Thread: 2024 Black Monday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Are you knocking Barry Alvarez? He (actually Pat Richter who hired him) turned around Wisconsin football from decades of rottenness to over three decades now and continuing of a high level. And arguably he has done the same for basketball with the coaches he hired. He damn well should have a statue.
    Alvarez is overrated.

How many National Title has he won? Granted, without a fair playoffs system, National Champs is kinda phony. But Wisconsin was never a consistent National Title contender under Alvarez.

Fat Barry’s inability to recruit hotshot QBs played a large role in Wisconsin’s failure to win a National Title. Hell, Alvarez’s legacy is supposedly getting Wisconsin out of football hell, and the program still can’t recruit hotshot QBs.

I guess with all the frogskins from playing in Rose Bowls/Brazzers Dot Com Bowls - not National Title games - Wisconsin affording to commission a statue of Fat Barry ain’t a problem.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Alvarez is overrated.

How many National Title has he won? Granted, without a fair playoffs system, National Champs is kinda phony. But Wisconsin was never a consistent National Title contender under Alvarez.

Fat Barry’s inability to recruit hotshot QBs played a large role in Wisconsin’s failure to win a National Title. Hell, Alvarez’s legacy is supposedly getting Wisconsin out of football hell, and the program still can’t recruit hotshot QBs.

I guess with all the frogskins from playing in Rose Bowls/Brazzers Dot Com Bowls - not National Title games - Wisconsin affording to commission a statue of Fat Barry ain’t a problem.
    Tank used to post his bullshit story that Barry Alvarez wouldn't sign him to UW bc Tank had a black girlfriend! A month or so ago, he posted that the Black girls in HS wouldn't talk to him bc he (Tank) wasn't Black. That ain't why they wouldn't chat, it was bc you are a goof.

Tank also claimed on Sportsbubbler that he was a HS phenom who ran a 4.39 40. A guy who recruited Wisconsin for college chimed in that Nobody in that area ran a swift 40 like that. Maybe Tank did do it, he's a Nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Tank used to post his bullshit story that Barry Alvarez wouldn't sign him to UW bc Tank had a black girlfriend! A month or so ago, he posted that the Black girls in HS wouldn't talk to him bc he (Tank) wasn't Black. That ain't why they wouldn't chat, it was bc you are a goof.

Tank also claimed on Sportsbubbler that he was a HS phenom who ran a 4.39 40. A guy who recruited Wisconsin for college chimed in that Nobody in that area ran a swift 40 like that. Maybe Tank did do it, he's a Nobody!
    Maybe in sandals on his school's Pro Day.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.