Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers 2024 Opponents Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A lot of Packer fans won't see it for free though.

Brian McCarthy
    @NFLprguy

Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+.
    Good. Red’s too cheap to sign up. His nonstop bitching in the GameDay thread turns me off.

In all seriousness, I am sure the die-hard fans will find a way to catch the game. Hell, we should do a Packerrats meetup game in Brazil! Bobble volunteers to foot the bill.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

It's surprising that the international game is a road game for the Packers. Usually other teams are protective of games against the Packers. I figured they would try to steal the 9th home game again.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Packers will play Eagles in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday September 6. It's an Eagles home game.
    Well hopefully the audience has a lot of Brazilian hotties.

Fuck, I have fallen to Bretsky's level of old.

Blog Entries

Brian McCarthy
    @NFLprguy

Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+.
    Sounds like it is just a Sunday night game that will still show nationally. Not the chiefs playoff situation but don’t worry we all know that is where it is going.

Brian McCarthy
    @NFLprguy

Does this include the youtube thingy? I was going to do it this year, but if their first move is to black me out of a packer game fuck them....I'll just keep stealing the stream.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Good. Red’s too cheap to sign up. His nonstop bitching in the GameDay thread turns me off.

In all seriousness, I am sure the die-hard fans will find a way to catch the game. Hell, we should do a Packerrats meetup game in Brazil! Bobble volunteers to foot the bill.
    I won't even foot the bill for peacock. I've told you I'm a cheapskate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Empacotacdor contra Racista Italiano!

Portuguese for Packers versus Balding Eagles. I’m cool with the game. Off from burger joint.
    If you are going to appropriate at least use Empacadores! It’s not “Packer”.

You can do whatever with the eagles. I am sure you are mad their Philly cheesesteaks destroy your pink slime burgers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Does this include the youtube thingy? I was going to do it this year, but if their first move is to black me out of a packer game fuck them....I'll just keep stealing the stream.
    Any of the MNF TNF SNF won’t show on Sunday Ticket.

Blog Entries
    I won't even foot the bill for peacock. I've told you I'm a cheapskate.
    No it’s that your too rich to look for deals. I got Peacock for .99 a month for a year. My advice, dup email accounts to switch between to the latest deals. When you cancel they start begging you back after a few months and make offers. Only Amazon and Netflix will not play along. They don’t appear to track the payment card being used so their system can be punked.

When I first heard these rumors about the Pack playing in Brazil to start the season and it would be against the Beagles, I was a little irritated that the Pack would be losing a home game, even though I live nowhere near GB. But then I remembered that the when the opponents list came out, that the Pack/Beagles game was an away game for the Pack, so the Beagles are losing a home game. Good! Screw them!

I read an article a couple weeks ago that the Packers have a pretty big fan base down there, so I hope it's more of a home game for the Pack than the Beagles. If anything, I'm glad that this game is on neutral ground. I live near Philly and would be very tempted to try to go to this game, but Philly fans, especially Beagle fans are in a league of their own and that's a nice away of putting it.

The Packers will play the Eagles in Brasil on a FRIDAY. It sounds like it will only be avaliable to Peacock subscribers and those within the on-air region:

According to The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, the Packers-Eagles game is going to be streamed exclusively on Peacock, a subscription service, but the game should be broadcast locally within the Packers’ television network footprint on over-the-air television. So for those of you in Green Bay or Milwaukee without a Peacock subscription, do not fret.
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...azil-sao-paolo

Figuring out how to watch football has gotten to be too much work. I miss the days when the NFC was on CBS, and the AFC on NBC, Sundays at noon or 3:30 pm CST only, except for Thanksgiving, which was GB at Detroit. Every team played every week. I was adaptable enough to accept Monday night games on ABC. Still simple enough to know who carried any game. Then interconference games started, but always carried by the network of the visiting team. Simple:

GB vs NFC on CBS
    GB at AFC on CBS
    AFC vs GB at GB on NBC
    GB on Monday night on ABC

Friday was high school football, Saturday college football and Sunday the NFL, with a single Monday night NFL game. Life was simple.

Then at various times a second Monday game, Saturday games, Thursday games, byes. Games in the middle of the night because it is played in a country where football is played in shorts and you can't touch the ball with your hands.

Even if I know when it is, I don't know who will broadcast it, and when I do know which if any network carries it I often have multiple channels of the same network. When the guide states merely "NFL Football" I don't know which has GB and which something else.

I don't like working this hard for casual entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Well hopefully the audience has a lot of Brazilian hotties.

Fuck, I have fallen to Bretsky's level of old.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Look, Mad - she's walking right toward you as you sit in your beach chair on the Rio de Janeiro beach! And she's speaking Portugese to you, and every middle aged white guy knows that Portugese and Mexican are the same language, pretty much, so you know she's asking you if you want to join her and her friends to party a little bit, and is Aaron Rodgers really as big a pendejo as he seems to be, and then she's going to call you "Jordan," and you're going to realize that racist Portugese chick thinks you are Jordan Love, because you northern-brown skinned dudes all look the same to her cute little Brasilian brain, and you're about to say "Hell yes baby" but then whitest-white-guy-of-all Fritz shows up with his orange speedo and his gut hanging over the top, and she's gonna realize there's no way Jordan Love would hang out with a goofy-ass old white goof like Fritz, and she's going to turn around and walk away. But at least you'll get to see her ass swinging so sweetly as she walks away from you.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Figuring out how to watch football has gotten to be too much work. I miss the days when the NFC was on CBS, and the AFC on NBC, Sundays at noon or 3:30 pm CST only, except for Thanksgiving, which was GB at Detroit. Every team played every week. I was adaptable enough to accept Monday night games on ABC. Still simple enough to know who carried any game. Then interconference games started, but always carried by the network of the visiting team. Simple:

GB vs NFC on CBS
    GB at AFC on CBS
    AFC vs GB at GB on NBC
    GB on Monday night on ABC

Friday was high school football, Saturday college football and Sunday the NFL, with a single Monday night NFL game. Life was simple.

Then at various times a second Monday game, Saturday games, Thursday games, byes. Games in the middle of the night because it is played in a country where football is played in shorts and you can't touch the ball with your hands.

Even if I know when it is, I don't know who will broadcast it, and when I do know which if any network carries it I often have multiple channels of the same network. When the guide states merely "NFL Football" I don't know which has GB and which something else.

I don't like working this hard for casual entertainment.
    This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.

This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.
    Good observation. I watched boxing when I could watch free; but have never paid to watch. I used to know and follow the Champs and rising contenders in many of the weight classes. Now I don't know a single one.

I think fantasy football has changed the younger fan base particularly. There is not the same level of team loyalty. They care about individual performances more than team outcomes, even for opposing teams in the same games. So long as the players on their fantasy teams do well, they are happy.

Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.
    You know what I don't mind about being 66? I was born early enough to enjoy a lot of experiences before they were corrupted by greed.

Blog Entries
    Fritz that is White girl!!! She is way fine and while your story was Penthouse worthy you went with the first stock photo instead of making an effort.

This would be more like it:

Blog Entries
    I have to wonder if the lack of fandom correlates with the area teams lack of success. Fritz’s lions example being a good one. Here in Cali everyone except the Chargers has a strong following in the younger generations. Might be a gang mentality thing for some . The other 3 have won or been to a SB this century and in the playoffs many times. Does this ring true for da Chicago area?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Fritz that is White girl!!! She is way fine and while your story was Penthouse worthy you went with the first stock photo instead of making an effort.

This would be more like it:

No doubt created by Gemini....Shit, is that going to get me banned?

edit: Not that I disapprove mind you. All we need now is for Captain kick ass to weigh in with his version.