Thread: Packers 2024 Opponents Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.
    You know what I don't mind about being 66? I was born early enough to enjoy a lot of experiences before they were corrupted by greed.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to wonder if the lack of fandom correlates with the area teams lack of success. Fritz’s lions example being a good one. Here in Cali everyone except the Chargers has a strong following in the younger generations. Might be a gang mentality thing for some . The other 3 have won or been to a SB this century and in the playoffs many times. Does this ring true for da Chicago area?