Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only Dillon did not practice.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Only Dillon did not practice.

Not wishing any negatives, but are we better when MiLF doesn't have any option other than give Jones 20 carries??
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hankins is their primary run stopper. They lost a game they probably shouldn't have when he was out.

I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for the Packers, even Watson.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hankins is their primary run stopper. They lost a game they probably shouldn't have when he was out.

I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for the Packers, even Watson.
    You mean “all hamstrings on deck,” with this team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Read a tweet that all 53 had helmets on for the walk through. FWIW
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.
    Not totally disagreeing. An elite LT is a game changer for sure, but coaching to strengths also is a game changer. Walker is rapidly becoming an elite run blocker for a LT. You use that to slow down the pass rush and mix in some play action. You also use it next to Jenkins to create a bunch of 3rd and 2 so the D can't pin back the ears.

Ideally you want a great everything, but that isn't possible. So you try not to have fatal flaws anywhere. C/RG might be our fatal flaw. Or they might hold up just enough. As I said, you can win with where Walker is right now. Would I like to see him stonewall the edge rush instead of riding it wide enough to give Love room to step up....sure, but lets be honest. Only 5-6 guys in the game do everything at a top level. We were blessed with one of them for awhile. Walker right now today is just as good of a run blocker as Bak was (who was under rated in that regard). He is a middle of the pack pass blocker. You can win with that if the coaching doesn't fuck it up (i.e. leave him solo against Parsons every 3rd and 7).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I think Walker has really improved. Still think his focus and mean streak aren't there, but you can definitely start him. I'd say if Tom continues to trend towards elite and Walker ends up as just solid, you can do well with that. You don't need 2 elite OT in the playoffs.
    The Bengals (vs. LAR) and Chiefs (vs TB) made SBs with iffy OLs, but it's not a winning strategy. GBs OL is playing better than iffy.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

Alexander was listed on the injury report Wednesday as a limited participant because of shoulder/ankle.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

CB Jaire Alexander not practicing today. We’ll figure d out later why. Elgton Jenkins getting his rest day. AJ Dillon back at #Packers practice in pads.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

Alexander was listed on the injury report Wednesday as a limited participant because of shoulder/ankle.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

CB Jaire Alexander not practicing today. We’ll figure d out later why. Elgton Jenkins getting his rest day. AJ Dillon back at #Packers practice in pads.
    About Alexander's injury, as we used to say in college - that blows donkey dick.

Pitting him one-on-one against Lamb seemed to me one of the defense's advantages. Not that anyone can shut down Lamb completely, but it does take some pressure off the defense to have Alexander matched up against the other team's best receiver. If he can't go or is hobbled, that's tough.

As my mom sometimes says, shitsky. Not to be confused with Bretsky.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

J-Alex has got an ankle. Got it fucked during a damn jog through.

SMH. This Packer team is softer than a gay guy in a brothel full of women; more fragile than a motherless polar bear cub; every bit as injury-prone as an overworked, 41 year old burger flipper.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Dallas has

LT-elite
    LG- good
    C-good
    RG-good
    RT-Poor

It’s nice that our best pass rusher is over their weak link, but it’s nice for them that they can give one guy help and let the rest of their really good line handle the rest. A lot of plays they’re going to block up really well and it’s to their advantage.

But if you’re Joe Barry, you have a bit of an advantage too. You kind of know what their protection schemes are going to look like with the obvious help going to Gary’s side. If you don’t over play your hand, you can pick a couple key spots to dial up a perfect stunt game or pressure call because you know what you’re going to be looking at on the left side.

If we win, I could see a situation where Dallas has a lot of success on offense, but had a couple key, key horrible plays that change the game in our favor.

Once in a while Gary will see a single too, and he could make a splash. I don’t think he’ll see many though, not on true pass plays that need to develop.

In Barry we trust! Go Pack Go!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

So far this week the highs in GB were around 30, and Dallas had highs in the 60s. On Sunday, they are predicting a high around 30 in Dallas. So if anything the weather favors the Packers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    So far this week the highs in GB were around 30, and Dallas had highs in the 60s. On Sunday, they are predicting a high around 30 in Dallas. So if anything the weather favors the Packers.
    30 is beautiful football weather. I’m 42 years old and if I’m moving around, football gear is more than warm enough for me. I’d be warm.

I don’t think it favors anyone, but it’s not a disadvantage so that’s good.

30-60 is ideal football temps.

At least it's not like playing in Tampa in September. That has been brutal for the Packers.

KYPack

I wonder if Packers are going to practice tomorrow, or if they need to fly out of Green Bay before the weather gets too bad.

I wonder if Packers are going to practice tomorrow, or if they need to fly out of Green Bay before the weather gets too bad.
    Just checked the GB forecast. Yeah, I'd GTFO. Better safe than sorry.

Our Post Season 2023 Packers have arrived in Sunny Dallas.
    Keep us informed Joe the Mailman.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-13-2024 at 12:47 AM.