Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
Nope Justin, but at least you are learning the coverages and rotation.

Let's go to the tape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyMQX0951E

This ain't no off man cover one. The deep guys are two safeties and a corner. This rotation is set up to give plenty of cover on Lamb. Savage is reading his keys and then plays his read on Lamb's route. Does he ever read that shit right, he jumps Lamb's route for the pick 6. In this cover the one safety goes deep to be the deepest of the deep, the other guy is Savage and the 3rd guy is the off corner covering that wide out and not part of this play. That's a sky coverage. Cloud is similar, Two corner and a safety rotate deep. It's used far less than in days of yore, corners are used more in different rotations.

I see people yell about this all the time, but they just don't understand the strategy of zone coverage. ALL zones evolve into man (coaches call it iso) eventually. That's the point of them. To rotate guys into position to have leveraged coverage or to be in the right spot to give help at the right spot and the right time. Most Nfl coverages incorporate principles of both zone and man coverages in various combinations. There are any number of rules in the various covers as to who does what and who goes where. I make it a hobby to pick up on these coverages and the rules and changes in em. The way I figure it, I'm probably 10 years behind the average young NFL assistant. Making me only half a moron.
Ahem…cough, cough…
I shall wait until the “shutdown corner” (who shut down Charles whats-his-name) weighs in on this matter. The basics and strategies of the game must be learned and respected!!