Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Black Monday Thread

2024 Black Monday Thread

Gonna' be a blood bath this year, I think.

Report is that Arthur Smith is out in Atlanta.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Drama queen Harbaugh will flirt but end up back at UM. Where's there a better job? Maybe Atlanta but no way am I taking the Chargers gig omg.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Drama queen Harbaugh will flirt but end up back at UM. Where's there a better job? Maybe Atlanta but no way am I taking the Chargers gig omg.
    Please no. I can't stand Harbaugh's "poor me the victim" routine after he (regularly) gets busted for violating the rules. That whole "us against everybody" crap just drives me up a wall. Eff you Harbaugh. I know college football is just a big money machine any more, which it mostly always was, but let's drop the pretense that you're molding these young men into solid citizens. That's a joke.

Yup, I think Harbaugh's going to jump off the sinking ship at U of M and coach in the NFL, and let some other coach take the brunt of the punishment they'll receive for Harbaugh's sins. That would be just like him.

Is the Panthers' owner going to fire his interim guy now? Maybe throw a drink on him on the way out. There must be some unspoken NFL rule that the NFL must have at least one douchebag owner, and since Snyder's gone, this guy has taken on the mantle.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So far this year:

Atlanta Falcons: Fired head coach Arthur Smith January 8.

Carolina Panthers: Fired head coach Frank Reich November 27. Named Chris Tabor as interim head coach.

Las Vegas Raiders: Fired head coach Josh McDaniels and General Manager Dave Ziegler on October 31. Named Antonio Pierce as interim head coach and Champ Kelly as interim G.M.

Los Angeles Chargers: Fired head coach Brandon Staley and General Manager Tom Telesco on December 15. Named Giff Smith as interim head coach and JoJo Wooden as interim G.M.

Ron Rivera out at Washington. He could be in demand as a DC candidate.

In a sweeping overhaul of the franchise's football leadership that started with the dismissal of coach Ron Rivera on Monday morning, Washington Commanders owner Josh Harris has hired two prominent executives - ex-Golden State Warriors general manager Bob Myers and ex-Minnesota Vikings GM Rick Spielman -- to assist his ownership group with searches for a new head of football operations and a head coach, franchise officials told ESPN.

Scott Fitterer out as GM of Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Scott Fitterer out as GM of Panthers.
    Wink Martindale OUT as both host of Tic Tac Dough AND Giants' defensive coordinator.

He could garner interest from both Jeopardy and the Green Bay Packers.

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If the Chargers were still in SD I'd coach them for housing allowance. In LA...yea, garbage.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quiet day. So HC vacancies are:

Atlanta
    Carolina
    Las Vegas
    LA Chargers
    Washington

Still to hear about New England.

Wow, Mike Vrabel out of Tennessee ….maybe he’ll be the next Patriots Head Coach
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-09-2024 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Wow, Mike Vrabel out of Tennessee ….maybe he’ll be the next Patriots Head Coach
    Or maybe Belichick stays and Vrabel joins him there. Vrabel had 4 winning seasons followed by 2 losing seasons. NFL is very unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Quiet day. So HC vacancies are:

Atlanta
    Carolina
    Las Vegas
    LA Chargers
    Washington
    Tennessee
    Still to hear about New England.
    Anew addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or maybe Belichick stays and Vrabel joins him there. Vrabel had 4 winning seasons followed by 2 losing seasons. NFL is very unforgiving.
    A little surprised Vrabel is gone, but it's tough to survive two losing seasons as a HC in the NFL.
    He'll land somewhere as a DC if he wants to and be back in HC consideration soon enough.

I think Vrabel wanted out, that was the rumor anyway. If the choice is Jerrod Mayo (unproven) or Mike Vrabel (proven) I'd go MV in a heartbeat.

I'm a little disheartened this morning. The packers are going to be the last team standing and its possible all the good DC candidates will have jobs before we are done winning the Owl.

More sarcasm? If in fact we are the "last team standing", it likely will be at the painful cost of retaining Joe Barry. Beyond that, though, on the chance that Barry is gone, yeah, maybe all the oldies like Martindale etc. will be gone, but what we we would be a lot better off with IMO is a young innovative energetic DC. Also IMO, we should have a DC who shakes things up and changes the system. That, however, likely ain't gonna happen because LaFleur apparently likes the system currently in place.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm a little disheartened this morning. The packers are going to be the last team standing and its possible all the good DC candidates will have jobs before we are done winning the Owl.
    On Wilde and Tausch (and they detest Barry) they declared Joe Barry as one of the big winners in the past two weeks and noted he's made a ton of adjustments and is AGAIN making his last season surge to keep his job

It's what y'll wanted )
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    On Wilde and Tausch (and they detest Barry) they declared Joe Barry as one of the big winners in the past two weeks and noted he's made a ton of adjustments and is AGAIN making his last season surge to keep his job

It's what y'll wanted )
    MLF said after the Tampa Bay game that he needed to spend more time with the defense. So there might be some question as to whether the changes are primarily Barry's idea or MLF's.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    More sarcasm? If in fact we are the "last team standing", it likely will be at the painful cost of retaining Joe Barry. Beyond that, though, on the chance that Barry is gone, yeah, maybe all the oldies like Martindale etc. will be gone, but what we we would be a lot better off with IMO is a young innovative energetic DC. Also IMO, we should have a DC who shakes things up and changes the system. That, however, likely ain't gonna happen because LaFleur apparently likes the system currently in place.
    Some sarcasm. Some desperate hope. Some light hearted humor. Take from it whatever makes you smile.