Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    But honestly, if there’s a running back who’s built to shred up this kind of penetrating defense, it’s Aaron Jones. Jones can avoid contact and get moving real quick there after.

For the most part we have a smaller, more athletic line. I think that helps out against smaller penetrating types.

I don’t know how that all fits together, but I know it’s not as simple as Dallas small, Dallas can’t stop run.

They’re a damn good defense. It’s a huge test for us.

I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs
    Aaron Jones has been a Cowboy killer. In 3 games over 460 total yards and 6 TD's. He got healthy at just the right time.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

In the Cowboys 5 losses, twice they have given up over 200 yards rushing, and another one 170. Packers can win if Jones and/or Dillon have a big game. Just like last year.

If we can’t get to Prescott then forget about it, there’s no if’s, and’s or but’s about it.
    If Dak is able to sit back and throw without being harassed in some sort of way then I’d safely plop the COWPUNG’s over/under up on the betting board at 35 points, and you’re smoking giant Weed doobies if you think the Packers can put up 35 plus points Sunday.

A diehard Cowboy’s fan texted me this yesterday and it makes perfect sense:
    “Yeah if you give Dak time, just like any good QB, he will make you pay.”
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-09-2024 at 11:25 AM.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    LDD!

Love
    Does
    Dallas
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I've watched literally all the Dallas games. A few things I've noticed:

Parson lines up all over, inside and outside. He's good against the run too, but he sometimes takes himself out of the play on runs.

Their Corners, especially Bland, take a lot of chances. Love needs to be very careful on out routes.

Their O Line is kinda overrated IMO. Dak, similar to Love, is damn good at escaping the rush. His release sometimes seems a little low, and he's susceptible to having his passes knocked down or tipped at the line.

Pollard is very similar to Aaron Jones as a runner. Similar to the Packers, they run inside a lot - more than outside.

They have a LOT of pass receivers beyond just Lamb.

They have a little kick returner named Turpin that if Carlson's kickoffs are as lame as last week could burn us worse than that Bears guy did.

I read that the Packers have won 4 in a row at the Cowboys stadium, 5 if you count the Super Bowl - for whatever that's worth.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.
    They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.
    They’re penetrators. Aaron Jones is so good at moving forward and avoiding contact at the same time. He’s built to get past that initial backfield penetration and then burst into daylight in the gap the opposing defender was supposed to be in.

Aaron Jones is the key to the game imo.

They’re penetrators. Aaron Jones is so good at moving forward and avoiding contact at the same time. He’s built to get past that initial backfield penetration and then burst into daylight in the gap the opposing defender was supposed to be in.

Aaron Jones is the key to the game imo.
    Your boy has taken run blocking seriously. Walker has BURIED guys at least a couple times a game the last few weeks. Either someone found his on button or he just figured out leverage. I have come around on him as the LT of the future. He isn't the best OT in football, but has shown some grit. I don't know his ceiling, but where he is now you can win with.

Your boy has taken run blocking seriously. Walker has BURIED guys at least a couple times a game the last few weeks. Either someone found his on button or he just figured out leverage. I have come around on him as the LT of the future. He isn't the best OT in football, but has shown some grit. I don't know his ceiling, but where he is now you can win with.
    For sure, man. I’m not taking much credit for knowing ball or anything. I just listened to scouts opinions and they said he had it all except had a 10 cent head.

He came in the last preseason game of his rookie year and I thought it looked effortless how he shut down the backups. I don’t know technique or OL play, but I can see when a guy stonewalls his opponent and it looks easy.

But I’ll be watching Mike Wahle’s YouTube OL teaching tape and I watch JT Osullivans stuff on QB play and scheme. Hopefully I can find a guy who teaches back 7 defense and a guy who teaches DL play. Maybe in a couple years I will know ball!

My son is close to graduating from GB. He’s going to be a teacher and a coach. We’re kind of learning the game together. We played all the time when he was a kid. He’s just tall and thin so didn’t really have a career. But he was savvy as fuck when he was a kid. He could move the ball at will against those kids lol!!! He knew when the throw it, when to pump fake, when to run. When he played rugby he was more of a heady player than physical. So coaching is a good fit.

But anyway, I just filed a restraining order on my ex gf for telling the cops I kicked her. They brought me to jail and booked me for battery and then the DA tossed it out because she spent 30 minutes trying to get the stuff I had and then just said, he kicked me, and they have to take me to jail in that case. But anyway, I have a lot of time on my hands. My two older boys are full grown and succeeeding big time and my little guy (9yr) I have on weekends. I only work two days a week so I’ve got some damn time to learn football right now and there’s never been a better time to get amazing content. So many ex players are getting into teaching the game and making money doing it on YouTube and patreon and the like.

So in a couple years we’ll have APB as our team historian and me as the lead football guy of packerrats

And the odds are he's only going to get better. So if that is the case, Guter's draft in 2022 will have produced two good starting tackles. That's impressive.

Guter appears to be getting better at drafting as he goes on. Appears.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

NFL.com had him as a third round pick, comp being Dion Dawkins from Buffalo. His biggest flaw was footwork/balance.

"Overview
    Walker possesses enticing power and measurables but has issues that could be challenging to correct if he stays at tackle. Ohio State defenders were able to burn up his outside edge, which creates concern about his pass pro range, but it can be hard to beat his anchor with pure power. He has issues playing beyond his base, creating chronic over-extension that will be exploited by skilled NFL rush talent. He's capable as a run blocker and should keep getting better with more hand work. Walker projects as a right tackle on the next level but might move inside to guard if his range and balance in pass sets aren't up to par.

Strengths

• Displayed ability for quick and vertical sets.
    • Stout core withstands a bull rush.
    • Fires hands through defender's pads.
    • Extends and presses rusher past the arc.
    • Controlled inside power step for firmer post.
    • Better hand placement will bolster drive blocking.
    • Power to shove and clear debris from the lane.
    • Able to hold his ground in base blocks versus power.
    • Adequate adjustments in space.

Weaknesses

• Might not have enough range to play left tackle.
    • Base can get too wide in pass sets.
    • Weight sits on his outside foot in pass slides.
    • Reaches and leans rather than maintaining flat-back posture.
    • Opens door wide for a variety of inside counters.
    • Lacks twitch fitting into run block.
    • Hands need to be faster and more accurate.
    • Needs to improve positioning after contact.

"

PFF ranking for 2023 for tackles has Walker graded at #18. For a 2nd year 7th round draft pick, pretty damn good.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t

Last edited by Sparkey; 01-11-2024 at 09:38 AM.

[QUOTE=Joemailman;1149514]Packer lead all-time series 31-17. 17-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs.

Joe check, I believe the all-time series is 21-17 in favour of our Pack, not 31.

I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.
    I don't know how to break this to you....but that's not a dream. Its been reality far too often this year.

The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.
    When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.

When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.
    Uh. . . . How do you know that?

More distressingly, how would the players know that??

KYPack

Mike Spofford
    @mikespofford

Media only at practice for team stretch today, but FWIW, WRs Romeo Doubs & Christian Watson, RB AJ Dillon, & LB Isaiah McDuffie were all out there for #Packers.