Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

I've watched literally all the Dallas games. A few things I've noticed:

Parson lines up all over, inside and outside. He's good against the run too, but he sometimes takes himself out of the play on runs.

Their Corners, especially Bland, take a lot of chances. Love needs to be very careful on out routes.

Their O Line is kinda overrated IMO. Dak, similar to Love, is damn good at escaping the rush. His release sometimes seems a little low, and he's susceptible to having his passes knocked down or tipped at the line.

Pollard is very similar to Aaron Jones as a runner. Similar to the Packers, they run inside a lot - more than outside.

They have a LOT of pass receivers beyond just Lamb.

They have a little kick returner named Turpin that if Carlson's kickoffs are as lame as last week could burn us worse than that Bears guy did.

I read that the Packers have won 4 in a row at the Cowboys stadium, 5 if you count the Super Bowl - for whatever that's worth.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I just watched some Cowboys tape. The interior of the OL is amazing. It’s so easy for Dak to climb the pocket and complete passes. The tackles aren’t as good by what I saw at a glance, but it doesn’t matter because there is a soft spot to step up almost every play.

Parsons is different from anyone Rasheed has seen. I worry quite a bit about that matchup. Tom kind of matched well to Parsons with the athleticism, but I don’t know if Rasheed can get out there fast enough to slow him down. We’ll see.
    Thats why tackles need to be long. If I'm MiLF I chip Parsons for the first quarter and let my Tackles gain confidence. I would also run right at him on a few 3rd and 7s. Then starting in the 2nd quarter change it up.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

But honestly, if there’s a running back who’s built to shred up this kind of penetrating defense, it’s Aaron Jones. Jones can avoid contact and get moving real quick there after.

For the most part we have a smaller, more athletic line. I think that helps out against smaller penetrating types.

I don’t know how that all fits together, but I know it’s not as simple as Dallas small, Dallas can’t stop run.

They’re a damn good defense. It’s a huge test for us.

[QUOTE=Joemailman;1149514]Packer lead all-time series 31-17. 17-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs.

Joe check, I believe the all-time series is 21-17 in favour of our Pack, not 31.

I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    But honestly, if there’s a running back who’s built to shred up this kind of penetrating defense, it’s Aaron Jones. Jones can avoid contact and get moving real quick there after.

For the most part we have a smaller, more athletic line. I think that helps out against smaller penetrating types.

I don’t know how that all fits together, but I know it’s not as simple as Dallas small, Dallas can’t stop run.

They’re a damn good defense. It’s a huge test for us.

I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs
    Aaron Jones has been a Cowboy killer. In 3 games over 460 total yards and 6 TD's. He got healthy at just the right time.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

In the Cowboys 5 losses, twice they have given up over 200 yards rushing, and another one 170. Packers can win if Jones and/or Dillon have a big game. Just like last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In the Cowboys 5 losses, twice they have given up over 200 yards rushing, and another one 170. Packers can win if Jones and/or Dillon have a big game. Just like last year.

Deep down, I honestly do question if we are better off riding AJO and minimizing how much Dillon plays.

Feelings be dammed !! AJO is 5x the player as Dillon. IMO AJ plays too much most weeks they are both playing.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Deep down, I honestly do question if we are better off riding AJO and minimizing how much Dillon plays.

Feelings be dammed !! AJO is 5x the player as Dillon. IMO AJ plays too much most weeks they are both playing.
    Last year when they beat the Cowboys, Jones had 24 carries and Dillon had 13. If the running game is working, having them both enables them to run the ball more than if they just have Jones.

I've finally come to terms with Dillon's limitations as a big bruising back who has shit feet and shit vision and who goes down distressingly easily.

That being said, he's a decent receiver and can be effective running the ball a few times a game.

Utilizing both to their strengths is the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Last year when they beat the Cowboys, Jones had 24 carries and Dillon had 13. If the running game is working, having them both enables them to run the ball more than if they just have Jones.
    I would be way happier with 30 to 7

As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.
    They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.
    I don't know how to break this to you....but that's not a dream. Its been reality far too often this year.

I think I have it figured out (what the rats want to see).

Think "longest yard" where they let the guy run free and drill him in the nuts with the ball. So on the first play let Parsons through unblocked and have Dillon just truck the shit out of him. Do it again on 2nd down. It may cost us a series, but damn would it be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.
    They’re penetrators. Aaron Jones is so good at moving forward and avoiding contact at the same time. He’s built to get past that initial backfield penetration and then burst into daylight in the gap the opposing defender was supposed to be in.

Aaron Jones is the key to the game imo.

The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.
    When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.

When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.
    Uh. . . . How do you know that?

More distressingly, how would the players know that??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack