View Poll Results: How will Packers Do In The Playoffs?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose In Wildcard Round

10 41.67%
  • Win Wildcard, Lose In Divisional

9 37.50%
  • Win Divisional, Lose NFCCG

0 0%
  • Win NFC Title, Lose Superb Owl

0 0%
  • Another Lombardi Trophy!

5 20.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs? Thread

I think we can topple Jerruh, but the Niners are almost always kryptonite.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

If we put up 35 we might beat Dallas.

I voted for #5, but the brilliant Joe Barry exists.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

How deep can the Packers go in the playoffs?

Balls deep, baby!

Or at least I think they can beat Dallas. Don't know if they will - but they can. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they just might pull it off.

After that, the spaceship comes crashing back to earth, except for the defensive backs stationed near Pluto.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

As Renee Russo said in "Tin Cup"

"Ah hell Roy, go ahead. Knock it in, let her rip"

Win me an Owl and no one will ever remember that stretch where we sucked (except skin. He will continue to be a jackass).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Obviously, I want the Packers to win it all.

But who did we beat this year?

The Chiefs, Lions and the Rams with a QB who got cut the next day.

I know I am the guy who always says you can only beat the teams you are scheduled to play. I believe that.

I think the best thing in this team’s favor is they don’t have the experience to know they are going to be outgunned most playoff games. They are young and trending in the right direction at the end of the year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Obviously, I want the Packers to win it all.

But who did we beat this year?

The Chiefs, Lions and the Rams with a QB who got cut the next day.

I know I am the guy who always says you can only beat the teams you are scheduled to play. I believe that.

I think the best thing in this team’s favor is they don’t have the experience to know they are going to be outgunned most playoff games. They are young and trending in the right direction at the end of the year.
    But not really this game. Discounting games against the Rams without Stafford, the Packers were 3-3 against teams that finished with winning records. Cowboys were 3-4. Both teams were 6-2 over the last 8 weeks. Packers strength of victory (winning pct. of teams you've beaten) is significantly better than Cowboys. Cowboys stats are better, but I doubt that's the case over the last 8 weeks. The fact that the game is at Dallas is really the only reason for the Cowboys to be favored.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    But not really this game. Discounting games against the Rams without Stafford, the Packers were 3-3 against teams that finished with winning records. Cowboys were 3-4. Both teams were 6-2 over the last 8 weeks. Packers strength of victory (winning pct. of teams you've beaten) is significantly better than Cowboys. Cowboys stats are better, but I doubt that's the case over the last 8 weeks. The fact that the game is at Dallas is really the only reason for the Cowboys to be favored.
    They have more established star power as well. We don't have anyone like CeeDee Lamb. But to you're point, our guys are ascending. The difference here is that Dallas has a talented hard hitting defense coached by a proven DC. We have Joe Barry and a lot of athletes he miscasts on a regular basis.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Just looking in depth at our record against winning teams.
    Beat NO, Rams, Det, KC
    Lost to Det, Pitt and TB

I discount the Rams game because of the QB for the game. And I discount both NO and Tampa. If you remove their division games, they were both 5-6. It helps to play CAR twice a lot!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think we can topple Jerruh, but the Niners are almost always kryptonite.
    Erron’s kryptonite man, not the Packers. Love isn't going into the game feeling upset about how they didn’t draft him number one. Rodgers always let niners games get in his head. Love is turning out to be the emotionless executioner Rodgers thought himself to be.

In majority of those games the Packers were the older team and the Niners had the youngsters who always seemed more energized. I am very interested in seeing the matchup now with Packers the young squad. Cowboys have also been together for a while and would be similar to the Packers teams that got upset in the 2010s.

I put 25 on Jones to go over 104. I could have done 64, 74, 84…. But I like Jones a lot on Sunday. 104. He’s a cowboy killer and it’s not a fluke. He matches up well against that penetrating style.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I deposited $50 and got a 50 bonus 10 years ago and I’m still sitting even at $100. I’ve been over 300 and under 60. But 10 years on the same deposit and probably 50-100 bets. I’m not a winner, but I’m not a loser either.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

We're winning three Superbowls in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    We're winning three Superbowls in a row.
    Starting when??

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Starting when??
    Exactly the right question.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They have more established star power as well. We don't have anyone like CeeDee Lamb. But to you're point, our guys are ascending. The difference here is that Dallas has a talented hard hitting defense coached by a proven DC. We have Joe Barry and a lot of athletes he miscasts on a regular basis.
    yeah, when you really slow down after the high of beating the Bears, it's clear that the Cowboys should outgun the Pack every which way. How is a Joe Barry defense with a hobbled Alexander going to slow down the Cowboys? It's just not very likely, at all. My guess is Joe will go back to his "shrivel" zone (so soft you can barely see it) and Prescott will pick the defense apart.

And for the Packer offense, let's hope the blocking holds up. My gosh, remember how Maxx Crosby really almost single-handedly destroyed the Packer offense? The Cowboys also have an All-World defensive player.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jaire was getting beat in man coverage and messing up in zone. I wouldn't be surprised if we play a lot of zone and do it better without Jaire.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I put 25 on Jones to go over 104. I could have done 64, 74, 84…. But I like Jones a lot on Sunday. 104. He’s a cowboy killer and it’s not a fluke. He matches up well against that penetrating style.
    That’s what I’m hearing too.
    I figure the biggest key to the game is getting a pass rush to mess up Dak, but Aaron Jones having a spectacular day could be huge too.
    Let’s just hope he hangs on to the ball because remember, it’s a BIG game.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I figure the biggest key to the game is getting a pass rush to mess up Dak, but Aaron Jones having a spectacular day could be huge too.
    What are you talking about with Jones? I have already forgot.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    yeah, when you really slow down after the high of beating the Bears, it's clear that the Cowboys should outgun the Pack every which way. How is a Joe Barry defense with a hobbled Alexander going to slow down the Cowboys? It's just not very likely, at all. My guess is Joe will go back to his "shrivel" zone (so soft you can barely see it) and Prescott will pick the defense apart.

And for the Packer offense, let's hope the blocking holds up. My gosh, remember how Maxx Crosby really almost single-handedly destroyed the Packer offense? The Cowboys also have an All-World defensive player.
    Maybe we should call it the "I was in the pool" zone. Yea, I like that.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    All of you are saying Jones this Jones that. To win this game the Packers need to score steady and surely. That’s going to require Love moving the ball in the air. Then Dak will feel pressure to score then the Packers defense can get on his ass. Once Dak gets stressed out he starts fucking up. The pressure is on him to NOT let some first year starter ruin another Dallas SB chance. Tex is right saying Dak is like Rodgers. Both get rattled quickly when lit up by a defender.