Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Packer lead all-time series 31-17. 17-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs.

Last meeting: November 13, 2022. Packers defeated the Cowboys 31-28 in overtime at Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers threw for 224 yards and 3 TD's. Christian Watson had 4 catches for 107 yards and 3 TD's. Aaron Jones rushed 24 times for 138 yards and 1 TD. For Dallas, Dak Prescott passed for 265 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's. CeeDee Lamb had 11 catches for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

Last meeting in a playoff game: January 15, 2017. Packers defeated Cowboys 34-31 in Dallas. Aaron Rodgers threw for 355 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT. Jared Cook caught 6 passes for 103 yards and 1 TD. Dak Prescott threw for 302 yards with 3 TD's and 1 INT. Dez Bryant had 9 catches for 132 yards and 2 TD's. Ezekiel Elliott rushed 22 times for 125 yards. Mason Crosby kicked a 51 yard FG for the win as time expired after Packers drove into FG position in last 35 seconds.

Offensively, Cowboys are 1st in points scored and 5th in yards gained. Dak Prescott has thrown for 4516 yards with 35 TD passes and 9 INT's. CeeDee Lamb has caught 135 passes for 1749 yards and 12 TD's. Tony Pollard has rushed for 1005 yards and 6 TD's.

Defensively, Cowboys rank 5th in both points scored and yards allowed Opponents have thrown for 3185 yards with 21 TD's and 17 INT's. DaRon Bland has 9 INT's, 5 of which have been returned for TD's. Cowboys have sacked opposing QB's 46 times, led by Micah Parsons with 14. Opponents have rushed for 1910 yards and 14 TD's, averaging 4.2 YPC.

Cowboys favored by 7.5.
    Moneyline: Cowboys -350, Packers +275
    Over/under: 49.5
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Packers need to be able to run the ball and shorten the game. We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with the Cowgirls.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Packers need to be able to run the ball and shorten the game. We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with the Cowgirls.
    Correct. Good news is teams have been able to run some on the Cowboys, and Aaron Jones is on a roll. Would be nice to get Dillon back too.

Puncher's chance.......

..... and Fat Mike is the opposite HC.

Let Jaire man up on what's-his-name and bring the heat the rest of the way. I think the Packers are gonna win.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If we play zone and don't get pressure we will get destroyed, man up and get pressure and Dak will fold.

Love needs to make the throws and the boys need to make the contested catches. Jones with a 100 yard day will be critical.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    If we play zone and don't get pressure we will get destroyed, man up and get pressure and Dak will fold.

Love needs to make the throws and the boys need to make the contested catches. Jones with a 100 yard day will be critical.
    This is one of the keys to the game. Dak can be had if you get in his grill early.

Too soon to tell, but my impression is Love handles heat pretty well.

I'm starting to feel some confidence, here.

Last year Jones and Dillon combined had 37 rushes for over 200 yards. Rodgers only threw 20 passes. That's how you beat the Cowboys. Lions nearly pulled it off couple of weeks ago.

It's likely gonna be a shoot out. I think our offense can win it - unless Barry's defense just doesn't give up a bunch of big plays.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Barry's D will absolutely hemorrhage yards. I think DAL is the better team, but Packers are hot and momentum means a lot in the playoffs. Agree DAL D is not great vs. the run and Aaron Jones has been on a tear lately.

I expect DAL wins but GB shows plenty of fight.

Packers were 3-6 and coming off 5 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys last year. I think a win this Sunday would be less of an upset than that despite what the point spread says.

Packers are 4-0 at AT&T Stadium. 5-0 if you include Super Bowl.

Packers are 100-1 to win the Owl. I dropped a C note.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You will get 10Gs? Where can I drop a $10 for me and tank?

This is a fun match up. The No-Rodgers Bowl pits just LeFleur vs M3 for the first time ever!

Who burns the first seemingly unnecessary timeout? McCarthy or Lafleur?

Who wastes a challenge on a call we all agree after 3 seconds wasn’t worth challenging.

I just watched some Cowboys tape. The interior of the OL is amazing. It’s so easy for Dak to climb the pocket and complete passes. The tackles aren’t as good by what I saw at a glance, but it doesn’t matter because there is a soft spot to step up almost every play.

Parsons is different from anyone Rasheed has seen. I worry quite a bit about that matchup. Tom kind of matched well to Parsons with the athleticism, but I don’t know if Rasheed can get out there fast enough to slow him down. We’ll see.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I looked at off grades of the cowboys interior lineman and they were just good starters. All 3. I guess all three good starters works in the NFL more than a stud, a good, and a weak link.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

If we can’t get to Prescott then forget about it, there’s no if’s, and’s or but’s about it.
    If Dak is able to sit back and throw without being harassed in some sort of way then I’d safely plop the COWPUNG’s over/under up on the betting board at 35 points, and you’re smoking giant Weed doobies if you think the Packers can put up 35 plus points Sunday.

A diehard Cowboy’s fan texted me this yesterday and it makes perfect sense:
    “Yeah if you give Dak time, just like any good QB, he will make you pay.”
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-09-2024 at 11:25 AM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Who wastes a challenge on a call we all agree after 3 seconds wasn’t worth challenging.
    A whistle making company could sponsor Sundays game just to call it the Time-Out Bowl.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    LDD!

Love
    Does
    Dallas
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.