Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL WILDCARD WEEKEND PACKER COWBOY GAMEDAY THREAD

THE OFFICIAL WILDCARD WEEKEND PACKER COWBOY GAMEDAY THREAD

After midnight, so it's gameday for our first of four postseason gamedays. I seriously considered actually going, but I figure it will be better sitting at home watching it on TV.

GO PACKERS!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Its 130am in Vegas Baby!! Pass the Kool Aid time to end fat mikes season.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Everyone expects the Cowboys to remain dominant at home and win by 10.
    No one expected the Packers to be here before Thanksgiving - so it’s playing with house money.

Jones needs 20 touches for 120.
    Love will spread the ball to his many receivers.
    Barry has to repeat the approach from the last 2 weeks and adjust as needed.
    Special teams needs to be perfect.

The realist in me gives the Packers a 25% chance to win. A few lucky breaks or a defensive TD and that moves to a coin flip.

Packers are 5-0 in that stadium. Let’s hope todays the 6th.

Packers 33
    Cowgirls 30

Carlson hits a game winner just like Crosby.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    After midnight, so it's gameday for our first of four postseason gamedays. I seriously considered actually going, but I figure it will be better sitting at home watching it on TV.

GO PACKERS!
    Tex - the perfect Packerrat to start this thread. He lives in Texas. Cowboys his second-favorite team (typing that made me puke up in my mouth a little).

He’s on a roll. Bring it on home, Tex.

I’m not at all confident the Packers can stop the Dallas Machine playing at home. But who cares? The Pack made the playoffs in a year no one expected that, and they have a lot of good young players, lots of early-round draft picks coming up, and in a few weeks will have a new defensive coordinator.

What’s not to like?

Go, Pack, Go!!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    #Packers WR Christian Watson, out since Dec. 3, will work out pregame to test his hamstring and determine if he can play today, source said. For the first time in a month, there is some optimism that he can go. But the workout is key.

Star CB Jaire Alexander is viewed as 50/50.
    Inactive list due about 2:00.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Whether he plays or not, all I can say is that Watson better spend his offseason earning his medical degree in hamstringology.

On another topic, I don't know how your weather is in Green Bay, but here in Detroit it's about nine degrees right now. That got me thinking - if you could talk to the Packer players off the record, how many would prefer a road playoff game in Dallas, where I'm guessing the roof will be closed and temps will be reasonable on the field, as opposed to having a playoff game at home in Green Bay, where it's probably about five degrees and windy? I mean, secretly - if no one in the public knew - what would they say, do you think?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Tex - the perfect Packerrat to start this thread. He lives in Texas. Cowboys his second-favorite team (typing that made me puke up in my mouth a little).

I’m not at all confident the Packers can stop the Dallas Machine playing at home. But who cares? The Pack made the playoffs in a year no one expected that, and they have a lot of good young players, lots of early-round draft picks coming up, and in a few weeks will have a new defensive coordinator.

What’s not to like?

Go, Pack, Go!!
    Fritz, you're telling me the Lions are not your second favorite team?

The Packers are a team on the rise. I'm thinking they have a decent chance. I'm also thinking (and hoping) whoever wins this game wins the Super Bowl.

I hope Watson plays but they are careful with him (like they weren't the last time he got back), both for future games in the playoffs and also because the receiving game has been fine without him playing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

You can have a secondary team only if in AFC. Those are the rules

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Fritz, you're telling me the Lions are not your second favorite team?

The Packers are a team on the rise. I'm thinking they have a decent chance. I'm also thinking (and hoping) whoever wins this game wins the Super Bowl.

I hope Watson plays but they are careful with him (like they weren't the last time he got back), both for future games in the playoffs and also because the receiving game has been fine without him playing.
    No, I can't stand the Lions. I root against them and am usually glad when they lose.

KYPack

If I was to have a second favorite team I think it'd have to be the Steelers.

Old school team, run well, great tradition, tough, hard-nosed team.

I kinda' like the Bills nowadays, too.

But fuck the rest of the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

We should have known to put Tex on this job sooner!? When times are tough and it looks like hope is lost, hopefully Tex will rise to the challenge and bring us back to glory!! I don’t know if we can over play the hand. That’s tempting fate. But in a pinch, it should be 100%
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Obligatory game day post.
    Where would we be without the Cap'n's obligatory game day post?

I always look for that post.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Everyone expects the Cowboys to remain dominant at home and win by 10.
    No one expected the Packers to be here before Thanksgiving - so it’s playing with house money.

Jones needs 20 touches for 120.
    Love will spread the ball to his many receivers.
    Barry has to repeat the approach from the last 2 weeks and adjust as needed.
    Special teams needs to be perfect.

The realist in me gives the Packers a 25% chance to win. A few lucky breaks or a defensive TD and that moves to a coin flip.

Packers are 5-0 in that stadium. Let’s hope todays the 6th.

Packers 33
    Cowgirls 30

Carlson hits a game winner just like Crosby.
    Vegas books have pack at roughly 33% to win and they are the best handicappers on the planet. In conclusion sir, you are a pessimist. Start guzzling Tex's home brew ASAP!!!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    To paraphrase Alphaville and Oldbutnotdeadyet, I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Hopefully, Love drops the figurative bomb on Dallas.

I will call-in with a loss. If they can me from the burger joint, so be it.

Packers 72
    Cowfucks 0

Power to the Packers!
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-14-2024 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Listening to “Forever Young.”
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    You can have a secondary team only if in AFC. Those are the rules
    Those have been my rules for the most part, but today the Packers are my first and second favorite team (they are playing the cowboys)

I don’t love spending 30 minutes prepping fresh veggies and browning meat. But once everything is in the crock pot, it’s a blast to play around with the spices until the chili is just right! Every hour stopping by to smell and taste to see if everything is in track! That’s so damn satisfying!!

Anyone have any special ingredients??

I use less beans and black beans because they’re not as strong
    I add corn because there are fewer beans and I still want that satisfying carb feeling when you eat
    I use a lot of meat
    I use a lot of chopped onion, green pepper, Jalepenos, habeneros, celery.
    The spices I use are salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, coriander, cocoa, garlic powder

I put everything in the crockpot with tomato sauce, and canned diced tomatoes

I play around for 3 hours until it tasted right

Then the next day I put it back on the crock pot 3 hours before it’s time to eat. I add a second round of chopped veggies (no celery this time because it stays too hard if put in too late.) I like that late round of veggies because it adds a layer of a more fresh and less softened veggie crunch to the other flavors that are mixed throughout.

I sliced up some mangos this time in case people want a sweet and hot dynamic. It tasted pretty damn good to be honest and is a nice mix up from a traditional cheese and sour cream bowl!

Anyway, I freaking love chili and it’s so much fun to play around with! Anyone got any little special tips and tricks to your famous chili recipes. I try something a little different most of the time, just to see what works.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We should have known to put Tex on this job sooner!? When times are tough and it looks like hope is lost, hopefully Tex will rise to the challenge and bring us back to glory!! I don’t know if we can over play the hand. That’s tempting fate. But in a pinch, it should be 100%
    Dude, I got the R-E-L-A-X season. I think 9 game day threads in a row.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Dude, I got the R-E-L-A-X season. I think 9 game day threads in a row.
    We have two good options to break a slump.

I need to go to home packer bears games to make sure the bears still suck chant doesn’t get forgotten.

We Packerrats are very important to the outcome of the season. We have to stay dialed in and do our 1/11th.