Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Studs and Duds, Packers Epic Wildcard Beatdown of Jerrah's Bois:

https://x.com/hawkeyesnfl/status/174...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

That’s against a probowl LT. That’s special for a 275lb guy.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Not much worse then an “I toad ya so.”
    Perhaps you should consider a victory lap.

At the end of October the Packers were 2-5 and any realist could see we were like the Titanic sinking in the middle of the ocean. If anyone was the blind homer at that point, it was you. Others saw it for was it was, which as a bleak situation.
    And do me a favour as a fellow Packer fan for over 40 years now, just spare the blow-hard shit.
    hahahahaha - It's well over sixty years for me.

I'll stop the "I told ya so" when the whiners and negativists change their tune, which ain't likely.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I'll stop the "I told ya so" when the whiners and negativists change their tune, which ain't likely.
    You took that better than I thought you would, Tex!
    Good man. I gotta admit to you that my respect for you is starting to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Who needs to change their tune specifically and where's the posts to backup why you think they were as bad as all that? There's only a few posters so it shouldn't be too hard for you.

Blog Entries
    Found out about a stud today from the twitterverse...

When the Pack went in the tunnel, ST coach Bisaccia yelled up into the stands "How bout them Cowboys"? to a bunch of miserable Boyz fans and the laughter of the team. You go coach..
    Two guys who have had a very uneven season, Myers and Runyan played spectacularly. It looked like they were not up to par during the year, but got back on track in solid fashion in this ballgame.

Joe Barry We did not play a two shell that much. We played Cloud, more on that later. It's a 3 deep coverage with two safties and a corner, That form of 3 high is called SKY. 2 corners and a safety high is called Cloud. somebody clip this out and send it to Greg Olsen who called our Sky set Cloud, so he'll know what he's talking about in the future. Barry played the 3 high perfectly and deserved a STUD rating after a very beleaguered season. The big example of this coverage was Savages pick. He rotated down exactly right from the 3 high and got a pick 6.

Goddamn this was a great win!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    https://x.com/hawkeyesnfl/status/174...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

That’s against a probowl LT. That’s special for a 275lb guy.
    While watching that sack develop, I noticed that Enagbare basically engaged the RT then dropped off the rush to fill the passing lane for any slant. Made Dak pull down the ball and look left, which gave Van Ness that additional time to get Prescott wrapped. The D had a great game plan and executed it beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

When the Pack went in the tunnel, ST coach Bisaccia yelled up into the stands "How bout them Cowboys"? to a bunch of miserable Boyz fans and the laughter of the team. You go coach..
    Two guys who have had a very uneven season, Myers and Runyan played spectacularly. It looked like they were not up to par during the year, but got back on track in solid fashion in this ballgame.

Joe Barry We did not play a two shell that much. We played Cloud, more on that later. It's a 3 deep coverage with two safties and a corner, That form of 3 high is called SKY. 2 corners and a safety high is called Cloud. somebody clip this out and send it to Greg Olsen who called our Sky set Cloud, so he'll know what he's talking about in the future. Barry played the 3 high perfectly and deserved a STUD rating after a very beleaguered season. The big example of this coverage was Savages pick. He rotated down exactly right from the 3 high and got a pick 6.

Here's the link for those who haven't seen it. https://twitter.com/lmhelmbrecht/sta...99309213458744
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

2nd year, 7th round pick Rasheed Walker in pass pro against one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL

Rasheed Walker vs. the Cowboys

21 pass-blocking snaps
    0 sacks allowed
    0 pressures allowed

Per PFF

Rasheed is a year younger than Tom 23 vs 24

He’s still got a year of real physical development on top of refining his craft. The arrow is pointing top 10 and probably not 10 for left tackles.

I would not say Myers and Runyan played spectacularly, but definitely performed above expectation, and (Runyan at least) above average.

Doubs night was one of the most efficient in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers Wire (USA Today)
    Take a moment to celebrate the night of Romeo Doubs, who produced 151 receiving yards while running only 16 total routes. That’s almost 10 yards per route run. An elite number at the wide receiver position over the course of a full season is around 2.0 yards per route run. Doubs averaged 9.44 on Sunday. He caught all six targets and averaged 25.2 yards per catch. The performance is one of the most efficient by a wide receiver in modern NFL playoff history — Doubs is just the 10th player to produce 150 or more receiving yards on six or fewer catches in the postseason.

Source: Packers PFF grades: Best, worst players from NFC Wild Card Round vs. Cowboys

2nd year, 7th round pick Rasheed Walker in pass pro against one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL

Rasheed Walker vs. the Cowboys

21 pass-blocking snaps
    0 sacks allowed
    0 pressures allowed

Per PFF
    they showed a some stats, maybe during last weeks game, maybe the week before, that showed some really jaw dropping numbers from walker this year

if his name was bakhtiari he probably makes the pro bowl this year

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they showed a some stats, maybe during last weeks game, maybe the week before, that showed some really jaw dropping numbers from walker this year

if his name was bakhtiari he probably makes the pro bowl this year
    Tucker Kraft gets most improved from week 1 to week 18

But Walker is next. The whole OL was a little shaky to start. And Walker was right at the head of that class. But the way he’s played the second half, absolutely, he’s knocking on probowl level LT play. And it’s highly doubtful that this is his prime. Next year should be the start of his best years.

I don’t think we need a tackle. A depth piece for sure, but I don’t think a first round stud tackle makes as big of a difference as other positions would.

Red! You nailed it. His name is now “Walktiari.”

Now let’s all wait for APB to weigh in on KY’s informative post and call something a “pistol” formation or scheme.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

https://x.com/poolpartygaming/status...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

It looks like they were playing some sort of off man cover 1 scheme. I think savage was coming down to cover #3 and he had an opportunity to do something better. It looks like quay was matched on #20. Everyone else was obvious.

https://x.com/poolpartygaming/status...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

It looks like they were playing some sort of off man cover 1 scheme. I think savage was coming down to cover #3 and he had an opportunity to do something better. It looks like quay was matched on #20. Everyone else was obvious.
    Yeah, 59 blitzes. That was a cover 1 off man look. I can’t imagine what Dak was thinking??

I went back and looked at the TV copy. When the slot shifted, Campbell moved over with him. Then the snaps came pretty quick and Campbell was blitzing. I think Dak expected man defense with two safeties. In that case, Cambell would have been occupied with the slot and the 2 receiver had leverage to get that slant.

Savage did a great job disguising the cover 1. Campbell shifting indicated man. Dak thought he knew what he was looking at and thought his guy could win with that leverage and no one could be there because Campbell would be occupied on the other slant.

It was a good disguise and caught them off guard. Having Campbell motion with the slot was really confusing.

Dak has wide eyes at that time in the game and they were pushing tempo down 3 scores at the end of the half.

That was a great call by Barry. With Savage back, and jaire, and everyone else having a little more experience, Barry can do a few more things. He’s a good DC, just needed a little competency in the back so he could mix it up a little more and drift from base installs.

The only way that play could have been better is if Campbell had masked his blitz better. Tom Brady would have sniffed that out. But if Campbell can have a little discipline, that’s a call that can surprise most quarterbacks. For Brady, that would typically be a sack or a lucky off schedule because he’d have seen Campbell blitzing and known something was off.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Dak has wide eyes at that time in the game and they were pushing tempo down 3 scores at the end of the half.

That was a great call by Barry. With Savage back, and jaire, and everyone else having a little more experience, Barry can do a few more things. He’s a good DC, just needed a little competency in the back so he could mix it up a little more and drift from base installs.
    Sorry but this is rubbish.. So when it goes bad it's all on the players but if it goes well it is Barry.

You don't know what the call was. Maybe Savage freelanced and jumped the route.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry but this is rubbish.. So when it goes bad it's all on the players but if it goes well it is Barry.

You don't know what the call was. Maybe Savage freelanced and jumped the route.
    Look at the Twitter link. It’s pretty damn obvious what the play was based on everyone playing cover 1 off man defense. Quay is the only one with a mildly questionable path and I think he’s baiting Dak to go to the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Ignorance removed by admin
    That’s all you got?
    Disappointing.