Thread: 2024 Black Monday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't know what to make of this one. The SF defense was not as dominating as it has been in the past, but is that the DC or are the players getting long in the tooth, or is it just the changing roster? I don't follow them enough to know.

Tough spot for Wilkes to get a job. Everyone else looking for a DC has found one. He'll probably have to coach a position somewhere for a year. Any openings in Green Bay? Don't even know the dude's background, don't know what position group he'd coach.

Shanny's offense didn't exactly light it up in the second half, either, did it?

He's got a poopy Super Bowl record now, doesn't he?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Tough spot for Wilkes to get a job. Everyone else looking for a DC has found one. He'll probably have to coach a position somewhere for a year. Any openings in Green Bay? Don't even know the dude's background, don't know what position group he'd coach.
    That'sa real interesting thought. Aside from his stints as DC and head coach, he has about 12-13 years experience I think exclusively as a defensive backs/secondary coach - for several DI andpor teams. Other than the 4 times he had to defend Rodgers as the Bears' secondary coach, I assume he's done well at those positions, because they all seemed to lead to DC and HC gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't know what to make of this one. The SF defense was not as dominating as it has been in the past, but is that the DC or are the players getting long in the tooth, or is it just the changing roster? I don't follow them enough to know.

Shanny's offense didn't exactly light it up in the second half, either, did it?

He's got a poopy Super Bowl record now, doesn't he?
    This is simply the consequence of being such a good coach you get Jimmy G and Mr. Irrelevant to the Owl.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.