Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Card Weekend Thread

Wild Card Weekend Thread

Cleveland at Houston - Saturday - 3:30 PM
    NBC - Announcers: Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge, Kathryn Tappen.
    Cleveland 2.5 point favorite
    Moneyline: Houston +122, Cleveland -144
    Over/under: 44.5

Miami at Kansas City - Saturday - 7:00 PM
    Peacock - Announcers: Mike Tirico, Jason Garrett, Kaylee Hartung
    Kansas City 3.5 point favorite
    Moneyline: Kansas City -186, Miami +156
    Over/under: 44

Pittsburgh at Buffalo - Sunday - 12:00 PM
    CBS - Announcers: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
    Buffalo 10 point favorite
    Moneyline: Buffalo -560, Pittsburgh +420
    Over/under: 35.5

Green Bay at Dallas - Sunday - 3:30 PM
    Fox - Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi
    Dallas 7.5 point favorite
    Moneyline: Dallas -390, Green Bay +310
    Over/under: 50.5

Los Angeles Rams at Detroit - Sunday - 7:20 PM
    NBC - Announcers: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark
    Detroit 3.5 point favorite
    Moneyline: Detroit -180, Los Angeles +152
    Over/under: 51.5

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay - Monday - 7:15 PM
    ESPN/ABC - Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters
    Philadelphia 2.5 point favorite
    Moneyline: Tampa Bay +124, Philadelphia -146
    Over/under: 44
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I kind of like Tirico as the play by play, but Olsen is my favorite color guy. Would be nice to see those two team up. Or maybe a great play by play guy Olsens age will come up and we can see them for 25 years.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I liked Collinsworth 10-15 years ago when he first got the Sunday night gig. I just thought he was always prepared. And around Green Bay there are a lot of Catholics. The guys are all raised to really present like they’re upstanding citizens and to succeed, but so many of the ones I know are snorting coke behind the scenes and using their catholic raised prosperity to gamble and bang chicks on the side. I don’t even know if Collinsworth is catholic, but he seems like that kind of guy and culturally, watching him always felt like being at home in green bay with the sneaky catholic boys we have here.

But I get bored of these guys fast. And now he puts me to sleep.

Romo was really cool with his predicting plays thing. I’ve never seen that. And I think him doing that made his humor and annoying voice more tolerable. But his schtick ran out even faster than Collinsworths.

Aikman is the worst, although Buck is somewhat tolerable. Buck has such a way of being a proper uptight white guy and faking enthusiasm that I don’t even like him much. But being along side Aikman who always seems to be checking himself in the mirror kind of is a guilt by association hatred. I don’t even know how I feel about Buck because Aikman just makes me hate everything and I can’t process that.

In the end, I just kind of hate announcers. It’s weird because the smaller name guys, I hardly remember. I know for sure I don’t like them, but it’s not enough to remember their face or name. The big ones really stand out, mostly in a bad way.

But Olsen and Tirico are best right now. They’re the only two I actually like listening to. Tirico always seems to have the best nuggets and Olsen appreciated tough, smart football, so I feel like we’re on the same page.

As far as media,

JT O’Sullivan, drafted as one of Favre’s backups on the early 2000’s is the top guy. He spent most of his career in New Orleans as a backup, but bounced around a lot. He breaks down QB play really, really well. He packs as much information in as possible, but somehow leaves out the really boring tiny details that would put you to sleep, like what percentage of your weight should be on the ball of your foot vs the heel. Some guys do that and it is a real snore fest. JT gets excited about good QB play, he gets pissed off at bad play, and he brings a ton of information without being boring. He’s the best.

Kurt Benkurt, who you might remember as the backup quarterback who kneeled down for a couple packer wins and showed his dirtied knee pic as evidence of the hard fought battle he was engaged in. He breaks down the passing concepts really well and does a lot of Jordan Love analysis. He’s kind of JT O’Sullivan lite. He basically does what JT does, but shortens it to the attention span of these younger generations who can’t handle watching a football game. They can only watch highlights. So it’s 4 minutes or less. But very informative in those 4 minutes.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are you really going to make me do this playoff weekend???

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Just get him back on his meds. I for one, am a very forgiving Catholic.

Betting angle. I like GB. Even if we are overmatched, how often have we seen fat mike allow a team back into a game.

Cleveland. Man that D is tough, and Flacco looks like prime Flacco.

Miami/KC over. This will be a bet that looks like a sure loser halfway through the 3rd quarter. Then the team that is behind will floor it and the team ahead will be forced to keep pace.

Pittsburg. Better coach. Allen seems to shrink. Double digits is just too much to lay in the cold.

Detroit. LA is that "darling" everyone forgets was pretty shitty a lot of the season. Detroit is the good team that played some tough matchups so people forget how good they were all season. If Detroit builds an early lead it likely goes under as well with Stafford getting hit on more than Tex's wife at the drive through.

How bad has Philly looked? But lets be honest. They just have way more talent. I expect them to get way up for this game, then lose next week after they "proved" to all the haters that the recent slump was a fluke.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I’ll be shutting the fuck up about mildly inappropriate topics. Sorry guys. I don’t wanna be banned for the playoffs.

I've watched games on mute before. You really lose very little by not hearing the supposed "analysis" of the color guys, and if you know at least one of the teams, you don't need the play-by-play.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wooo!

Dolphins gonna' freeze in KC, Saturday night.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4&lon=-94.5831

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Wooo!

Dolphins gonna' freeze in KC, Saturday night.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4&lon=-94.5831
    The ultimate test for the Swifties.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I liked Collinsworth 10-15 years ago when he first got the Sunday night gig. I just thought he was always prepared. And around Green Bay there are a lot of Catholics. The guys are all raised to really present like they’re upstanding citizens and to succeed, but so many of the ones I know are snorting coke behind the scenes and using their catholic raised prosperity to gamble and bang chicks on the side. I don’t even know if Collinsworth is catholic, but he seems like that kind of guy and culturally, watching him always felt like being at home in green bay with the sneaky catholic boys we have here.

But I get bored of these guys fast. And now he puts me to sleep.

Romo was really cool with his predicting plays thing. I’ve never seen that. And I think him doing that made his humor and annoying voice more tolerable. But his schtick ran out even faster than Collinsworths.

Aikman is the worst, although Buck is somewhat tolerable. Buck has such a way of being a proper uptight white guy and faking enthusiasm that I don’t even like him much. But being along side Aikman who always seems to be checking himself in the mirror kind of is a guilt by association hatred. I don’t even know how I feel about Buck because Aikman just makes me hate everything and I can’t process that.

In the end, I just kind of hate announcers. It’s weird because the smaller name guys, I hardly remember. I know for sure I don’t like them, but it’s not enough to remember their face or name. The big ones really stand out, mostly in a bad way.

But Olsen and Tirico are best right now. They’re the only two I actually like listening to. Tirico always seems to have the best nuggets and Olsen appreciated tough, smart football, so I feel like we’re on the same page.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0zEX8h17eA

Just sayin'

Me and Frank looking straight down the barrel of banishment.

Ah, well.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    LOL

As far as media,

JT O’Sullivan, drafted as one of Favre’s backups on the early 2000’s is the top guy. He spent most of his career in New Orleans as a backup, but bounced around a lot. He breaks down QB play really, really well. He packs as much information in as possible, but somehow leaves out the really boring tiny details that would put you to sleep, like what percentage of your weight should be on the ball of your foot vs the heel. Some guys do that and it is a real snore fest. JT gets excited about good QB play, he gets pissed off at bad play, and he brings a ton of information without being boring. He’s the best.

Kurt Benkurt, who you might remember as the backup quarterback who kneeled down for a couple packer wins and showed his dirtied knee pic as evidence of the hard fought battle he was engaged in. He breaks down the passing concepts really well and does a lot of Jordan Love analysis. He’s kind of JT O’Sullivan lite. He basically does what JT does, but shortens it to the attention span of these younger generations who can’t handle watching a football game. They can only watch highlights. So it’s 4 minutes or less. But very informative in those 4 minutes.
    I like Mike Wahle's breakdowns best. He throws in a lot of insights, especially on the line, obviously, that those guys don't pick up on or at least that they don't talk about. He hasn't been doing it long but his content is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    I like Mike Wahle's breakdowns best. He throws in a lot of insights, especially on the line, obviously, that those guys don't pick up on or at least that they don't talk about. He hasn't been doing it long but his content is excellent.
    Oh wow, never heard him. I didn’t know he landed one of those gigs. Hopefully he calls a packers game next year.

Oh wow, never heard him. I didn’t know he landed one of those gigs. Hopefully he calls a packers game next year.
    No, I'm talking about his YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@process2perform75

These next two weekends - especially next weekend - are the best weekends for NFL football all year long. Playoff game after playoff game. It's like having endless lines of coke laid out in front of you.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    No, I'm talking about his YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@process2perform75
    I’ll check it out. JT Osullivan is awesome too. It’s the guys who build up on YouTube and other avenues who really bring the amazing content. Mainstream sports journalism is hot takes and drama. But us football guys just love talking ball. It’s so nice that people can get out there now and make money without having to push the corporate sports media content.

I’ll check it out. JT Osullivan is awesome too. It’s the guys who build up on YouTube and other avenues who really bring the amazing content. Mainstream sports journalism is hot takes and drama. But us football guys just love talking ball. It’s so nice that people can get out there now and make money without having to push the corporate sports media content.
    Has JT dropped J.LO Week 18? I can't find it.