Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
I don’t love spending 30 minutes prepping fresh veggies and browning meat. But once everything is in the crock pot, it’s a blast to play around with the spices until the chili is just right! Every hour stopping by to smell and taste to see if everything is in track! That’s so damn satisfying!!

Anyone have any special ingredients??

I use less beans and black beans because they’re not as strong
I add corn because there are fewer beans and I still want that satisfying carb feeling when you eat
I use a lot of meat
I use a lot of chopped onion, green pepper, Jalepenos, habeneros, celery.
The spices I use are salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, coriander, cocoa, garlic powder

I put everything in the crockpot with tomato sauce, and canned diced tomatoes

I play around for 3 hours until it tasted right

Then the next day I put it back on the crock pot 3 hours before it’s time to eat. I add a second round of chopped veggies (no celery this time because it stays too hard if put in too late.) I like that late round of veggies because it adds a layer of a more fresh and less softened veggie crunch to the other flavors that are mixed throughout.

I sliced up some mangos this time in case people want a sweet and hot dynamic. It tasted pretty damn good to be honest and is a nice mix up from a traditional cheese and sour cream bowl!

Anyway, I freaking love chili and it’s so much fun to play around with! Anyone got any little special tips and tricks to your famous chili recipes. I try something a little different most of the time, just to see what works.
Sounds tasty.