Ness had a sack and a run stop, but he earned poor run defense grades over seven run-defending snaps on the edge. Enagbare had a hurry and a tackle for loss but got dinged for allowing a completion in coverage. Wyatt had four pressures, including a sack, but he missed another tackle and was below average against the run. Valentine broke up a pass but was charged with giving up three catches for 32 yards. Nixon allowed one explosive play but was otherwise solid.

Special teams

The Packers didn’t have a penalty on special teams and missed only one tackle (by running back Patrick Taylor). Jonathan Owens, Kristian Welch, Zayne Anderson and Robert Rochell all had tackles covering kickoffs, and Welch earned the top special teams grade overall. In the return game, Jayden Reed made two fair catches and Keisean Nixon returned one kick for 21 yards. Anders Carlson missed a field goal from 41 yards. Daniel Whelan wasn’t needed to punt.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 83.0

Love completed 24 of 29 passes from clean pockets, 3 of 3 passes under pressure and 5 of 5 passes against the blitz. He had three “big time throws” and two “turnover worthy plays.” On throws over 10 yards, Love was 8-for-11. On throws off play-action, he was 8 of 8 for 148 yards and a touchdown. He got dinged for losing a fumble, and his heave into the end zone late in the first half was nearly intercepted. Love’s 90.3 passing grade was his third highest of the season overall.

Stat to know

Jordan Love was under pressure on just four of 34 dropbacks, or 11.8 percent. Justin Fields was under pressure on 15 of his 24 dropbacks, or 62.5 percent. The final sack total was Packers 5, Bears 1. Winning the pressure battle remains a big piece of the puzzle when it comes to playing winning football.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    SOME COOL INSIDE TIDBITS from WILDE and TAUCH and INSIDERS

Before the game was even over, as Love was giving the ball up the Flower was sprinting out to give the Love Machine a big hug. Both felt this team was hands down the Flowers' fave

After the game, Wicks dedicated his season to his ex teammate from last year who was shot and killed...I think on the team bus after a game

Fun celebration to watch for Wilde after the game
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The OC deserves some credit for getting the OL performing. They have been pretty good the past 8 weeks or so. He took a lot of heat last year for the stinker after so many great years. Good to see a bounce back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SOME COOL INSIDE TIDBITS from WILDE and TAUCH and INSIDERS

Before the game was even over, as Love was giving the ball up the Flower was sprinting out to give the Love Machine a big hug. Both felt this team was hands down the Flowers' fave

After the game, Wicks dedicated his season to his ex teammate from last year who was shot and killed...I think on the team bus after a game

Fun celebration to watch for Wilde after the game
    Getting to the playoffs without savior rodgers would’ve been a big accomplishment on its own. Doing it the first season he’s gone with what was considered a lesser team than last year is even more impressive. If you think about it both of his ex coaches doing pretty decent…

Don't know why it is locked. I wanted to add this:

Immaturity reigns in the Bears locker room. The players are as bad as the fans:

Chicago Bears safety Jaquan Brisker had some critical thoughts about the Green Bay Packers after Sunday's 17-9 loss at Lambeau Field, and don't think Packers players didn't notice.

“I felt like we could have tightened up on the receivers a lot more than we did today," Brisker told reporters in the locker room afterward, according to Mart Grote, a reporter from The Score radio in Chicago. "We gave them too much room and I really have no respect for them at all, just to be honest.

“No one’s over there. No respect. They have no stars over there. They try to play a little fake tough.”
    As Aaron Jones, Preston Smith and others pointed out, it was his job to cover the receivers.

In short, he is insulting himself.