15. You may not vote on this poll
  • WATSON

2 13.33%
  • WICKS

7 46.67%
  • REED

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHO DEVELOPS INTO the NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER in GB ?

Blog Entries

WHO DEVELOPS INTO the NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER in GB ?

Matty Flower had an interesting interview. He implied it's nice not to have a true number one WR because he's been a part of teams in the past where QB's would try to force the ball to the @1 when they should have been throwing to the open WR instead.

Wilde and Tausch were arguing about this; so I'm stealing this idea for a poll.

Which WR on our roster, and you can only choose one, best develops into our Number 1 WR

Maybe the 100 catch guy with at least similar, or more yards to the next ?.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I'd add, Wilde and Tausch, could not agree on the answer
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Reed, his yards after the catch are amazing. He runs like the wind.

Yes, no, all of the above.

I said Reed. On top of being fast, having really good hands and playing bigger than his stature, I think he’s incredibly smart. I think over time, Love is going to have a special chemistry with him.

Physically, I think Wicks has the skillset that leads to volume numbers.

Watson is a big play guy, but he’s also very savvy in the red zone. He might end up with the most touchdowns.

But as the go to guy, most yards, I think it’s Reed.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think it's Wicks. His combination of good size and great route running remind me so much of Adams. Guys the size of Reed don't become #1 guys that often. He's fast, but not Tyreek Hill fast. He's not as great a route runner as Jennings was. Watson isn't a factor until he proves he can stay in the lineup.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think Watson has the most physical potential to be that guy, but who knows if he will ever get his career untracked? He's an injury waiting to happen, so far.

So I voted Wicks. He's got the build and the attitude. Reed is I think too slight to be that guy, and as someone else said, the slot guy is not often that guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I was torn between wicks and reed. Definitely, the size is a problem for Reed, but I like the savvy and speed. Kind of Jennings like that way.

i honestly have no clue, i'd say doubs is in the running too

reed could very well turn into a tyrek hill type of player, watson just can't stay healthy, and wicks has the potential but so far has a small body of work

at this point i've seen the most out of reed followed by wicks

Why do we even need a clear #1? All have been excellent so far. Keep the other teams guessing, then target whoever gets weaker coverage.

I voted for Watson because he still has the highest ceiling and hopefully gets over the injury thing. For now, they should use him lightly, a decoy and occasional hit on a deep pass.

Reed reminds me of C.D. Lamb. Is he as fast? Maybe, time will tell. Is Wicks the next Davante? He shows signs. He reminds me more of Michael Irvin, though, which is almost as good. Hell yeah, Doubs should be on the list too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I don't see Doubs. Doesn't get separation often enough to be a #1. He may have a year like Jones had in 2012 when he led the NFL in TD's, but not likely to be the #1 guy.

I'm confused by the definition of #1 WR.

If it's the guy most likely to catch more passes, then it's gotta be Reed for me. He gets open and makes plays with the ball.

If it's a guy you throw when not necessarily open, that's not Reed. I'd go with Wicks or Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post

If it's the guy most likely to catch more passes, then it's gotta be Reed for me. He gets open and makes plays with the ball.

If it's a guy you throw when not necessarily open, that's not Reed. I'd go with Wicks or Watson.
    I think #1 is determined by 2 things:

Who is the guy the QB wants to go to when he absolutely has to have a completion?
    Who is the guy the opponent is most concerned about?

I mean, if the injury situation clears up in his future its Watson and its not close. I love the depth and balance, but Watson is just a different kind of athlete. If he learns how to prepare his body for the NFL season and stays healthy the sky is the limit.

But I'm in the camp of throwing it to who is open. I hope Love just continues to run the offense. I don't care if Melton McFuckDoggle is the guy who is open, thats where I want the ball going.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This a ridiculous poll. It’s obvious it’s going to be a rookie WR from next year. The one the Rodgers pick is used on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i honestly have no clue, i'd say doubs is in the running too

r

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post

I struggled with the exact definition as well. I had started to define it, but instead decided to leave it out to spur on more debate.

ROUGH stats I was going to throw out where perhaps, a 90-100 catch season/ 14-1500 yards

Blog Entries
    FYI

Wilde thinks it's Wicks

Taucher started the answer with Reed, and then flipped his choice to Watson

I really like Reed. Wicks too though. And Watson. It’s a toss up. I think Reed is the most sure bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I struggled with the exact definition as well. I had started to define it, but instead decided to leave it out to spur on more debate.

ROUGH stats I was going to throw out where perhaps, a 90-100 catch season/ 14-1500 yards
    1400-1500 is too high a bar. Only 5 guys in the entire NFL had 1400+. I think 1200 would be more like it.