Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Wild Card Weekend Thread

Mayfield is actually healthy this year. In the past, he's made the incorrect decision to play through injuries. Nobody cares if you're hurt. They only care if you perform. He's not gifted enough to throw with a bum shoulder.

The eagles players aren’t tackling the elite athletes on the buccaneers. Fire Siriani.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Mayfield is actually healthy this year. In the past, he's made the incorrect decision to play through injuries. Nobody cares if you're hurt. They only care if you perform. He's not gifted enough to throw with a bum shoulder.
    like they mentioned during the game, the guy has had 8 head coaches in the NFL

and being a brown doesn't help anyones career

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Should have went Home Depot style and paid by the job.
    i don't know if they have too many mexicans in buffalo

Anybody think Brady is watching this team and ready to sign up for next week? The D is legit.

Todd Balls is going to look so much better in Tampa than the shit org that is AZ. I honestly wouldn't want to face them. They're hella tough with that D.

Looking like the Eagles second half of the season collapse is complete.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Looks like Joe Barry isn’t the only DC to get carved up by Baker and the legitimate buccaneers. Almost like NFL players are pretty good and can have good days, especially when another team is decimated in their secondary or other area of their defense. Hmmm….

But we know for certain it’s all Joe Barry. Defense bad some games. Barry bad. There’s nothing more to it.
    You do know the Eagles have been in free fall the last 6 weeks of the season. The finished the last 6 weeks 1-5.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    The Iggles look like a bigger collapse than Jerry's boys. The drums are beating for them to can the coach if they lose to the Bucs, which appears imminent.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The eagles players aren’t tackling the elite athletes on the buccaneers. Fire Siriani.
    Eagles were in the Super Bowl last year so I am guessing Siriani is safe.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Down sixteen points, Iggies accept a penalty that wipes away their field goal and then fail to score any points. Still down 16. I would've been okay with a FG as a Philly fan.

Rams/Lions game only close contest of wildcard round.

Tampa is gonna Molly whomp Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Tampa is gonna Molly whomp Detroit.
    I didn't know what a "Molly whomp" was, so I looked it up.

Hi Molly!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I didn't know what a "Molly whomp" was, so I looked it up.

Hi Molly!
    I had to do an image search, inspired by you, here's what I found:

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You do know the Eagles have been in free fall the last 6 weeks of the season. The finished the last 6 weeks 1-5.
    Jalen Hurts looked bad. The difference in poise compared to Jordan Love was noticable.
    Hurts was frustrated and had no answers for the blitzes TB threw, had bad body language, and just in general looked off his game. I haven't watched PHI lately, is this how they've been? They started out 10-1 and went into a tailspin, but I'm not sure why.
    AJ Brown is good but wow they didn't really have many other answers, which is very strange. Also, their OL was supposed to be top 5, and they got worked. Running game looked bad, I think it was supposed to be RPO or read option based but Hurts didn't look like he wanted to run. TB was covering the receivers well but without AJ Brown they looked iffy.

Going 0/9 on 3rd down doesn't help.
    PHI's defense looked like Joe Barry was coaching it. Open receivers, poor tackling, players not communicating.

Saw some players (on O and D) just standing around or not really hustling. PHI looked like a team that didn't want to play, or that hate each other when they do. Not good.
    Was a bad collapse and for as much nonsense about McCarthy getting fired, you really wonder about the lack of fight from Sirianni's team.

Congrats to TB. Baker looked... decent actually, and that defense was on fire. If they can smother the run and get that kind of pressure on Goff they will beat DET.

A lot of people in and around Philly are pointing to the loss of Shane Steichen. He was their OC in 2021-2022 and left to become the HC in Indy. But that doesn't explain how they went from 10-1 to 11-7 this year. Got blown out by 49ers and seemed like they never recovered. Failed to score 20 points in 5 of their last 7 games.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched it and Hurts got figured out in that miners game. The announcers even said it would be a blueprint for beating eagles.

Hurts just can’t make reads.

Eagles will has been broken over the last few weeks. They just looked disinterested and bad.

Wonder what they'll do now. They're stuck with Hurts for 3 years at least because of the way they've structured his contract. https://overthecap.com/player/jalen-hurts/8793Brian Johnson, the OC, was Hurts' QB coach, so they've worked together a long time. Some think Sirianni's job could be in jeopardy. Hard to believe that's the case 1 year after nearly winning the Super Bowl.