Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
I heard Pete Carroll was retiring from coaching because he's 70, and taking on an advisory role with the Seahawks... so, not fired.

Belichick was a mild surprise. Based on the more recent rumblings, there was a chance he'd stay if he gave up the GM duties, and it sounded like he was open to it. BB is pretty old too and after 20 some years with NE probably is ready to be done. He'll be a first ballot HOF no matter what grudges anyone in the press might have with him.

Nick Saban retiring from Alabama was a bit of a surprise, but I think he's done too. When you're worshipped as a CFB HC no need for the NFL grind.

I have heard that a lot of CFB coaches are absolutely fed up with the NIL and the transfer portal stuff, so maybe some younger CFB coaches try to break into the NFL.

How many job openings were there last year? I can only think of DEN, CAR, IND ,HOU, and ARI (or was ARI the year before?), so it's a few more job openings than last year.
Pete was very clear that his first choice was to continue coaching, but the team "asked nicely" for him to step down into his new role. He was fired.