I watched a full game of Caleb. Maybe it’s the college game compared to NFL, but I didn’t see one anticipation throw. Jordan Love had such a lowsy perimeter group, especially his last year, he really had to do that. And now in the NFL it’s one of his greatest strengths. He can see the game and anticipate and Gute saw that on the college tape.

I’m not sold on Caleb just yet. But like people told me last year with Watson, didn’t do it doesn’t mean can’t do it.

But what i saw was a guy who threw it when the route was clearly declared. He hung onto the ball and made things happen a lot. He struggled putting air under longer throws and he’s so used to throwing off platform, when he’s on platform and it’s down the field he seemed to air mail it.

I’m not convinced he’s much better than Fields. Better off platform and not quite as good of a runner, but he didn’t show any signs of seeing the game fast and anticipating. But again, that just might be the college game and I’m not a full on expert so we’ll see I guess.