Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.
Good observation. I watched boxing when I could watch free; but have never paid to watch. I used to know and follow the Champs and rising contenders in many of the weight classes. Now I don't know a single one.

I think fantasy football has changed the younger fan base particularly. There is not the same level of team loyalty. They care about individual performances more than team outcomes, even for opposing teams in the same games. So long as the players on their fantasy teams do well, they are happy.