Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Black Monday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    On Wilde and Tausch (and they detest Barry) they declared Joe Barry as one of the big winners in the past two weeks and noted he's made a ton of adjustments and is AGAIN making his last season surge to keep his job

It's what y'll wanted )
    At least in this game we were playing more man and letting our athletes be athletes. We also ran a couple DL stunts which I haven't noticed all year. If it was 2 weeks running and I didn't notice I blame alcohol.....and weed.....and shrooms. Ok, maybe a bump or 2 of coke as well....Just a rail though. I'm not a junkie after all.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

The #Bears fired OC Luke Getsy and other members of the offensive staff, sources tell me and @RapSheet.
    Bears keeping Eberflus but firing Getsy and his staff. Could this mean Getsy is getting the blame for Fields, and they will keep Fields? Or do they just think he couldn't do the job and won't give him a shot at Caleb Williams?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

How can da Bears think Fields is their future after watching that last game? They guy just can't seem to keep his eyes downfield - he gets too caught up in what's happening right around him.

Plus, if they do keep him, they've got to re-up him, and with the QB money being as crazy as it is, you're going to be spending a HUGE amount of your salary cap for him while you draft the thirty rookies in the next two drafts that you're going to get for trading that #1 pick. And it's still a QB league. I just do not see how they can think he's "the guy" when they are positioned to pick Williams or Mayes. How often does a team get the #1 overall pick in a year there are two really, really good QB prospects?

Unless they like Penix or Nix or someone else better. Then they could trade out of that #1 spot, get a bazillion picks, and then go get whichever QB they like.

On top of that, then your QB is on a rookie contract for five years.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Bears will almost certainly take Caleb Williams because noboddy is getting fired for taking him, and there's a good chance that if Fields doesn't work out they are getting fired. Administration has 1-2 year guaranteed with Fields, they have 3-4 with Williams. The answer is obvious IMO.

I agree that the logical thing is to get rid of Fields and draft Caleb Williams. But don't ever underestimate the ability of the Bears to make the wrong decision at quarterback.

Wow! Did anyone see this coming?

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Bombshell: Pete Carroll is out as #Seahawks coach, per sources.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    How can da Bears think Fields is their future after watching that last game? They guy just can't seem to keep his eyes downfield - he gets too caught up in what's happening right around him.

Plus, if they do keep him, they've got to re-up him, and with the QB money being as crazy as it is, you're going to be spending a HUGE amount of your salary cap for him while you draft the thirty rookies in the next two drafts that you're going to get for trading that #1 pick. And it's still a QB league. I just do not see how they can think he's "the guy" when they are positioned to pick Williams or Mayes. How often does a team get the #1 overall pick in a year there are two really, really good QB prospects?

Unless they like Penix or Nix or someone else better. Then they could trade out of that #1 spot, get a bazillion picks, and then go get whichever QB they like.

On top of that, then your QB is on a rookie contract for five years.
    Rich Gannon was talking about this on NFL radio today.

His solution was draft Williams, let him sit for a year behind Fields. If Fields plays well in 24, you trade Williams for picks. If Fields plays like he usually does, you let Fields walk and hope someone else offers him a nice contract and get a comp pick.

Rich also stated that CHI is way behind all of the NFC N starters at QB if Cousins comes back fro the Vikings.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Vacancies growing:

Atlanta
    Carolina
    Las Vegas
    LA Chargers
    Washington
    Tennessee
    Seattle
    Still to hear about New England.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Rich Gannon was talking about this on NFL radio today.

His solution was draft Williams, let him sit for a year behind Fields. If Fields plays well in 24, you trade Williams for picks. If Fields plays like he usually does, you let Fields walk and hope someone else offers him a nice contract and get a comp pick.

Rich also stated that CHI is way behind all of the NFC N starters at QB if Cousins comes back fro the Vikings.
    This totally makes sense, so be ready for the Bears to do something totally irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Staying on in an advisory role. Interesting.

I wonder if it's age related? The 'hawks overachieved last year and maybe underachieved a bit this year. Tough division.

Maybe they are getting that dude from Tennessee. Low key also think Seattle is a great spot for Fields too.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I wonder if it's age related? The 'hawks overachieved last year and maybe underachieved a bit this year. Tough division.

Maybe they are getting that dude from Tennessee. Low key also think Seattle is a great spot for Fields too.
    A lot of people think Dan Quinn will be going back to Seattle.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Just saw it, the reason I stopped in. I hadn't even heard a whisper about him being removed.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Wow, this one comes as a surprise.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Pete Carroll's retirement press conference was awesome. More teams should give an exiting coach a presser. It feels like the Packers really did McCarthy dirty a few years back. Pete Carroll seems like a genuinely good person. One of the few dudes to win a SB and an NCAA.

Pete Carroll was a damn cheat. He fled USC after getting them banned from bowls for a few years. He was a piece of shit with Seattle also. Good riddance.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I’m with Tex on this one. Pete Carroll cheated at USC and just before the university was about to get nailed, the rat jumped off the ship so he wouldn’t have to coach through the sanctions the NCAA dropped on the program.

He’s probably a role model for Jim Harbaugh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It’s official, Bill Belichick out of New England.

Presser at Noon. Everyone is wondering if Bill will show any emotion - I doubt it.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-11-2024 at 07:48 AM.

Vacancies growing:

Atlanta
    Carolina
    Las Vegas
    LA Chargers
    Washington
    Tennessee
    Seattle
    New England.

Is this the most ever at one time?